PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your 2010 Patriots Unsung Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsrock

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Alge Crumpler- The guy is just a professional and I think helped the 2 young TE's more than can be said.

On the defense- I think James Sanders and Ninkovich have been guys doing their jobs.

On ST- Tracy White and Sammy Morris seem to always be in on the tackles

Last edited:
BJGE, it's so nice to have a RB that runs straight ahead and gets positive yardage on every play, as opposed to a dancing fool.

alge crumpler as well for me. A great run blocker and part of the reason our offense has come to be so balanced. i was happy for him when he got that touchdown this week.

also, arrington. i hate to watch him get bashed on these boards, he's really stepped in for our rapid improving defense, and watching a patriot cornerback not named mccourty make a tackle brings joy to my heart after years of watching hobbs and gay make half ***ed arm tackles.

Last edited:
alge crumpler as well for me. A great run blocker and part of the reason our offense has come to be so balanced. i was happy for him when he got that touchdown this week.

also, arrington. i hate to watch him get bashed on these boards, he's really stepped in for our rapid improving defense, and watching a patriot cornerback not named mccourty make a tackle brings joy to my heart after years of watching hobbs and gay make half ***ed arm tackles.

Agreed. It's nice to see Alge get a TD after all the leadership he has provided to these young TE's. He's very much a team player and someone who knows how to utilize his mental as well as physical skills by passing his experiences and lessons learned along to the pups.

It's not just unsung heros, it's the incredible number of different guys that come up with big plays week to week. Kyle Love, Eric Moore, Tracy White; the list is almost endless. Plus a lot of the players that we're starting to take for granted were either virtual unknowns or questionable to even be on the roster back in training camp: Arrington, BJGE, Morris, Ninkovich, G Warren, Page, etc. And when someone goes out the backup is almost always at bare minimum adequate - and usually exceeds reasonable expectations.

Crumpler not only taught them how to play the game, but taught them how to be professionals in the NFL..

BJGE also, minimal negative carries, no fumbles and consistent, consistent, consistent..

I think Matt Light deserves a call out for his play this season. I don't find myself worrying about who is coming off the edge like I have in past seasons. Crumpler has been an excellent addition, especially in his blocking. But it seems like he's been moved all around, in motion, in the backfield, etc...Not like he's been Light's big brother. Light's quietly had a very solid season at LT.

BJGE unsung? Hardly. He's talked about all the time.

Koppen and Light must be doing something right this year, and whatever it is isn't talked about much. All of the outside linebackers.

Crumpler not only taught them how to play the game, but taught them how to be professionals in the NFL..

BB knew he had to draft some young TEs, so, even before drafting them, he signed the best possible mentor for them. Net result: arguably the worst TE unit in the NFL in 2009, arguably the BEST TE unit in the league in 2010.

Last edited:
Mine are Crump, Love, Warren, Ninko, Fletcher, Page.

Not really hyped players but have done very well in their duties.

Peter King thinks that Ninkovich could be a big threat coming off the edge in this weeks MMQB

Can I go with Coaching staff?

I'll give some Kudos to Seabass. We don't hear his name mentioned as often as we should.

Seems as though BB went on a mission this year to change the personality of the team not only to those who would take instruction and buy into what he's selling, but who really, really drank the Koolaid, and liked doing it. Bringing back the Twig was a masterstroke. Every time he talks, he sounds as if he's been saved. Crumpler sounds and acts like the responsible adult and his charges are not letting him down. And whoever let Butler out of detention certainly knew what they were doing. He looks like a whole other player.

Volmer - The guy is incredible and rarely get his due. The number he did on
that nutcase on GB was a thing of beauty.

Crumpler definitely. Light has been solid although he gets dissed all the time on this board. Chung doesn't get the recognition he deserves at times. Sanders has been solid in several games without much fanfare.

Really hard not to go with Crumpler here. Also, Graham's been pretty good so far.

I don't think Sanders gets as much credit as he deserves. He is a very solid player for us.

Is Crumpler really unsung?

We Pats fans certainly all sing his praises, and I think at this point, any serious NFL fan knows that Crumpler is a huge part of the reason they know the names of the Patriots' two undrafted running backs. He deserves to be sung, so if he's not, he's under-sung, but I'm just under the impression that he's pretty well sung.

Now, as for Nincovich, I'm not sure what other people are seeing in him. He seems like too much of a 50/50 guy -- either he makes a great play, or a terrible one. He's made some big plays, but also, too many times he's the guy sliding harmlessly off a ballcarrier without even slowing him down, sealed in on an outside running play, or totally lost on a screen.

The guy that seems the most unsung to me is Gerard Warren. He's started every game for us, and has been so solid doing the d-line dirty-work BB asks from his DE/DTs that it's like we've forgotten just how much of a fall-off it should have been from '09's T.Warren-Wilfork-Wright/Pryor/Etc. to '10's G.Warren-Wilfork-Brace/Wright/Pryor/etc.

As i said before, Gerard Warren. Great contributions from unknowns, but our defense lives or dies with the line and Warren played end and nose, allowing Vince to become "The Incredible Fork®"

All Hail the Mighty Katula! Brought in off the street and nary an errant snap despite multiple bad weather games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes