PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Young players on IR???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Besides the NFLE 3...(Charles and ZSmith not even having numbers..) who might be IRed this year?? I still think the missing Bubba MAY have a shot at PUP, but that depends..if not I am sure they will be on some NFLE Reserve/Injured list. As far as IR goes, there are a few candsistaes... Freddie Roach has been out 2 weeks and certainly if they think he mighht be a player, he could be IRed. Same with LeKevin Smith who has only played some, if even that. The same may be said for 3rd year Marquise Hill. He's had an ankle injury since the first few days of camp. Would the team save a roster spot for him on his return?? I doubt that; more likely IR for him as well.
Whither David Thomas...anything serious???

Last edited:
Hill is the only young player I would put IR. Remember, if they go on IR they can't practice with the team. Guss Scott and Tebucky Jones are candidates for IR.

I want youngsters on the team practicing; the Practice Squad makes sense for these players. If we really think they are a player, simply pay them more as a Practice Squad player. No one is picking any of these for their immediate roster.

Pats726 said:
Besides the NFLE 3...(Charles and ZSmith not even having numbers..) who might be IRed this year?? I still think the missing Bubba MAY have a shot at PUP, but that depends..if not I am sure they will be on some NFLE Reserve/Injured list. As far as IR goes, there are a few candsistaes... Freddie Roach has been out 2 weeks and certainly if they think he mighht be a player, he could be IRed. Same with LeKevin Smith who has only played some, if even that. The same may be said for 3rd year Marquise Hill. He's had an ankle injury since the first few days of camp. Would the team save a roster spot for him on his return?? I doubt that; more likely IR for him as well.
Whither David Thomas...anything serious???

Last edited:
Ventrone isn't eligible for the PUP. He was never placed on the active/PUP list at the start of camp, despite missing all of it.

I suspect him, along with Z. Smith and Charles, will be placed on the NFL Europe/Injured list, knocking them out for the season.

Cedric James spent the better part of 2 years on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes