PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your favorite Patriots play of the decade - One on offense, defense, special teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Your favorite Patriots play of the decade - One on Offense, Defense, Special Team

Offense SB vs. Panthers Brady to Troy Brown makes an incredible catch over the middle
YouTube - Troy Brown Tribute - NFL Wide Receiver 8:55 into the video

Defense Ty Law Interception on Kurt Warner SB - Set the Tone for the rest of the day

Special Teams - The Kick SuperBowl against the Rams!

Re: Your favorite Patriots play of the decade - One on Offense, Defense, Special Team

Great thread!
I love reading all the plays, and the best part is, and I am sure this is true for everyone on this board, I can see virtually all of the plays in my mind's eye.
One of the poster's above cited JR Redmond's catch in SB 36, where he just barely made the first down and even more just barely got out of bounds, on the game winning drive...I have always thought that was the single most underrated play in Pats history.
But the thread says favorite plays, not underrated or best or most important or greatest...so, here is my list:

Offensive: Brady to Troy Brown at Pitt in the AFCG, 60 yds, Brady looked off the safety, stepped up to avoid the pressure and let fly and the ball settled into Brown's hands, perfectly in stride....
Honorable mention: The Tuck Rule Play. I was watching the game in a hotel room while my wife and two young children slept, and so I had the sound off...and I could not for the life of me figure out why the Pats were getting the ball back....lol...

Defensive: Bruschi's interception against Miami in the "other" snow bowl, and the resulting celebration with the snow in the air.
Honorable mention: Ty Law's pick six against the Rams and Warner...and Vrabel's slap in Warner's face which led to the same.

Special Teams: AV's kick against Oakland in the snow bowl game. Greatest kick in NFL history, IMHO.
Honorable mention: The blocked field goal and the run back for the TD against the Steelers, with the lateral.

Two other favorite moments:
McGinest yelling "cancel those reservations" to the Steeler fans.
Bruschi saying, "What are they going to do now, change the rules so we can't play in the snow?"

Last edited:

Bruschi saying, "What are they going to do now, change the rules so we can't play in the snow?"

Well, they kinda did. I think the Super Bowl (and yes, I know he's not talking about the Super Bowl) should rotate through every NFL city. Every 32 years it cycles back around to your city.

Troy Brown strip .

Rodney Harrison big hit to Marvin Harrison that appears in some fox promos . ( That game cause the pass interference -gay WR law )

Well, they kinda did. I think the Super Bowl (and yes, I know he's not talking about the Super Bowl) should rotate through every NFL city. Every 32 years it cycles back around to your city.

The Giants and Jests are lobbying hard to have an SB in their new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back