PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your feelings on Adam Vinatieri possibly obtaining a 5th Super Bowl ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care. Any Pats fan trashing Adam is pathetic considering what he did for the franchise.

If he gets another ring than good for him, if he doesn't than oh well.

I thought of it a few days ago and my only thought at the time was the (potential) number of Super Bowl rings and what a small group of players there are that would have been on the roster of that many champions - even if he hasn't played for a while and won't be playing in this game. I didn't even think to consider the total (win or loss) number of Super Bowls, I guess because he won't be playing in this one.

As for being happy for him or mad at him, neither thought ever crossed my mind. Of course his contributions are legendary, but in terms of the here and now he's just a player on another team, and has been for a while. As for the thoughts of him not only leaving the Pats but joining a rival, I stopped thinking about that a long time ago.

Edit: This is more interesting and yes it counts since he is on the active roster (Chance for fifth ring bittersweet for Indianapolis Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri - ESPN Boston)

Another tidbit on the Colts kicking situation (Colts Stover will be oldest ever in Super Bowl | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star)

Just to make sure that arse Charles Haley doesn't hold that title alone is enough for me to root for Vinataieri to get his fifth. Any chance he could get cut by the Colts and then signed by the Saints by Sunday?

As long as he's the first kicker in the hall of fame as a Patriot, he can win as many rings as he wants. Wish it wasn't with the Colts but wtf can you do.

He kind of ranks the same as Ty Law to me. I appreciate what they did as Patriots, but their exit left a sour taste in my mouth. So i really could care less what he does :cool:

Glad for what he did for the Pats; hope he doesn't get another ring on Sunday because he plays for the Colts. If he was on the Saints I would say good for him.

Good Luck to him.

Without him, we may still be waiting for our ring.

He's made one hell of a career for himself and I think Indy will regret using Stover ahead of Adam.

Ditto. Best of luck to him.

As long as he's the first kicker in the hall of fame as a Patriot, he can win as many rings as he wants. Wish it wasn't with the Colts but wtf can you do.

If he doesn't go into the Hall of Fame, they need to just come out and say, we don't include kickers in the HOF, imho.

Also, I'd assume it's a given he goes in as a Patriot. I mean even if he equals his Superbowls in Indy, I'd still say he goes in as a Patriot, right?

If he doesn't go into the Hall of Fame, they need to just come out and say, we don't include kickers in the HOF, imho.

Also, I'd assume it's a given he goes in as a Patriot. I mean even if he equals his Superbowls in Indy, I'd still say he goes in as a Patriot, right?

I thought guys only went into the HOF as members of a certain team in the MLB, since it needs to go on the cap in their picture.

I thought guys only went into the HOF as members of a certain team in the MLB, since it needs to go on the cap in their picture.

Oh...... then nevermind, my fault. I didn't realize that.

Last edited:
The Vinitraitor is dead to me.
Possible posthumous ring?

I feel the same way I'd feel about most non-Patriots.

Will he be kicking on Sunday? Good for him, I guess, but it would be hard to claim that he really earned this one in any meaningful way. I don't have any grudge against him though- I still don't think that he belongs in the HOF, but only because as a rule I just don't think that kickers matter nearly as much as people think they do.

Couldn't care less. Worry about more important things than other Patriots winning super bowls.

Vinatieri was a legend for us, and to be pissed that he may get a 5th ring is in poor judgement I think.

Yes, he went to a rival team, but at the end of the day, where are we without his three field goals? Maybe we still win, maybe we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back