PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You pick em: Championship week

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
QBs (2): Carson Palmer v Cle, Derek Anderson v Cin, Jay Cutler v SD

RBs (2): Brian Westbrook v NO, Kolby Smith v Det, Earnest Graham v SF, Justin Fargas (Out), Lamont Jordan v Jac, Aaron Stecker v Phi

WRs (2): Marques Colston v Phi, Kevin Curtis v NO, Lee Evans v NYG

Flex WR/RB (1): Any one of the above WR/RB

My TE is Jason Witten, my K is Jason Elam, and my D is NY Giants.

Alrighty this is for all the marbles. Make the call! And please give reasoning if possible. FA pickup suggestions are also welcome.
Just my luck for Fargas to go down just before the championship game, aargh!

Last edited:
QBs (2): Carson Palmer v Cle, Derek Anderson v Cin, Jay Cutler v SD

RBs (2): Brian Westbrook v NO, Kolby Smith v Det, Earnest Graham v SF, Justin Fargas (Out), Lamont Jordan v Jac, Aaron Stecker v Phi

WRs (2): Marques Colston v Phi, Kevin Curtis v NO, Lee Evans v NYG

Flex WR/RB (1): Any one of the above WR/RB

My TE is Jason Witten, my K is Jason Elam, and my D is NY Giants.

Alrighty this is for all the marbles. Make the call! And please give reasoning if possible. FA pickup suggestions are also welcome.
Just my luck for Fargas to go down just before the championship game, aargh!
QBs: Palmer & Anderson. Cutler is not a road warrior and is up against a San Diego team fighting for the #3 seed. San Diego demolished Denver earlier.

RBs: Westbrook & Graham. Westy is a no-brainer. Graham is a dual-threat much like Westbrook and has a good matchup.

WRs: Colston & Curtis. Ride the hot hand in Colston, despite any high opinions you have of the Philly secondary. Curtis is against an awful secondary and the game is indoors, unlike Evans' game vs. NYG.

Flex: Stecker. He got the goalline love last week and probably will get it again.

Good luck.

Regards,
Chris

Wow you picked the exact same guys I was going to go with. Well this certainly gives me a bit more confidence in my choices. Thanks. I'll let you know who won. :)

Well, after not recommending Cutler, I'm depending on him outscoring LDT by 3 points tonight to bring the title to me.

:bricks:

Stay tuned...

Regards,
Chris

Well, after not recommending Cutler, I'm depending on him outscoring LDT by 3 points tonight to bring the title to me.

:bricks:

Stay tuned...

Regards,
Chris

LOL my kicker, Elam, unfortunately is on that sad sad team called the Denver Broncos. I needed 6 pts from him and he could only give 3, thus costing me the title. If your hopes rested on Cutler I think I need to send my condolences to you as well.

LOL my kicker, Elam, unfortunately is on that sad sad team called the Denver Broncos. I needed 6 pts from him and he could only give 3, thus costing me the title. If your hopes rested on Cutler I think I need to send my condolences to you as well.
My normal starter is Favre, but 15 minutes before game time I saw the weather conditions in Chicago and saw Favre's quote about that weather being the worst he's ever about to play in (relayed by Aikman) and immediately switched him out for Cutler. After that game, I looked like a genius. Then Cutler got zero pass protection Monday and had no chance.

Speaking of that, Daniel Graham looked horrible in pass blocking (his strongsuit in NE) for Denver. On one play, he simply let Shaun Phillips run by him for an easy sack. I wonder if someone mentioned that in the regular forum.

ETA: I obviously lost. Three title games in a row, winning only the middle one. Oh well.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back