PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your opinion on a proposed Auction for overtime games from a fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This Auction type proposal for Overtime games was thought of and brought up by 2 NFL fans and sent to the league for consideration 5 years ago, but have yet to be taken into consideration and most likely never will but these ideas were brought up again in a recent New York Times article thus this thread is created.

What do you think about these?

The NFL’s New Overtime Format

Personally I like the 'Silent Auction' proposal,We may never see these implemented because these proposals are by people the NFL Commissioner would never seriously listen to, but you have to admit they are interesting ideas by joe shmoes of the world of NFL fans

Last edited:
I know it's still the off season, but this is as nonsensical as when they proposed it in 2003...

I believe at the last league meetings the competition committee again reported there is no groundswell of support among ownerships to change the existing OT rules.

I know it's still the off season, but this is as nonsensical as when they proposed it in 2003...

I believe at the last league meetings the competition committee again reported there is no groundswell of support among ownerships to change the existing OT rules.

I am aware that things may never change when it comes to overtime rules but I came across this today and thought it was interesting to read some ideas from ordinary people not associated with the league to come up with - This idea was in fact a unique one which is why it was posted in the NY Times this week but I guess you could say its all irrelevant.

Intriguing. My initial reaction is that this would be "messy", but I think I'd like to see it play out a few times to really evaluate it.

Sounds like something from a gameshow. I'm still of the opinion a 5th quarter is the fairest route.

Where's the XFL when you need it? THis would have been PERFECT.

For the NFL, don't be silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back