Welcome to PatsFans.com

Your Most Hated Movie/Actor

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by lazarusinthesanatorium, Sep 7, 2008.

1. lazarusinthesanatorium

lazarusinthesanatorium Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

To ALL:

For a pure case of the pathos on Film, I'm gonna have to put my money on a little film called "Encino Man." Here's Why: It's NOT the case that Brandon Frasier is the Best actor out of the All-world, show-stopping, Academy Award Trio of Him, Sean Austin, and Pauli Shore...that's not the reason I hate it. Nor do I find it too incredulous that they (Shore and Austin) find a frozen caveman in their backyard in Southern Cal, Melt the ice around him, teach him to trust them, somewhat understand them, primp, "pimp", and clean him up so they may take said Caveman to their High-Shool in order that the real life/character geeks of Austin and Shore can become more popular and finally be accepted by the "cool" Kids...No, na-na-na-No, I can suspend my disbelief throughout Allll this, no problem, I'm with 'em so far... BUT, Here's what I cannot accept:

When Shore/Austin take cave-man Frasier to an after school Hockey rink to watch a game, Head cool Kid/HeadBad Guy/Jerk of the Film's Girlfriend begin's to Quote-unquote MAC, and hit on Frasier (a caveman with dreadlocks and perfect teeth), The Head Bad/Cool Kid punches Frasier in the face... Frasier Caveman takes the punch, but sits there somewhat dumbfounded (I'm sure that was hard acting right there), and Neanderthal Frasier Does NOT hit the Bad/Cool Jerk kid back...

Here's the Reason Why (as Austin says to Shore): "Don't ya see, He doesn't understand fighting for 'Cool' or 'Popular', He understands fighting for things like Territory and Food." THIS IS TOTAL B.S. TO ME! When That hot Cali-Brunette was hitting on him, the ONE THING even Brandon Frasier WOULD Understand is S-E-X... I'm sayin' that Cave-Idiot would have UNDERSTOOD Mating Rights, and Fighting to get a lil' piece of tail, He would Have DEFINATELY Fought for Her (note: so would you and I...she was pretty fine)...

So That's IT Folks...My Point Is Simple: I can totally understand a Caveman riding around Sothern Cal on the back of a Scooter with Pauli Shore And starting a Congo-Dance Line (later) (no problem), BUT I Just can't grasp a Caveman who has been frozen for ten-thousand years not wanting to get-his-rocks-off...

of note: ALL turns out right in the end as Shore and Austin teach Cave-Moron Frasier to fight by watching Saturday-Night Wrestling on TNT, AND They ALL get dates to the Prom (except for Austin, though, But He learns a valuable lesson about Friendship and Love)

Thoughts ANYONE?
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Ben Stiller annoys me. Brendan Frasier is a turd too.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Almost anything with Mel Gibson in it. The Patriot is the epitome of what I can't stand about his movies.

Latest movie that left me wanting to never see a movie again: 21. Just horribly stupid.
  4. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Definitely, Definitely Goldblum. I can't stand Jeff Goldblum. He plays the same character in every movie and has made millions.

Then he goes around acting arrogant and carries himself like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He's so incredibly lucky.

There are plenty of actors who play the same guy in every movie (see William Zabka) and they aren't as lucky as Golblum.

You aren't a scientist Jeff. stop it with the "gee ummm hmmm lemme think here" with those stupid faces as you contemplate different issues.
  5. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The good movies are so rare it seems almost unfair to pick one as the worst. But, I'd have to go with Starship Troopers. I had no intention on seeing this but, I want with a group of friends and at some point I literally was unsure if it was suppose to be a comedy or not.

Actor: Harrison Ford. Most over rated actor ever.
  6. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The good movies are so rare it seems almost unfair to pick one as the worst. But, I'd have to go with Starship Troopers. I had no intention on seeing this but, I went with a group of friends and at some point I literally was unsure if it was suppose to be a comedy or not.

Actor: Harrison Ford. Most over rated actor ever.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  7. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I can't stand Tim Robbins, except in The Shawshank Redemption.

For movies I'd go with Godfather 3, Caddyshack 2, and Rocky V.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
  8. Michael

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Tim Robbins and Godfather 3. Two excellent picks. I've never seen the other two.
  9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +495 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Anything starring Barbra Streisand. She's sappy in a righteously pompous sort of way that makes me wanna puke.

I also will actively avoid anything with Hugh Grant in it. What a smarmy 'tard that guy is.
  10. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Be glad you've never been subjected to either!
  11. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

touch me and ill sue.
  12. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sue me for what?

(writing it doesn't do justice, need to have the slurred Rocky voice going)
  13. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i love mel gibson. we were solders . excellent movie.
  14. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Braveheart is maybe my favorite movie. Historical accuracy isn't really his strong suit, but I think he makes a good film.

Wildo, I at least hope you're leaving the original Lethal Weapon off your list of dislikes!
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I don't know if Pauly Shore counts. Hes not an actor or comedian for that matter but I HATE HIM.
  16. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Yes, that movie was an Intense ride. :rocker:
  17. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Gotta go with Michael Douglas. Can't stand him.
  18. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Kevin Costner. Dances with Wolves was the worstcuz of him.
  19. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I like the Lethal Weapons movies. I just can't stand him. And when you make a fictional movie with a historical backdrop, laughably stupid things like the civil-rights minded plantation owner or the evil British general who burns a church full of women and children ruin it for me. It's not nit-picky, I actually had no problem with Braveheart's shortcomings, but when it defies basic history and common sense it loses me. But the main reason I don't like him is because he's one dimensional, and his mannerisms are the same in every movie he makes. I don't like actors who have to be the perfect hero in everything they make. Even Bruce Willis has shown greater range as an actor than Mel Gibson. Plus he tries to make his dumb action movies appear meaningful, when in fact they are just shallow entertainment. We Were Soldiers is a perfect example of that, just another bland Vietnam movie with nothing poignant to say other than "they were heroic blah blah blah." That stuff is boring to me.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

How can someone diss Braveheart? [​IMG]

Include me as someone who think the movie "The Patriot" totally sucks. We Were Soldiers was a good flick though.

Mad Max, Maverick, & The Bounty [​IMG]