• Banta-Cain

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • OTHER

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfork, but Welker is a close 2nd.

Hard to chose between Welker or Brady, but I have to give a slight edge to Welker because he is short like myself. :D

Can someone explain too me why Moss only has 3 votes and Welker has 20 even though Moss is a top 3 all time WR, and Welker is a slot guy?

Im not ripping you guys for liking Welker, hes a good player and he's fun too watch. I just find it strange that the most talented players usually aren't the most liked.

Can someone explain too me why Moss only has 3 votes and Welker has 20 even though Moss is a top 3 all time WR, and Welker is a slot guy?

Im not ripping you guys for liking Welker, hes a good player and he's fun too watch. I just find it strange that the most talented players usually aren't the most liked.

Well, for me it's always been easier to like the players who don't get as much hype.

Kevin Faulk on offense. The guy is so clutch and so important yet so underrated. He continues to get the job done time after time. If that 4th and 2 play arose during the playoffs and we were losing, the two guys I would look for are 1) Kevin Faulk and 2) Welker. If the game is on the line, I want the ball in Faulk's hands, that's how much faith I have in him. Also I gotta say I love Brady, Welker, Maroney, and Moss.

On defense it's Brandon Meriweather. I'm a fan of the U so I loved him on Miami and was very happy when we drafted him. I think he's got the potential to be a top 5 or top 10 safety in the league, but he isn't there yet. Patrick Chung is a very close 2nd on defense even though this is only his first year, and I like Wilhite too.

Agreed, Faulk was my vote. He's been the most durable and most productive player of the Belichick era. Only him and Brady remain from the 2000 squad; only Faulk remains from the 1999 team. I'm sure, once Kevin retires, Belichick will honor him in the same way he did Bruschi and Troy.

I'm still undecided on Meriweather in general. I would still like him to mature a bit and bring a Rodney-like presence to the defense, if that's even possible. I just see too much Asante in him in some of his celebrations.

Last edited:
My favorite Patriot always has been and still is Bill Belichick. Player or not.

Agreed, Faulk was my vote. He's been the most durable and most productive player of the Belichick era. Only him and Brady remain from the 2000 squad; only Faulk remains from the 1999 team. I'm sure, once Kevin retires, Belichick will honor him in the same way he did Bruschi and Troy.

I'm still undecided on Meriweather in general. I would still like him to mature a bit and bring a Rodney-like presence to the defense, if that's even possible. I just see too much Asante in him in some of his celebrations.

Meriweather has a HUGE thing to improve on and that is TACKLING

He is well below average in that department and that is keeping him back from being considered near Elite

Player that is Player Of Game after a Pats win.

The guy who said this.....

"I think it’s obviously a wonderful experience in my life (having a child), and I owe it to the guys in the locker room to really be focused on what I need to do for this team. That’s kind of where I’m at today, and I put all those emotions aside and kind of come in here with a great sense of determination of what we have to do as a team. As a captain and a leader of this team, the last thing that they need from me is to be really not focused on the job at hand. There are plenty of things for me to be doing here this week."

Meriweather. During the Bills game, he kept making me proud that he was a Patriot, so he's my favorite now. When the camera zoomed in and he and TO were exchanging words, when he clocked McKelvin and stood him up to be stripped, and when they showed him dancing to "Put On" during the final drive all made me decide to start liking him. I was looking for a new favorite since Seymour just got traded.

I think I'm going to seriously be liking Chung.

Brady- Faulk is a distant second, followed by Moss.

Faulk gets my vote. Most underrated player in the league IMO. Also i love scrappy guys like him that can catch, run, and block consistently.

I'm a D guy and I've took a shine to Meriweather also. You can see flashes of great play in him and I'm sure if he works he can become a leading player for the Patriots in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back