PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your favorite lifetime Patriots player (retired/out of league)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offense - Steve Grogan

Defense- Tedy Bruschi

Honoarble mention- Drew Bledsoe

Fav player of all time- Tom Brady

Troy Brown is my favorite athlete of all time.

Troy Brown. Pat's best all-around football player EVAH.

The strip after int in AFC Div game

brown-mccree.jpg

Me
10 characters

shockingly shameless...

Drew Bledsoe, i was 11 years old when the pats Drafted him he's the reason i am a pats fan today

Last time I checked,Drew Bledsoe was a QB for the Cowboys and Bills

Read the title....:rolleyes:

O: Troy

D: Bruschi

Troy Brown.

I remember the game against Miami in Miami in 2003 that went to OT. I don't remember much of OT, but I remember how it ended.

Brady to Brown. 82 yards. Amazing.

Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy Brown Troy Brown, Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy Brown. Troy F'n Brown! :)

Last edited:
Offense: Troy Brown
Defense: Troy Brown
Special Teams: Troy Brown

Honorable mention: Tom Brady, Andre Tippett, John Hannah, Eugene Chung

Offense: Troy Brown
Defense: Troy Brown
Special Teams: Troy Brown

Honorable mention: Tom Brady, Andre Tippett, John Hannah, Eugene Chung

Brady retired? Who knew?

I was on the Troy Brown bandwagon early on and have to agree with the consensus.

Grogan caught my eye back in the day, loved the way he played the game.

Tedy! He encompasses everything that the Pats were about during the Dynasty era. He was a guy who was too small and two slow who came in and overachieved while putting the team and winning over his overall personal glory.

I'll go with the somewhat obscure DB Fred Marion. Always liked him for some reason.

I was just a kid, but I have vague memories of him being a big, smart, hard-hitting SOB who was part enforcer, part team leader on defense. (Like Rodney in some ways).

Vague memory of 1985 playoff game against the Raiders (I believe) where the Pats beat them on their home field and the stunned crowd went nuts after the game, some of them storming the field. Some fans plus some Raider players started surrounding the owner (Kiam?) who was on the field celebrating Jerry Jones style. They all backed off when Marion came over and made his presence felt.

Last edited:
I'll go with the somewhat obscure DB Fred Marion. Always liked him for some reason.

I was just a kid, but I have vague memories of him being a big, smart, hard-hitting SOB who was part enforcer, part team leader on defense. (Like Rodney in some ways).

Vague memory of 1985 playoff game against the Raiders (I believe) where the Pats beat them on their home field and the stunned crowd went nuts after the game, some of them storming the field. Some fans plus some Raider players started surrounding the owner (Kiam?) who was on the field celebrating Jerry Jones style. They all backed off when Marion came over and made his presence felt.
I'm going to assume you are referring to when Matt Millen sucker punched Patrick Sullivan after Sullivan had been heckling Howie Long for much of that game.

millen1211-thumb-500x336.jpg

Earlier in the week Long, who is originally from Charlestown and later moved to Milford, had made some remarks about Boston natives supporting the other area pro teams but not the Patriots. Sullivan, who always watched the game from the field rather than from up above, gave Long more and more crap as the game went on. After the game was over Long came over and pulled back his arm as if he was going to punch Sullivan, just to make him flinch. Millen, apparently unaware of Long's intentions, thought a real fight was about to erupt and walloped Sullivan.

There were reports that Sullivan was inebriated, but that's somewhat irrelevant. The funny thing is that Millen was excoriated nationwide in all but one place: the New England area, because the people here couldn't stand Billy Sullivan's son.

If anybody's interested you can read a little more on the incident here Matt Millen Punch | Recalling the Punch : Matt Millen Doesn't Look Back in Anger - Los Angeles Times and here's another article on Fred Marion: Marion was prepared to tackle life after football - The Boston Globe. That game was the one that led to the "Squish the Fish" game in which the Patriots finally beat the Dolphins in Miami in the AFCCG, preventing Shula and Marino from returning to the Super Bowl - and the Pats, rather than Dolphins became the sacrificial lamb for the juggernaut that was the '85 Chicago Bears in the SB.

40-Pic-FredMarion.jpg

042-FredMarion.jpg

Last edited:
If I had to just pick one, it would be Steve Grogan...

But, if we're talking rankings of retired/out of the league guys, then...

Offense:

Steve Grogan
Troy Brown
Stanley Morgan
Corey Dillon/Antowan Smith
Ben Coates

Defense:

Tedy Bruschi
Steve Nelson
Rodney Harrison
Ty Law
Andre Tippett

Last edited:
LIFETIME Patriots players
Corey Dillon? Antowain Smith? Rodney Harrison? Ty Law??? WTF?
Homey don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey