Welcome to PatsFans.com

You Tube Lovers Beware-Viacom Is Watching

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

FOXNews.com - Google Ordered to Hand Over All YouTube User Data - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Isn't there an increase in spending allocated for Domestic Surveillance? I saw something on CNN about it but now I can't find it:confused:
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

In the UK there are already cameras everywhere in certain major cities.
  3. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Interesting stuff going on in the UK. Also from that same section: FOXNews.com - Britain Lets Police Hack PCs Without Warrants - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

PS: I rarely check FOX's site but I was looking for that Domestic Surveillance blurb. Anyway, for anyone interested in what's going on in the cyberworld, Fox has quite an extensive list of reading: Cybersecurity - FOXNews.com

Doodoodoodoooo
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It is the highest of hypocrisy when the US/UK strip away privacy of their own people and then want to use the fake 'spread freedom' rhetoric to topple other governments
  5. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Word. I'm sure none of these cyber-invasions started out with the express purpose of spying on people but,as with everything apparently, there's a built-in potential for abuse. Safe to say we all want the internet to be free of predators and hackers, but the same scietech put in place to do good has snowballed into a way of tracking everybody.

Our founding fathers must be turning over in their graves.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Nothing Is Forever, Ozzie & Harriet, The Old Mill Stream, Peanuts And Cracker Jacks, 4th of July Picnic, Church Supper, Mom and her Apple Pie, they are all gone.

Today:
    Crips, Bloods, Madonna's Crotch, Michael Jackson screwing kids, Paris Hilton, Rap Crappers sliming their women, Presidents Oval Office Blow Jobs, Drug Dealers, Pedophile Priests, etc, etc, etc.

Todays society has nobody but themselves to blame for the invasion of their privacy, they created the need themselves to protect them from Each Other.

How many times do I have to say this,
    "IN THE ABSENCE OF LAW AND ORDER SOCIETY WILL SURELY DESTROY ITSELF"
  7. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If something isn't done about the huge amount of copyright infringement going on online we'll all suffer a serious cultural loss. Music, movies, video games... everything that can be stolen online is being stolen at a gargantuan pace.

Sure privacy is being nibbled at, but you have to balance that against preventing other losses. Privacy isn't the only thing of value.
  9. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I get the copyright issues but I have to strongly disagree with that statement. Then again,I guess it depends on what you truly value if push comes to shove. Basic, constitutional freedoms aren't negotiable imo. Neither is breaking the law. Deal with the copyright infringers and leave the rest of us alone. There's absolutely no need for such a sweep, not in this country.

We are known as a technocracy for good reason. If we want to target someone we know how to do it, we don't need data on an entire population to get our man.

Sacrifice your right to privacy for the sake of copyright laws? Be careful what you wish for my friend.