PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your favorite Belichick-isms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imaginary decapitation scenario "is that (player X's) head on the ground?"...I'm not a doctor...

“Whatever’s on the injury report, that’s what it is,” Belichick said with a smile, per Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald. “Does that help?”

So then the question became why Vollmer re-entered last week’s game against the Jets, after that apparent “head” injury.

“All the medical decisions are made by medical people,” Belichick said. “The doctors don’t call plays, and I don’t do surgeries. . . . They don’t substitute players and call plays. I don’t get involved in surgeries. That’s a little deal we have.”

Belichick won't say whether Vollmer has a concussion | ProFootballTalk

On Tom Brady's finger injury: "It's not life threatening."

Well you know, anytime you have a great, when there's a coach at the podium that's, well, as talented as Bill, you try to be ready for anything. Bill's a special talent and coaching and speaking at a very high level. You go out there and you prepare your questions, you try to prepare for him, try to come to the presser prepared, and at the presser it can be a whole different game. And you hope you can adjust. We asked Bill some tough questions today, they just weren't tough enough, and we fell a little short. We did some good things out there and we did some, some things I'd love to have back. We just, there were more of those kind you want back today. That's not taking anything away from Bill. He's, you all know, he's a great interview and a great coach, and our hats are off to him. We have another interview to get ready for next week, and that's where our focus is right now.

Well you know, anytime you have a great, when there's a coach at the podium that's, well, as talented as Bill, you try to be ready for anything. Bill's a special talent and coaching and speaking at a very high level. You go out there and you prepare your questions, you try to prepare for him, try to come to the presser prepared, and at the presser it can be a whole different game. And you hope you can adjust. We asked Bill some tough questions today, they just weren't tough enough, and we fell a little short. We did some good things out there and we did some, some things I'd love to have back. We just, there were more of those kind you want back today. That's not taking anything away from Bill. He's, you all know, he's a great interview and a great coach, and our hats are off to him. We have another interview to get ready for next week, and that's where our focus is right now.

LMAO awesome

<<<<<<<-----------------

I think it's obvious what my favorite is

Bellissimo

"Fellas, I am sick of this ****, okay? Everytime we run a play on the goaline, it's a mental error and it's a walk-in touchdown, just like it was in the game against Detroit. Every god damn play in practice, and last week in the pre-season game. I can't stand much more of this. It's a joke. It's a joke. We can snap the ball and hand it off and on any play and they're walking right in, that's what it looks like down there."

"Sixty minutes, you understand me? Sixty minutes."

"Do your job, just do your job."

"Look, I can't put you in the game if you don't know consistently what to do. Alright. I just can't do it."

To Maroney: "...Don't out-dumb yourself now."

To AD: "Call it AD. Call somethin else. Somethin else. Somethin else. Run it."

To Kaczur: "You hear that Nick, for the 863rd time. Set for the ******* TE." "Don't get into a quickness game with him, 'cause you're not very quick."

After Spygate: "Are there any questions about the Chargers? Do you wanna talk about the football game?"

After the Carolina DB's called out Moss: "Whether they're these two guys from Carolina after they've lost another game, I guess they don't think that way, but they haven't won a lot of games now."

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners."

"We just did what we felt was in the best interest of the team."

"In a game of no defense, we played less."

When asked about Brady's contract: "Well every player on the field is under contract. There's a lot players on the field that are in the last year of their contract, there's a lot of players in the league that are in the last year of their contract. That's not an unprecedented situation."

About Bess: "Look we've gotta get up on these receivers. We gotta get up on Bess, okay? He's getting too many 5 yard, 7 yard completions. We don't wanna be off on him. Let's get up there and get his ass, okay, when he's outside."

"You don't have to worry about that. I won't be Twittering. MyFace, YourBook, any of that stuff. That's not my thing."

"We're in tomorrow fellas. Last week was your week off. We're in tomorrow."

"Everything's still the same: good disguise, good jams, good tackling. Make him throw those checkdowns."

"Look we got a long way to go, we didn't win anything tonight."

"Last night we were 14-2. This morning we're 0-0."

IMO..the funniest thing he said was when he was asked after Brady hurt his finger...."Its not life threating" hahahah

Theoritical on trading Moss: "Well you know... like the song goes, you have to know when to hold em and know when to fold em. I just thought it was the best for the team to fold on Randy."

Real: in my sig

"Fellas, I am sick of this ****, okay? Everytime we run a play on the goaline, it's a mental error and it's a walk-in touchdown, just like it was in the game against Detroit. Every god damn play in practice, and last week in the pre-season game. I can't stand much more of this. It's a joke. It's a joke. We can snap the ball and hand it off and on any play and they're walking right in, that's what it looks like down there."

I don't remember this, where's that quote from?

How about when Santonio Holmes said the Pats shouldn't put a rookie (McCourty) on him during their game in December:

BB when asked about it: "We’ll do what we think is best, like we always do. I’m sure [Holmes will] be a great coach someday.”"

Way too funny! You nailed him. :rocker:

"Our offense is always trying to score points."

How about when Santonio Holmes said the Pats shouldn't put a rookie (McCourty) on him during their game in December:

BB when asked about it: "We’ll do what we think is best, like we always do. I’m sure [Holmes will] be a great coach someday.”"

+1 that is hilarious

"Theres no "I" in team but there is an "I" in Win"

“These players, a lot of other people didn't believe in them, but they believe in themselves. And that is all that matters.”

"So...y'know..."

Ever count how many times he says "so...y'know..." when replying to something? Or sometimes it's just plain "y'know..." with the same unsmiling monotone demeanor. :D

I can do a pretty good BB imitation if I do say so myself. :D

I never actually heard the replay of it, but on someone's sig is the sarcastic deadpan rejoinder about Brady's finger injury, "It's not life threatening." Hilarious! :rofl:

that would be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back