PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Youk close to signing a 4 year deal

awesome!!!

Great having him and Dustin locked up for a few years at what looks like under market salaries.

If the reported numbers are right, I say Youk left way too much money on the table.

great deal for youk. why take a chance on injury or declining performance .

Last edited:
Great news ... Pedroia, Youk ... now if only we could find a way to get Hanley ... :D:D:D

Yet another complete bargain the Sox just negotiated. Pedroia's best 6 years for only 40M? Ortiz is making half what JD Drew is making.

It is just messed up that JD Drew makes more than twice what our best stars are making (Ortiz, Matsuzaka, Pedroia, etc).

Yet another complete bargain the Sox just negotiated. Pedroia's best 6 years for only 40M? Ortiz is making half what JD Drew is making.

It is just messed up that JD Drew makes more than twice what our best stars are making (Ortiz, Matsuzaka, Pedroia, etc).

That isn't true. Drew avg. 14/yr while Ortiz gets 12.5/yr and Dice K gets almost 9.

Great having him and Dustin locked up for a few years at what looks like under market salaries.

They're not really undermarket. Well, they are, but not by much. Youk still had 2 years of Arb left. They're essentially paying him about 14M a year for his FA years, which seems about right.

Pedroia had MUCH more time where the Red Sox controlled him. 4 years.

At this point, he was looking at making 400K next year, 700K or so the year after, and then 2 years of ARB. They're getting a huge discount for the 2 FA years (if he continues to hit 320 and play gold glove defense), but they're paying quite a bit for years that would have been really cheap.

If they don't sign Pedroia, his next 4 years he would have probably been paid 10M total.

Its a good deal all around, the Sox pay a little more than they have to while they have Pedroia under control, in exchange for locking up FA years on the cheap. Pedroia gets "set for life" status right now, and doesn't have to worry about getting hurt/declining and never getting that first payday.

Last edited:
I know it's blasphemy to criticize "YOUK!" or anything "Sawx" related around here, but Youk is like a not as good Peyton or Eli...one of those players you love to hate because they're annoying looking and behaving. His batting stance looks like if Julio Franco was trying to hold in a number 2, and I don't know what's more repulsive, his melon of a head, his flabby hairy shoulders or his pot belly.

I know it's blasphemy to criticize "YOUK!" or anything "Sawx" related around here, but Youk is like a not as good Peyton or Eli...one of those players you love to hate because they're annoying looking and behaving. His batting stance looks like if Julio Franco was trying to hold in a number 2, and I don't know what's more repulsive, his melon of a head, his flabby hairy shoulders or his pot belly.
who cares what he looks like:rolleyes: hes a excellent player. i guess thats all you can come up with. what did he turn you down for a date or something?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back