PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your prediction - the first offensive play of the season for the Patriots will be....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I think we did this last year as well - your play calling prediction of the first offensive play of the season...

There's lots of directions to go of course, and in all likelihood it will probably be a vanilla, handoff to Dillon or Maroney

But that's not a lot of "fun" for the purpose of this thread - and if I'm BB, I know that that's what the other teams are expecting, so maybe he mixes it up a bit

So what would the first play YOU'D run on offense - deep route to Watson?

I'm thinking something still a little bit vanilla - a pass to Kevin Faulk while the D is keying on Dillon, Maroney, and Watson.

I'd LOVE it if Graham or Thomas were in on that first play as well, but I'm thinking short pass to Faulk, with a nice gain after the catch.

Last edited:
Re: Your prediction - the first offensive play of the season for the Patriots will be

Dillon. Run to the left for 4.

This is fun, Joe. Too bad more posters don't input.

C'mon guys!

Re: Your prediction - the first offensive play of the season for the Patriots will be

Playaction post with Gabriel going at Donte Whitner and us testing the rookie for 27 yards
im hoping to see us bring the no huddle back like the past years

Last edited:
I'm going to go with a ten yard out to Reche Caldwell.

10 - 15 yards to Watson over the middle

Dillon over right tackle..c'mon

I came here to predict bomb to Gabriel, and I'm the 3rd out of 7 to say so!!!!!!!!

Patriots open in 2 TE formation with 2 WRs and Dillion in the backfield. And the pass goes to Daniel Graham over the middle!!! Watson decoys the FS deep up the seam...

Joker said:
Dillon over right tackle..c'mon

So you think BB will just do the obvious? You stand a good chance of being right.

Of course, I don't suppose you think there's any chance he'd keep Dillon (or Maroney for that matter) on the sidelines for the entire first series?

That could NEVER happen!

If the Patriots want to set the tone straight for the season.
The only play that should be called is a quick pass to Troy.
Very symbolic and very deserved.

However...I'm with Joker...it will be off tackle...hopefully O'Callahan's side.

Play action off tackle, 12 yards over the middle to Watson.

Ho hum...Dillon off left tackle for 15 yds.:blahblah:

Yes! Exactly! But don't forget the mean block that Graham will lay on the Bufflao DE to set up the 15 yard 1st down run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes