Welcome to PatsFans.com

You think Belichick runs up the score?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Disco Volante, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Dallas High School Runs Up 100-0 Score in Girls' Hoops Game - Backporch FanHouse

Yikes.
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,466 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Dallas Academy should have learned to score then. :cool:
  3. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I didn't know Dallas Academy was FSU's prep-school .... :p
  4. loosebearing

loosebearing Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Dallas Academy shouldn't be playing with the "big boys"
  5. Jared

Jared Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Seriously. They have 20 female high school students, and from that pool tried to field a team of 8. They have been WINLESS FOR FOUR YEARS.
  6. loosebearing

loosebearing Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So -
    They should quit the league and find lesser opponents
    Or only play intramural
  7. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What a revolting display by the "winning" team.
  8. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

9. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I still don't believe that there's such a thing as running up the score in professional sports. If you can crush 'em... then do it without mercy.

High School and younger sports is different. But even worse, this team was playing a school that caters to students with learning disabilities?? That's bull****. And as a parent, I'm disgusted. As a parent with a once learning disabled child, I'm mortified for the parents and the children of that school. None of these kids learned anything, on either side of the ball, and that sucks.

Similar situation.. we were at a soccer game that saw a regular school take on a team with learning disabled kids. The first team played hard for about 10 minutes, until it became obvious that it was going to be a bloodbath. The kids took it upon themselves, with no intervention from the coach, not to throw the game, but rather to slow it down, and talk to the other kids... helping to actually teach them the game, giving them pointers, correcting mistakes, helping the other kids get into the right position, and so forth. The learning disabled school still lost of course, but kids on both sides of the ball walked away with smiles, and parents on both sides of the ball walked away with tears.
  10. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Nice story. And I really hope that nobody here would want to take a contrary position. To say there's a difference between this girls' high school basketball and pro football is a massive understatement, and the disgusting over-the-top result would be an embarrassment anywhere. If the coach of that that team gets a whoopin', I'll be the first to cheer.
  11. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Well much like what happened to the girl who got booed at the Colts game and got to call the coin toss at the AFCCG, there is a bright side to this story.

Rivals High - School seeks to forfeit 100-0 win

12. farn

farn Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Kids shouldn't run up the score in that manner.

As for BB - I for one have grown tired of listening to the media obsession with "running up the score" at the pro level.

I could not care less about the feelings of the opponent. I am a Patriots fan. I work all week and want to see my football team win every weekend they play. I don't care about the Redskins. I don't care about Gibbs. I don't care about 52-7 before Halloween 2007. I don't care about class. I don't care about handshakes or hugs at the 50 yard line.

When I watch football I am not looking for a BFF or a pen pal or someone to share my feelings with. Just win - don't care by how much.

Was that overboard ?
  13. JMarr

JMarr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No. the analogy between the two situations is completely ridiculous. This story disturbs me, and comparing this group of girls to the 2007 Redskins or Cowboys who got thumped by the Patriots is ludicrous.
  14. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The fact that you took the title seriously is disturbing. :eek:
  15. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,366 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

Why would this story disturb you? A team was playing basketball at a level that was too high for them and got smoked. The rest of the story is just a sympathy ploy.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  16. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What a pathetic response. But maybe you're trying to be funny.
  17. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +1,366 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

No, I'm not trying to be funny. A team that can't win in 4 years and is capable of getting smoked 100-0 on top of that has no business competing in the league they are in. This wasn't a pickup game where one team happened to et all the good players and the other got all the stiffs.

Let's take a look at some other scores from this year, shall we?

55-6
    66-4
    49-7

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?propertyId=1&sportId=7&schoolId=1113&infoType=schedule

The team was playing basketball and couldn't muster a single basket. They had no business being on that court with the other team. In 4 games, that team's been outscored 270-17. But instead of asking what the hell that school is thinking by putting that team in that league, let's whine about the other team instead. :rolleyes:
  18. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0

its quite pathetic when defensive players earning millions of dollars complain when someone is still playing their game in a blowout and still are willing to get a cheque for 60 mins of football the next day.
  19. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Absolutely, the administration of that school should look to place them in another division, or league, or whatever. But for the girls going to school there who like to play basketball, an adult coaching team playing against them should have some sense of decency about the game. 49-7 is definitely a huge blowout.....it's also not 100-0. So spare us the little rolling eyes pictures--taking the side of the "winning" team here is pathetic.
  20. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +1,366 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

Exactly what score would be the cutoff between a "huge blowout" and "disgusting over-the-top"?