Welcome to PatsFans.com

You Owe Your Very Existence To Bills Owner Ralph Wilson

Discussion in 'Visiting Locker Room' started by buffalo_jill, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffalo_jill

buffalo_jill Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You all should stop hating on the Bills. And Kraft in particular should stop his targeted abuse of this small market team. Without Bills' owner Ralph Wilson's vision and generosity there likely wouldn't be an AFC, nor a Patriots team at all.

"He (Ralph Wilson) was a guiding force in AFL policies that ensured success, such as gate and television revenue sharing; in 1961, with the rival Oakland Raiders in financial difficulty, Wilson loaned the club $400,000 and also would be willing to loan money to Billy Sullivan of the Patriots. Wilson helped keep those franchises afloat, likely saving the entire league from folding. In November 1963, Wilson lobbied successfully to have American Football League games postponed the Sunday after JFK's assassination, while NFL games went on uninterrupted."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Wilson
  2. newton_tom_cat

newton_tom_cat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

what is it you want out of us jill? spot you a game every season? not gonna happen
  3. EasyMac

EasyMac Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ok, thanks Ralph.

Now onto CURRENT day discussions.
  4. slam

slam Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who hates the Bills? They're utterly irrelevant.
  5. tedylb

tedylb Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That's right, Jill. What is there to hate? And if Ralph is such a savior, see if he ensures the Bills permanance in your beautiful city.
  6. RI Pats Fan

RI Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When JP Losman isn't their quarterback, I like the team and would've liked to see them make the playoffs this year. If the Bills were to challenge the Pats in the AFC East, that'd be different. Bills (wildcard), Browns (division), Jags (division) are the teams I like to follow besides the Patriots. I hate Denver and San Diego, no feelings about KC, and I'm appreciative of the Raiders for giving us Moss so I can't hate them.
  7. newton_tom_cat

newton_tom_cat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yeah, i think jill is some dislocated buffalonian living in beantown. she hears male co-workers chatting the up the pats every day. that and the media here makes her feel overwhelmed at times. which explains the occasional sore posts of hers.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  8. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I've always respected the Bills and their fans.
  9. homerpatsfan

homerpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

thanks ralph. :rocker:
  10. flasox27

flasox27 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 2 / -4

#54 Jersey

Actually Jill has it wrong. Kraft was one of the big market owners that was in favor of subsidizing the small market teams like Buffalo.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Ha, ha....
    Bills are on NFL welfare!
  12. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

How about less complaining and more Pom Pom shaking?
  13. Seacoast Fan

Seacoast Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

And while we are at it, props to Ben Franklin for flying that kite, otherwise there would be no night games, and to Christopher Columbus for discovering the continent....
  14. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

personally i do not hate at all the Buffalo Bills; compliments to yr 2007 season (you had an amazing run considering all you had...)
  15. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ralph Wilson is 89 years old.

'Nuff said.
  16. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +160 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

The funny thing is the Bills are the one divisional opponent that isn't hated around here. Generally people post that they wish the Bills well when they are not playing the Pats and that the Pats fans respect the Bills fans passion.

There has never been a kind word printed around here about the Jets or Fins. Nor will there be or should there be.
  17. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 4 / -3

It's especially odd when you think that in the last 20 years, the Bills have had a lot more success than the Jets and Dolphins as well.

I'm not going to thank Wilson. I don't like the guy. I think he should sell his team to Buffalo people now. The guy has become a billionaire off a $20k investment. That's to his credit. And he and his wife should keep that money. But he shouldn't milk that franchise for every last dime. We're talking about 47 years of incredible fan support even through owner interference (he chooses the QB).

Also, maybe if Wilson didn't help the Sullivans, they would have been forced to sell earlier, thereby preventing rampant alcoholism among Patriot fans in the 70s and 80s.

Lastly, Kraft is not one of the big owners looking to share revenue with the Bills. Kraft is in the Jerry Jones category when it comes to this issue. He understands Wilson's point-of-view but he disagrees with it.
  18. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

and they'd need less revenue sharing if they sold the naming rights to their stadium, instead of having it named after their founder..... It may only be $2-3 million per year but over ten years it would add up. You can't have it both ways, whining about being a small market franchise but not maximizing potential revenue sources. Other small markets, like GB and Pitt and KC do alright....
  19. Caspir

Caspir Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This thread is moronic, but looking at your post history, that's no surprise. Go start a draft thread on a Bills forum. Just remember to take into account the fact that you pick last of any AFC East team. How's that feel?
  20. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Don't be harsh. Her football season is over after all. :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.