PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You think the guys on here who want Brady to sit are bad?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know we have heard on this board from some brain surgeons who think we should sit Brady and and they definately need to shut up - But how about the fans who are slowly turning against Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh and want Batch to start?...More and more Steeler fans are forgetting who got them there last year and already are throwing in the towel...Come on,Do they really think Charlie Batch is a full time starter?..Thats probably worse than suggesting Cassel start over Brady!..Steeler fans are pathetic.....

PATRIOT64 said:
I know we have heard on this board from some brain surgeons who think we should sit Brady and and they definately need to shut up - But how about the fans who are slowly turning against Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh and want Batch to start?...More and more Steeler fans are forgetting who got them there last year and already are throwing in the towel...Come on,Do they really think Charlie Batch is a full time starter?..Thats probably worse than suggesting Cassel start over Brady!..Steeler fans are pathetic.....

That is worse???? Brady has 3 SB's and is in his prime. Highly regarded as one of the best clutch NFL players of all time and suggesting Roethlisberger sits is a bigger stretch than putting Cassel in for Brady?

At least Batch has more NFL experience under his belt including winning a pressure first game of the season with all eyes on him. Cassel lost his one start in a meaningless game against the Dolphins.

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

If a QB is benched every time he goes through a rough patch then Joe Montana would have been pulled several times during his career.

zippo59 said:
If a QB is benched every time he goes through a rough patch then Joe Montana would have been pulled several times during his career.

Right on! Montana, Marino, Elway, Young, Unitas etc...it goes on and on.
Hey, Manning had a bad QB rating on Sunday and a below 50% passer rating, should the Colts bench him too?

I don't take fans that call for benching Brady seriously:D I think they need professional medical help :D

I would definitely not bench Big Ben. Considering all that he has gone through this offseason, it will take some time for them to get back into form.

But yeah, Steelers fans are pretty pathetic for calling that.

Hehehe, how about the 'trade Brady now that he's on the downside of his career' guy. :D Nothing beats that one.

Drewwho said:
Right on! Montana, Marino, Elway, Young, Unitas etc...it goes on and on.
Hey, Manning had a bad QB rating on Sunday and a below 50% passer rating, should the Colts bench him too?
I think they won though....

Good observation. They were booing B-Roth after that last interception. Steeler fans are some of the most low life, specimens of human vermin on the planet.

I don't think Roethlesberger played as bad as some are saying. He still had mobility and stood strong in the pocker for the most part. He's just rusty and has lost some strength. He'll be fully recovered by next season, which all Steeler fans should feel lucky about. As for this year, the Steelers go 8-8, however. SB blues...

Big Ben has been fellated non-stop by Pittsburgh fans and media since his debut in the league, so it is not a bad thing that he takes some criticism for having three sub-par games in a row. Too much success too early in a career can breed complacency, and we all want him to get better even if he wasn't solely responsible for the last two losses. The booing wasn't that big a deal, and nothing compared to how Maddox got abused last year by the fans for his incompetence.

I haven't seen too many threads in Steeler-internet-land calling for Ben to be benched... people may have good reason to think that they rushed Ben back too quickly, but any fan who thinks Ben should be benched is either a flaming ******, or nothing more than a fairweather follower of Steelers football. But we're all vermin regardless, right SoonerPatriot? F'ing idiot.

I've never met a pats fan who believed more in Big Ben than I... my friends laughed at me when I predicted the Steelers would win the SB last year before the playoffs started. I currently rank him as the #2 QB in the league and he's the QB I'd want if Brady was lifted into the Heavens tomorrow on a Chariot of Fire. However, Steeler fans need to adjust their expectations a bit. Steeler Nation is alot like Red Sox nation in that no fan base lives or dies with the team like they do. Still, considering the multitide of obstacles the team would have faced had NOTHING happened to Ben, they have to calm down. I was impressed with him on Sunday. He made a couple careless, stupid throws, and has lost a bit of arm strength, but he led the offense with authority, he was angry and competitive on the sidelines, and I see reason for optimism. But the schedule is brutal, the SB blues are inevitable, and Ben will have some clunkers, and take some big hits if the team relies too much on the passing game as Parker wears down. I see 8-8 as a reasonable possibility, without hatred or bias toward the organization. and there's no shame in that under the circumstances.Next year Ben will be a monster again, barring unforseen insanity on his part.

PATRIOT64 said:
I know we have heard on this board from some brain surgeons who think we should sit Brady............

Maybe those same brain surgeons need to be lobotomized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back