PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your MB is funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very incorrect. It's what opposing fans were saying. The select few in the NFL who did say something have paid this season. 99% of players and coaches were smart enough to shut their mouths. Spicer was not.

Tony Dungee, LT, Ben Roethisberger, Jason Taylor all said things that I remember and if I research it more I could find a whole lot more and everyteams local paper where someone on the team said something about it.

Your posters are funny. Me being a Jags fan, I'm all to familiar with posters demanding the respect card. I kind of understand it from the Jags fans but not from the Pats fans. Your favorite team is the best of this decade but I constantly see posters saying that the team is not getting respected.

Nobody but Pats fans want them to win. Everybody want to have the King removed from his throne. So of course they are going to try, and I mean try, to find ways to make the Pats sound beatable. They should have no time beating the Jags. Indy is the only true threat the Pats have. NFC has no shot to any of the teams left in the playoffs.

Here is to a good game Sat. night.

respect? that pats are the only 16-0 team in the history of the nfl, and yet they are indirectly being called soft, weak, old, small

there are ppl who are making gaurantees of a pats lose in the playoffs

there are players (not in NE) who talk as if they were undefeated

there are nationwide polls asking "who do u think will win sat night" and the jags are winning those polls

and there are fans who still hold a grudge and find every excuse under the sun

respect? i think the Patriots can still play that card, very easily too....

Tony Dungee, LT, Ben Roethisberger, Jason Taylor all said things that I remember and if I research it more I could find a whole lot more and everyteams local paper where someone on the team said something about it.

Dungy-check, November game
LT-check, was seen crying again after the game
Ben and Hines Ward-check, humiliated in December
Jason Taylor? Extremely hard to believe, he's a Patriot in the wrong uniform.

You may find a couple more, but most were very smart and shut their mouths. They also realize those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. This is hardly the shadiest thing going on in the NFL.

This is hardly the shadiest thing going on in the NFL.

I agree but I still wonder why. Why risk it if your the most talented team and best coach in the league.

I agree but I still wonder why. Why risk it if your the most talented team and best coach in the league.

Rehashing this gives me a headache. Search the threads on the board, you'll get all the explanation you need. It's been detailed 10,000 times. Do yourself a favor, do it with an open mind, and form your own opinion, you may surprise yourself.

Because he didn't view it as very serious. See the rule he broke was placing the camera in the wrong place. In the past when somebody did that all that happened was they were told to stop.

Bet you didn't know this but littering in some cities and towns in New York State, is a criminal violation. That means you can spend up to 5 days in jail.

So lets say you throw a gum wrapper on the ground. Very rarely does this result in anything more than someone telling you to pick up.

But you do and wind up in jail for 5 days. What is your reaction going to be?

Now lets say after you spend 5 days in jail, I asked you how come you didn't walk 30 feet to the garbage pail instead of risking 5 days in jail. You probably would say, "I didn't I would go to jail for throwing a gum wrapper on the ground."

Because he didn't view it as very serious. See the rule he broke was placing the camera in the wrong place. In the past when somebody did that all that happened was they were told to stop.

Bet you didn't know this but littering in some cities and towns in New York State, is a criminal violation. That means you can spend up to 5 days in jail.

So lets say you throw a gum wrapper on the ground. Very rarely does this result in anything more than someone telling you to pick up.

But you do and wind up in jail for 5 days. What is your reaction going to be?

Now lets say after you spend 5 days in jail, I asked you how come you didn't walk 30 feet to the garbage pail instead of risking 5 days in jail. You probably would say, "I didn't I would go to jail for throwing a gum wrapper on the ground."

Cool. Thank you, I didn't know the whole thing just what the media reports. I don't care about the Pats so I just take things said about them at face value. I appreciate it.

Cool. Thank you, I didn't know the whole thing just what the media reports. I don't care about the Pats so I just take things said about them at face value. I appreciate it.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Millions did just the same as you did, thus creating Spygate and cheaters. Mountain from a mole hill.

So do I. Last time I checked the Colts are the reigning Super Bowl Champs. The Pats haven't won anything yet. Hell, the Jags have won more games this post-season than the Pats have.

Can't live in the past. What you did last year has no bearing on this year.

Just ask the Pats when they went to the SB with Parcells.

Several football players did say it, but not Jason Taylor. Dungy and LT are on the list.

These people essentially questioned the Patriots legitimacy. The Patriots take that personally.

Seriously, what is so difficult to understand about this?

Risk what? This was SOP. Nothing nefarious about it. Even the NFL was OK with it. Until it was blown out of proportion.

Go do your homework we'll be here waiting, like we always have been...:cool:

Your posters are funny. Me being a Jags fan, I'm all to familiar with posters demanding the respect card. I kind of understand it from the Jags fans but not from the Pats fans. Your favorite team is the best of this decade but I constantly see posters saying that the team is not getting respected.

It's actually not imagined... when the Official Jaguars website has an asterisk next to the Patriots name saying they are undefeated because they cheated (ignoring the fact that Spygate had no impact on the Jets game) the players recognize ALL their past success and Super Bowl rings are being questioned.

Spygate served to give this team something to rally around - to show the NFL and the world once and for all what they are made of - and had so many not questioned the players honor, I don't think we'd be at 16-0 right now.

So "thanks" to the genius on the official Jaguars website who thought it would be a good idea to put the asterisk on the Patriots leading up to a playoff game!

:rofl:

If I were a Jags fan I'd be demanding that guy's head on a stick!

Nobody but Pats fans want them to win. Everybody want to have the King removed from his throne. So of course they are going to try, and I mean try, to find ways to make the Pats sound beatable. They should have no time beating the Jags. Indy is the only true threat the Pats have. NFC has no shot to any of the teams left in the playoffs.

Here is to a good game Sat. night.

Ahhh...respect...love...hate...analysis...predictions...none of it matters...

Here's to a good game back at ya!

What Spicer said and when he said it was what everyone in the league was saying.

Spicer just didn't back down when they ask him 4 months later if 4 months earlier he meant it. I still don't understand what the big deal is. He said it back then and also said this week that all that, that happened earlier in the year doesn't mean squat, that the Pats won all the games. What did you guys want him to say. No I never said that or I was wrong or what?

He's is not saying that he is saying that now he is saying that he meant what he said when he said it. He was more going after goodell, who at the time was suspending player after player and he wanted to see if he would do to coaches what they were doing to players.

you usually only here players and fans saying ignorant stuff about the pats "cheating" because it's the coaches that are doing it. now if a coach comes out and says something negative about taping they are hypocrits because anyone who knows the history of the nfl knows that these types of things have been going on even before george halas was audio taping opposing teams locker rooms.

I don't understand why you need to have respect, your favorite has scoreboard. Nobody can take that away.

I'm an ex-Cowboy fan (before Jax) and everyone always wanted them to lose because they won. I didn't care. I loved the hate. Just embrace it. If they hate, they must be good.

Wow, your devotion to your team is very impressive!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Show some respect!

On a serious note, there are a few posts like those you're describing, but mostly we're looking at what kind of bulletin board material our team will be pinning up this week.

1. Official Jags website with asterisk. Check
2. Spicer stands by comments about our previous Super Bowl wins. Check.
3. Brady should have been speared. Check.
4. Pundits saying the Patriots aren't as tough as the Jags. Check.

All signs of disrespect, true, but also things the Patriots will use to get up for the game.

This response pretty much sums things up properly, so let me just say: DITTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back