Welcome to PatsFans.com

Your favorite Corey Dillon Memory

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NoCal Patriot, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoCal Patriot

NoCal Patriot Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There were certainly many of them so this seems to be a good day for such a thread.I know which one I'll pick.The year is 2004 and the opponent is The Baltimore Ravens at Foxboro on a miserable rainy Sunday night.The play occurred on The Goal Line as Corey Dillon bulls His way into the endzone and in the process pancakes Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis for a game sealing Touchdown.The Final Score was
    Patriots 24 Ravens 3 .Just another step on the march to Our third World Championship.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Dillon's first big run as a Pat, 9/9/04, 2nd quarter:

1-10-NE25(7:51) C.Dillon right guard to IND 37 for 38 yards (D.Strickland, N.Harper).

Either that or the run in the 2004/5 Divisional Playoffs against the Colts that should have been a touchdown:

[​IMG]

3. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +92 / 4 / -0

No brainer for me, I'm pretty sure it was the Steelers AFCCG, he scored a TD and launched the ball up against the base of the seats. I was just thinking "man this guy is so bad a**."

4. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

my favorite moment was from 2004 in the record breaking victory against the Dolphins (home game)

3-2-MIA40 (10:37) C.Dillon left end to MIA 4 for 36 yards (S.Madison, M.Greenwood).

It was a big third down run that brought the Pats to the 4 yard line. What was particularly memorable about the play however was that Dillon was the one who was laying the blow to the defender at the end of the run.

5. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

if there were any Bengals fans on the board I'm sure their favorite C.Dillon moment would be his record breaking rushing performance against hte Broncos

6. ironwasp

ironwasp Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

For me it was the divisional game against the Colts in 2004. It was a really tight game in the second quarter with both Ds on top on our offence struggling to find much momentum.

We were 3-0 up at the time and Corey rumbled one for 42 yards into the Colts red zone. He just looked like a train when he got into the clear on those types of runs and there's something beautiful (as well as terrifying) about a big man rumbling on like that.

We had to settle for a FG from that drive, (having had to settle on one in the previous drive when a false start from Matt Light had a Corey TD called back) but after that run everything got a little easier.

A bit later in the game there were two classic clock killin' Corey Dillon drives of 8 and 7 minutes resulting in 10 more points in which Dillon (and Faulk) ran all over the Colts. Fracking brilliant.

7. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That was mine also (I think I'm thinking of the same run). A Dolphins defender confronted him at about the 15 yard line and Dillon used like an upward forearm shiver to stiff the guy. I think, no, I know I yelled at the TV that's what it's all about, or something. I tried to find it on YouTube, haven't yet.

8. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +238 / 46 / -22

No Jersey Selected

That one is my favorite, because it shows Dillon at his best: charging straight ahead, staying on his feet (in the snow), head up, looking for Plan B, and using his explosiveness to run both wide and downfield. One of the all-time best postseason runs.

9. homerpatsfan

homerpatsfan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

when BB gave him the gameball before he went to his first playoff game. his reaction was priceless. he became a true patriot.:)

10. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I remember the crowd chanting "Corey! Corey! Corey!" - such a big moment for him. It's easy to forget that when he joined the team he was put under a lot of scrutiny.

11. JDSal45

JDSal45 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think mine was the 2004 playoff game vs. the Colts. Long run late in the game to the 1 pretty much ended any hopes of a comeback. I think Brady ended up sneaking it in, but it was a great run and broke the Colts back.

J D Sal

12. belichickaholic

belichickaholic On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last 6 minutes of the AFCCG against Pitt, they couldn't stop us from running out the clock. Thanks Corey!!!

13. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Clock killin the Colts in the 2nd half in the '04 playoffs.

14. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I remeber that play that was one of the most physical runs Ive ever seen as he absolutely beasted the phins at the end of the run. I also believe he hurt himself a little on the play but it didnt slow him down anyway.

15. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

In my opinion Corey never stepped out on this play and it should have been a TD but the ref ruled him out at the 2. One of my first Tivo moments as I rewound and looked several times and thought the refs screwed him there

16. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that and his run when he chucked the ball off the stands after he scored, loved that one. Man, imagine if we had the '04 Dillon in the second half of the Colts game this year :(

17. TomBradyWoot

TomBradyWoot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Colts divisional playoff game does stick out. Anyone remember the move he put on a Rams player back in 04. It was like at the 5 yard line and he basically made the guy fall.

18. jman924

jman924 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"3rd and 8. Go with the run...and Dillon-DILLON BREAKS FREE!!! BASHER HAS AN ANGEL ON HIM BUT DILLON DIVES FOR THE PYLON!!!"

19. pheenix11

pheenix11 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

**** I miss the guy already.

20. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just hearing:

"...the Patriots have acquired Corey Dillion..."

Except for Barry Sanders, I think Corey Dillon is/was the best running back of all the recent generation of running backs. Anybody who paid proper attention to his days in Cinci would be hard pressed to disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.