PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You will not believe this crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got about 4 posts in to where you started the attitude.

congratulations. you went to another team's board to be a jerk. want a cookie?

what's really sad is that you posted it here to show off.

Last edited:

Wrong I was posting there to have a legit discussion on what the pats would have to do to win. My thread started very polite and respectful..I refused to take any crap even some of their own fans..

I got a cookie for ya.

Wrong I was posting there to have a legit discussion on what the pats would have to do to win. My thread started very polite and respectful..I refused to take any crap even some of their own fans..

I got a cookie for ya.

Yeah righ, the Pats have the best front 7....:rolleyes:

Wow, after suffering at various times with Raiders, Jets, Steelers, Colts, etc etc trolls, I find that we do the same thing! To paraphrase Pogo, "I have met the troll, and he is us."

The embarrassing thing is that the San Diego posters treated the Patriots troll with more respect than I ever gave their trolls here. Kudos to the Bolts fans.

I'm not really seeing anyone there out of their minds...Your team had earned it's due respect but why would you expect them to lay down and let you get all geeked up?
THE GAME COMES DOWN TO ONE PLAYER - RIVERS
If he collapses Pat's roll. If he manages the game, Chargers defense will prevent Brady from putting game out of reach. Then it's anyone's game but most probably LT's.

I'm not really seeing anyone there out of their minds...Your team had earned it's due respect but why would you expect them to lay down and let you get all geeked up?
If he collapses Pat's roll. If he manages the game, Chargers defense will prevent Brady from putting game out of reach. Then it's anyone's game but most probably LT's.

This is probably true. LT is incredible. Next year someone will manage to stop him, but not this year. Rivers has proven to be a rather excitable guy. We'll see how that manifests itself in this playoff game. Many SD fans have compared him to Brady...this will be a huge test. Can he make the leap, or will he falter?

Actually it comes down to more than Rivers. Some fans talk about Rivers like we've already stopped Tomlinson. Easier said then done. Stop Ladanian first then it comes down to Rivers.

This is probably true. LT is incredible. Next year someone will manage to stop him, but not this year.

And why not? Just because you said so? We all acknowledge LT is a great RB but he is still human. Well maybe if Marty dips LT in pig grease it'll be impossible to tackle him, but until then I'll take my chances with the Pats front 7. LT, say hello to Vince Wilfork.

BTW are you also forgetting that the SD Oline has to open running lanes first? I think the Pats will have the matchup advantage of our front 7 against your front 5. GO ahead and underestimating our team's DL, but they are a huge reason why the Pats win the battle of the trenches.

BTW are you also forgetting that the SD Oline has to open running lanes first? I think the Pats will have the matchup advantage of our front 7 against your front 5. GO ahead and underestimating our team's DL, but they are a huge reason why the Pats win the battle of the trenches.

You have hit on one of three key match ups Patriots must win.

# 2 - Keep Brady clean enough to pick SD apart

# 3 - establish run game , hence controlling clock.

I see no reason why we do not succeed. Pats win, much easier than most think.

I beg to differ.

For the San Diego Chargers, the world revolves around Tomlinson. Everything else is ancillary.

And now for the bad news.

LT is a great runner, yes, but you have to look closely at what he's done this year.

LT is a classic home run hitter. That is, he is always a threat to knock one out of the park, or in football lingo, he's constantly a threat to rip one off where he simply runs out of the stadium.

If you look carefully at his efforts this year, he's played almost all his games against teams that were approximately .500 or worse. (This is through no fault of his own; you play whoever the schedule maker puts in front of you.) By "approximately .500" I mean teams that are 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. He faced 11 of those teams this year (5 were 9-7). He faced 4 stink teams (Oakland twice, Cleveland and Arizona). Only one (the 13-3 Baltimore Ravens) had double-digit wins.

There's more.

In every game he played, there was a long "ripper" that had it's inevitable impact on the game. If you take away that ripper, in 10 of the 16 games he played his average becomes very, very mortal. I'm talking about a 3.00 average.

(Now I must amend this. Not "every" game featured a long ripper. Six games had his longest run at 17 yards or less. But for the purposes of this exercise, these games and these runs were included, so the basic premise stands. On the other hand, you can successfully argue that he doesn't do this kind of thing every game. Indeed, one game had as it's longest run 9 yards, another was at 11, two more at 12. You get the idea. I just can't say "every game", though.)

He averaged over 4.0 in the 6 other games, with 4 of those opponents having winning records. (1 of those 4 was Denver, the team that collapsed like a house of cards over the last half of the season.)

Now, home run hitters are exciting. They're good for the game. Fans love 'em. But if they don't hit that home run, the team that has come to depend on them for it find themselves in trouble.

It's not like he gained 5.6 yards each and every time he touched the ball. The Chargers' strategy is to keep him pounding the line, until he can get sprung. That is the essence of LeDanian Tomlinson circa 2006.

If the actual springing does not happen, the pressure begins to mount on the young QB Rivers, who, with the exception of Baltimore, has yet to face a truly devouring defense.

He will get that education on Sunday, and we will see what he does with it.

Last edited:
I beg to differ.

For the San Diego Chargers, the world revolves around Tomlinson. Everything else is ancillary.

LT is a great runner, yes, but you have to look closely at what he's done this year.

LT is a classic home run hitter. That is, he is always a threat to knock one out of the park, or in football lingo, he's constantly a threat to rip one off where he simply runs out of the stadium.

If you look carefully at his efforts this year, he's played almost all his games against teams that were approximately .500 or worse. (This is through no fault of his own; you play whoever the schedule maker puts in front of you.) By "approximately .500" I mean teams that are 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. He faced 11 of those teams this year (5 were 9-7). He faced 4 stink teams (Oakland twice, Cleveland and Arizona). Only one (the 13-3 Baltimore Ravens) had double-digit wins.

There's more.

In every game he played, there was a long "ripper" that had it's inevitable impact on the game. If you take away that ripper, in 10 of the 16 games he played his average becomes very, very mortal. I'm talking about a 3.00 average.

(Now I must amend this. Not "every" game featured a long ripper. Six games had his longest run at 17 yards or less. But for the purposes of this exercise, these games and these runs were included, so the basic premise stands. On the other hand, you can successfully argue that he doesn't do this kind of thing every game. Indeed, one game had as it's longest run 9 yards, another was at 11, two more at 12. You get the idea. I just can't say "every game", though.)

He averaged over 4.0 in the 6 other games, with 4 of those opponents having winning records. (1 of those 4 was Denver, the team that collapsed like a house of cards over the last half of the season.)

Now, home run hitters are exciting. They're good for the game. Fans love 'em. But if they don't hit that home run, the team that has come to depend on them for it find themselves in trouble.

It's not like he gained 5.6 yards each and every time he touched the ball. The Chargers' strategy is to keep him pounding the line, until he can get sprung. That is the essence of LeDanian Tomlinson circa 2006.

If the actual springing does not happen, the pressure begins to mount on the young QB Rivers, who, with the exception of Baltimore, has yet to face a truly devouring defense.

Lame post...

I may aswell say "If LT didn't run 99 yards on that last play, instead of a 20.0 average, he would only have a 4.0 average"

The fact of the matter is that LT did break for those long runs.. And he's going to do it again this week.

Lame post...

I may aswell say "If LT didn't run 99 yards on that last play, instead of a 20.0 average, he would only have a 4.0 average"

The fact of the matter is that LT did break for those long runs.. And he's going to do it again this week.

Ahhh, you'd better hope, boy, you'd better hope. You're not going to be facing one of the many, many .500 teams that made up your schedule this year.

Ahhh, you'd better hope, boy, you'd better hope. You're not going to be facing one of the many, many .500 teams that made up your schedule this year.

And this is also the first game this year you'll be playing against a team that won 14 games.

Last edited:

Ohhh no!!! The Patriots are coming!! Oooohh I'm so scared... Please don't beat us too badly... :( :( :(

YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE... Old man Dillon will be sitting on the sideline wishing he were a quarter good as LT.

Nice post. I think Rivers lack of playoff expierience is something that people don't want to hear about.
And as for all those reg season wins, just ask Peyton how much those are worth.
This whole scenario is starting to feel a bit familiar.

I beg to differ.

There's more.

I think it's hilarious when you criticize LT for tearing up < .500 teams, yet the pats faced a < .500 team in Miami and was torn to shreds, a complete embarrassment.

there ya go stat boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye