Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Today's issues regarding the cameraman scandal

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Other dark day (explain)

Votes: 22 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the accusations are correct, then this will definitely rank #1. I can take a bad loss anyday compared to this. I'd rather the Pats have a ton of losing seasons compared to this. I've put a lot of time, energy and $$$ into watching the Pats over the years, and the last 6 seasons have given me some great memories. This could be an isolated incident, or something that has happened for a year or 2, but still a lot of things could be tainted.

I thought Vinitraitor joining the Colts or Rodney's HGH suspension sort of "tainted" our success. Man was I naive.

Last edited:
Losing to the colts last year :X

I remember being really depressed the day that Milloy was cut and during the subsequent Buffalo beat-down. I was excited for a return to superbowl form, and felt that that move took all the air out of the team. Of course, I was a bit premature in my dissappointment...

For me too. I was 15 and used to live and die by the Patriots back then. I still do, it's just I'm older now and can take a more practical approach to losses now. Even though I still dislike them very much.

What he said. Especially when that game was the last chance for many of the franchise's greatest players.

Lisa Olson doesn't even rate .... as by your screenname I'm sure you agree.

R

Marquise Hill's sudden death
Stingley's injury
Tedy's stroke

I've been a Patriots fan for a long time, but this doesn't come anywhere near Fairbanks leaving, the cocaine scandal, or frankly, as much as I hate to say it, last year's lost to the Colts.

That time I spilled my Guinness on the ground. It doesn't get any worse than that.;)

Tatum's hit on Stingley. Nothing else compares, and this so called issue that people are posting about is nonsense in comparison. Get your priorities straight. All the rest is entertainment.

that is mine as well

distant second: watching remington television ads and knowing that this buffoon owned the Patriots...

This BS certainly isnt the worst I've had,annoying,yes,but not more than that.

distant second: watching remington television ads and knowing that this buffoon owned the Patriots...
LMFAO, ah yes, I remember those halcyon days when men were men and women were groped. But hey, they were clean shaven!!!

Losing a playoff game is much worse than this stupid "scandel" The Patriots broke the rules got caught and will now pay the fine, whatever that may be.

However, I am much more interested in Sunday nights game against the Chargers than this nonsensical soap oprah going on right now.

Its FOOTBALL seaso and we have to listen and read this crap?

Give me a break.

1) Tatum hit on Stingley, off the field

2) bogus roughing the passer penalty in Sugar Bear agains the Raider.

As far as what affected me more at the time. I would rate the day i found out Curtis Martin was going to become a Jet. It killed me. I soon came to understand it was better to spread the wealth than burn all that salary on one guy but it killed me since we just went to the superbowl. There were other heart breaks but that one seemed to have lasted for awhile.

This stupid video tape scandal will go away. It taints nothing. I'm sure somewhere it gained an advantage at one point or another but this whole story has taken way too much of a life of it's own. I have a digital camera that has a 7x zoom and I can get Magini's face clear as day if I sat in the tenth row on the opposite side of the field.

People need to take a deep breath and let this play out. The patriots out matched the jets in week 1 regardless of the calls. This whole story distracts us from what could be the greatest game of the regular season. (Meaning the week 2 game against the Chargers)

Last edited:
Get real! As many have said, none of those are close. Of course, the individual injuries and tragedies are at the top, but I don't think you meant to include those.

A SB loss against the best team in NFL history is not a catastrophe to me. To be IN the SB was the culmination of a great, great season!

1) The announcement of the move to St Louis
2) The penalty against Sugar Bear that could not be erased until a tuck rule violation 25 years later
3) The firing of Milloy (the word "team" has never had the same meaning to me)
4-18) The 15 consecutive losses to Miami in the Orange Bowl (broken by the 1985 SB team),

I voted for the Olson incident, but it really was the entire circumstances:

1. The incident itself
2. Kiam's "classic *****" line
3. The 1-15 team

Being a fan of a franchise that had rotted from top (Kiam) to bottom (crappy team on the field, perverted bozos in the locker room) was a tough pill to swallow. It's as if the entire franchise stopped giving a crap so I wondered if I should, too.

SB20 was a downer and the events around it (Eason's flu, cocaine usage) sucked royally, but the 3 playoff wins on the road was one of the funnest rides the team has ever given me, especially the first win in Miami in 18 tries. We've been spoiled with recent success, but back then that playoff run was unheard of and despite the sour ending, will always bring back some fond memories.

Bruschi's stroke and Hill's death stung, but in a "poop happens" kind of way. Their stories were more of a reminder of our mortality.

I never once took the possible move to Hartford seriously. I always suspected it was a bargaining chip.

I am too young to remember the Stingley incident.

Regards,
Chris

This story is a complete joke to me. If you've ever been on an NFL sideline, you would know how ridiculous the thought of being able to use the signals in that same game would be. First, teams are only able to review the Photofax pics briefly after each series. In order to utilize video, you would have to have time to tape the signals, splice it in with the wide angle of the play so you know the alignment and assignments, INTERPRET the signals (understand what parts are broken into what assignments), and then be able to recognize them when they are called, call a play to exploit their defense, relay it to the QB, and make sure he understands. All while the play clock ticks down. This was of absolutely NO help to us at all Sunday. Would it benefit in a future game? Possibly. But it's hit and miss. Hell, I've stood on Pittsburgh's sideline and stared at Detroit's calls, and had no clue. This after actually charting plays in the QB role in college.

So, to answer the question, is this an embarrassment? Nope. I think it's a lot of people caught up in "football espionage" and trying to create a big deal out of something minor.

So, to answer the question, is this an embarrassment? Nope. I think it's a lot of people caught up in "football espionage" and trying to create a big deal out of something minor.

It's embarrassing b/c people will point back to the SB years and taint those titles. They'll taint all of our recent success. If this was Cincinnati then it wouldn't be much of a deal, they haven't won anything. We're talking a HOF coach with a HOF QB here.

It's embarrassing b/c people will point back to the SB years and taint those titles. They'll taint all of our recent success. If this was Cincinnati then it wouldn't be much of a deal, they haven't won anything. We're talking a HOF coach with a HOF QB here.

I doubt this taints anything. When it cools off it will really be a whole lot of nothing. People just don't realize what they are talking about, and think that the NFL is like Tecmo Bowl, where if you guessed the opponent's play you blew their world up.

"Darkest Day?". I was probably at my most depressed at the end of the Green Bay Superbowl. I thought that it was the closest I would ever get to a Pats' win in the big one. The recent Indy loss was really, really depressing as well.

This one ain't even close. I don't give a flying f*** about it, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes