PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your free agent wishlist... [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Your free agent wishlist...

QB: Jeff Garcia to backup Brady. (once again is Cassel is gone)
RB: I think we should let Jordan go and sign Derrick Ward or Dominic Rhodes. Pretty much someone to compliment Maroney, to make a unstoppable RB duo.
WR: Resign Gaffney
TE: Owen Daniels or LJ Smith, whoever is cheaper.
OL: Mark Tauscher would be nice and inexpensive, but I really want Ryan Clady.
DL: We are deep at DL arleady, we just need to somehow resign the guys we have.
LB: Jonathon Vilma
CB: Asomugha of course...
SS: Dawan Landry or Darren Sharper
K: GHOST
P: Shane Lechler, Hanson needs to go.

QB: Jeff Garcia to backup Brady. (once again is Cassel is gone)
RB: I think we should let Jordan go and sign Derrick Ward or Dominic Rhodes. Pretty much someone to compliment Maroney, to make a unstoppable RB duo.
WR: Resign Gaffney
TE: Owen Daniels or LJ Smith, whoever is cheaper.
OL: Mark Tauscher would be nice and inexpensive, but I really want Ryan Clady.
DL: We are deep at DL arleady, we just need to somehow resign the guys we have.
LB: Jonathon Vilma
CB: Asomugha of course...
SS: Dawan Landry or Darren Sharper
K: GHOST
P: Shane Lechler, Hanson needs to go.

I like Jordan, he's a power back. Even if he's out for a limited time (not this year) you still have a solid rb.
I'd just as soon see Gaffney go. He's made some great catches, but the easy ones that he's dropped has cost us critical games (including playoffs). If he dropped another one I'd have to buy a new tv.
As much as Hanson has had bad kicks, I can't remember him costing us games or easy points. OTH, he's produced big time on a number of occasions. I give him a pass.

I think Suggs is exactly what this defense needs. If he becomes available, I think we should be all over him. Him and Adalius outside along with Seymour staying healthy would give us a damn good pass rush. Move Vrabel back inside and if Adalius or Suggs get hurt, we've got better depth because Vrabel can move back outside if needed.

I'd upgrade the secondary through the draft, as I'm not crazy about the free agents available.

I like Sproles, Buckhalter, Shaun McDonald as underrated offensive players/signings. Derrick Ward as well, but I think he's going to get significantly more money than the others. Owen Daniels is a damn good young TE, but I'd be stunned if the Texans let him walk.

Last edited:

These are some free agents that have spruiked my interest (without knowing their current contract status)

RB: Brandon Jacobs, Darren Sproles, LaMont Jordan (He's been pretty good IMO)
WR: Jabar Gaffney (he does come through more than he fails)
LB: Terrell Suggs (to play as a LB no DL), Karlos Dansby
CB: Nhamdi Asomugha
PU: Shane Lechler

Give me Phillip Buchanon.

Troy Brown on Comcast Sports Tonight said he would not want to speak for Harrison or Bruschi. But speculated that both would retire. Might want to factor this into any F/A wishlists. (Unless you think Guyton or Sanders will step up)

Troy Brown on Comcast Sports Tonight said he would not want to speak for Harrison or Bruschi. But speculated that both would retire. Might want to factor this into any F/A wishlists. (Unless you think Guyton or Sanders will step up)

They're both pretty much done unfortunately. More so Harrison then Bruschi. I would be shocked to see Rodney come back after his nasty injury I am 50/50 on Tedy.

Give me Phillip Buchanon.

Pats would never bring him in.. Michael Holley talked about him years ago... There was a story he was going to put in Patriot Reign but held back. It was a story where Buchanon came for a predraft visit and basically was upset he didn't have a limo and 1st class tkt.. They sent him packing minutes into the conversation..

I don't think he will retire (although it wouldn't be a total shocker) but Vrabel has been banged up for a while. I think his shoulder injury is chronic and he just looks damn slow out there.

All of this points to more youth being added to the LB core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back