PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your 2010 Binkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

juxtapoz15

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There was a thread started by DW Toys on "how did your 2009 binkies do this year?" So I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to start naming their binkies for 2010, so in 2011 we can come back and see how everyone's picks did.

I would be OK with people editing or adding another post if they change their picks up until the day of the draft since we still have the combine and various other rookie activities still left to go.

Mine are:

Brandon Graham - I would really like BB to take a chance on him even if he doesn't have the size BB looks for in a OLB to set the edge.

Jared Odrick - Loved watching him play at PSU, was a great leader and student of the game. He was always telling other players where they should be on assignments. Has a non stop motor. Should be a 3 down 3-4 DE.

Arrelious Benn - From reading a draft profile he sounds exactly like what we would need at #3 WR (Prototype size, plays angry and aggressive, strong hands, talented route runner who can make quick cuts, fantastic YAC ability, can run the end-around, can catch balls over the middle.)

Golden Tate - We need another playmaker on offense as Faulk is not getting any younger.

I like your list, not bad. I am not sure what Golden Tate has to do with Kevin Faulk though?

Similar to OPs

Greg Hardy
Brandon Graham
Jared Odrick

On offense it is Dezmon Briscoe. A big receiver at 6 ft 3 in and 200 lb who can beat press coverage, knows how to seperate by setting up defenders and is able to create after the catch. Briscoe was very productive in college and is the current all-time leading receiver in Kansas history at 3,240 yards and 31 touchdowns. He lacks ideal straight line speed (4.54 seems to be his best mark in the 40-yard dash) and he had some academic troubles in college.

On defense it is Jared Odrick. He looks like a quality 3-4 end in the making.

It seems like cheating to list three, but that's where I am right now:

AJ Edds
Alex Carrington
Arthur Jones

Heck, I'll add Aaron Hernandez and we'll call them the Four Aces.

Last edited:
I tend to think of guys who aren't necessarily top prospects and I skipped many of the obvious ones for this list. These aren't necessarily "sleepers" either, just guys who I think may give better value than where they seem likely to be taken in the draft (at this point, pre-Combine). These are guys who should be at least solid contributors for a few years and who might even become starters. The list seem exceptionally long this year (and is not in any kind of ranked order).

WR - Jordan Shipley, Blair White, Mardy Gilyard, Shay Hodge, Jeremy Williams, Andre Roberts, Marcus Easley, Seyi Ajirotutu, Kerry Meier, Freddie Barnes

TE - Andrew Quarless, Riar Geer, Ed ****son, Dennis Pitta, Colin Peek, Jason Harmon (as FB)

RB - Ben Tate, Dominique Lindsay, Toby Gerhart, Dexter McCluster, Andre Dixon, Dimitri Nance, Pat Paschall

QB - Jonathan Crompton, Ryan Perrilloux, Rusty Smith, Mike Kafka

O-line - Matt Tennant, Ed Wang, Derek Hardman, Tyler Eastman, John Estes, Brandon Carter, Kyle calloway, Mike Tepper, Rodger Saffold

DE-34 (Jarvis Green type) - Jared Odrick, Doug Worthington

DE/OLB Hybrid (TBC type) - Alex Carrington, EJ Wilson, Brandon Graham, Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Jason Worilds

DT (not 3-4 NT) - Tyson Alualu, Jeff Owens, Torrell Troup, Nate Collins

OLB-34 - Koa Misi, Cam Sheffield

ILB - Jamar Chaney, Josh Hull

CB - Devin McCourty, Kyle Wilson, Stephan Virgil, Devin Ross

FS - Chris Cook, Patrick Stoudamire

SS - Myron Rolle, Aaron Webster, Quentin Scott, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor

I'll take Golden Tate and Brandon Graham with a J. Dwyer chaser!!!!

I tend not to do the bulk of my research until after the combine/FA, but here are some intriguing picks for me:

Rolando McClain
C.J. Spiller
Mike Iupati
Sergio Kindle

2nd rounders:
Vladimir Ducasse
Brandon Spikes
Eric Norwood
Aaron Hernandez

Dexter McCluster
Trindon Holiday
Brandon Sharpe
Brandon Carter
Dakoda whatever from Florida State

Chad Jones
Mccluster
Hernandez
Angerer

Antonio Brown, Central Michigan. WR/KR - Percy Harvin type player. Absolute bullet.

Tim Hiller, Western Michigan. QB - don't normally pick QB's, but I really like this kid. has everything the Pats desire in QB's.

Austen Lane, Murray State. DE/OLB - draft him.

Riley Cooper, Florida. WR - big, fast, gets open, very good hands.

Seyi Ajirotutu, Fresno State. WR - as above.

Bryan Anderson, Central Michigan. WR - as above but without the speed. Taller though and a big redzone threat.

Spiller & Gilyard.

I basically lump all the OLBs together - they all seem high risk/high reward guys, though I can't say I've seen too much of some of them. From the Senior Bowl, I liked Odrick and Carrigton for the D-line.

Last edited:
Forgot one!

Joique Bell, Wayne State. RB - one of the most productive College backs of all time. Decent speed, can catch out of the backfield, good size, tough.

4 players regardless of draft position I would choose
Spiller, Dez Bryant, Rolando McClain, Russell Okung

4 players the Pats actually have a shot at drafting I choose
JPP, Mardy Gilyard, Jared Odrick, Maurkice Pouncey

Last edited:
Rolando McClain (I'd love to trade up for him!)
Ricky Sapp
Geno Atkins (I don't see the Pats going for him unless we go more 4-3)
Micah Johnson (I'd love to get him in the 4th round)
Mt. Cody (if they trade Big Vince)
Joique Bell (I think he'd be a good fit here but He's someone I want to keep an eye on)

Then again I had high hopes for Aaron Maybin last year! lol

Tim Hiller, Western Michigan. QB - don't normally pick QB's, but I really like this kid. has everything the Pats desire in QB's.

Seyi Ajirotutu, Fresno State. WR - as above.

I second these.

Everyone is evaluating Hiller by his senior year (young team because of graduation) and his post-season (TvN practices and 4 passes in the game), but completely ignoring his first 3 years. He has an outstanding skill set and solid intangibles (as opposed to how O'Connell turned out). He is currently dropping like a rock so he should be available late with all those comp picks.

Ajirotutu might be going in the opposite direction. It didn't help that Marty Schottenheimer couldn't stop slobbering compliments all over him during Shrine Game week. Probably won't have great numbers at the combine so I'm hoping he will still be around in the 6th round. He seems to get separation easily and has solid hands, so he would make a nice red zone target.

I would add in Koa Misi as well. The measurables project him as an ILB for the Pats but his quickness and pass rush moves would allow him to play at any of the LB spots. If the Pats want to improve their ability to pressure the passer by using disguise (think of the roaming LB formation on passing downs), he would be a great fit.

NT Mt. Cody - won a national championship playing in OUR DEFENSE!!!!!!!
ILB McClain - won a national championship playing in OUR DEFENSE!!!!!!!
OG Mike Johnson - versatile, experienced and excelled in a zone blocking scheme.
P Zoltan - love the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye