Welcome to PatsFans.com

Your Senators are completely useless

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TommyBrady12, May 14, 2008.

1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +142 / 9 / -8

#12 Jersey

I live in Virginia and must say that your senators are completely retarded. Where are Sens. Leahy, Jeffords, Kennedy, Kerry, Collins, Snowe, Lieberman, Dodd and the New Hampshire Senators in all of this? This is the only NFL team with TEN Senators representing them in Congress. One U.S. Senator is doing all this damage and none of the New England Senators want to step up? Where's Kerry who proudly stated in 2004 that he was another New England Patriot that was going to win that year?
  2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

Ummm . . . the more they talk, the more they keep this #%&# in the news. The less said, the better.

Besides, Leahy is the only one that really matters, because without his support, Specter can just spin his wheels.
  3. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

I am not sure Kerry even knows how many players are on the field for a team at one time. He probably could tell you all the ins and outs of polo though.

The others I agree are completely AWOL. But the senate is its own country club. They dont yell at each other; cause it will come back around the next time they want to be stupid in a different matter.
  4. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +142 / 9 / -8

#12 Jersey

that makes no sense since Specter is keeping this thing alive in the news by himself. it would have died yesterday if not for what happened today. these senators have to go to specter privately and tell him to stop the witchhunt.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Spectre can essentially avoid Leahy and the whole committee by asking for an independent investigator.. that seems to be his intent, as Leahy and the rest of the contingent do not seem that enthused about pursuing this.
  6. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

They aren't that useless. Supposedly Leahy has already balked at holding Senate hearings on this matter. And I am sure that Senator Kennedy is in agreement with him.

We just hadn't heard about it until now
  7. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

True, but the NFL doesn't have to give him anything since no law was broken. Specter's sabre rattling over the Anti-Trust agreement is just pure bluster on his part. He's got nothing to go after them with. Nothing at all.
  8. Doctor DDS

Doctor DDS Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I can't believe they are actually going to start another investigation into this whole affair. Why is taping somehow worse than steroids, cap violations, tampering, audio failures (San Fran accused of this) etc.. Let's assume Spector finds all sorts of evidence that supports his claims. What then? Should the Pats give up all of their Championships? If yes, then Dallas must do the same if what Jimmy Johnson said is true. Joe Torre and the juiced up Yanks will certainly have to give back their hardware as will the Steelers of the 70's. Same with the Broncos and Niners. All victories by Gaylord Perry should be stricken from the record books along with Sammy Sosa and his corked bat. I heard a discussion on the FAN how George Hals used to purposly send out of focus tapes for other teams use (that's how they did it in those days) so all Bear records will be removed and he will lose his place in the HOF. It's amazing that no new evidence comes out yet the Pats seem to be deeper in trouble. This may be the craziest witch hunt I've ever seen.
  9. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +125 / 19 / -8

#18 Jersey

Kennedy's drunk. Let's be honest.
  10. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why would they get involved? If Kennedy or Kerry said anything they would be raked over the coals as homers.

This isn't a government issue. It's about a delusional Eagles fan who happens to be in the Senate and has the means to get his voice heard.
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  11. AStack75

AStack75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Our senators are completely useless?

I could have told you that long before Spygate.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

So let's MAKE them enthused!:D

Now our local media can be our friends...they LOVE this stuff!:D
  13. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't know I would hope they are doing there job and not paying attention to the stupid crap
  14. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'd like to think of it as we have good senators. In other words, maybe they recognize that their job is not to argue about sports, but instead to represent the state in issues that acutally matter.
    Specter is unfamiliar with that concept.
  15. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Sen. Comcast hasn't done anything but hold a press conference.

The only time the New England delegation doesn't need to get involved at this point. The only thing I want them to do is insist that if an investigation occurs all 32 teams are investigated.
  16. g-fresh

g-fresh Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is basically what I came in this thread to say. We have lots of real problems for our government to deal with. I was against the government wasting its time investigating baseball and I think anyone with a bit of sense is against Specter's pointless grudge keeping.
  17. theONLYJerseypatsfan

theONLYJerseypatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

THIS is actually what we should be hoping for huh? That the NE senators are busy doing what they should be doing instead of dealing with the ramblings of a bought senator.
  18. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 2 / -1

Now, there's breaking news, huh?

Tell us something we don't already know...:rocker:
  19. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -7

#12 Jersey

You're an idiot. Let's be honest.
  20. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +142 / 9 / -8

#12 Jersey

but the problem with that is that while Specter is wasting his time investigating us our team is getting thrown under a bus. we need someone with power to step up. otherwise, we will continue to look bad in the media. kraft has not done as much fighting on our behalf as i'd like.

man am i glad John Warner is my senator and not kerry or mr. chapaquidick.