Welcome to PatsFans.com

You may be surprised... but....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by fleabassist1, Feb 21, 2009.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that was actually pretty funny...

note the comments below from the aptly named "tooltalk"... he actually blames liberals for everything since WW2.
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its scary to think what might need to be spent if this isn't enough.

There's no such thing as a Gazillion dollar bill, at least not yet.
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

move to zimbabwee. your money might be worth more there
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I support it for basically the reasons explained in the video, which was quite cute. We're trying to kickstart the economy and today Obama announced that he's going to try to cut the deficit in half over time. So, he's trying a tough balancing act. Kick start the economy, and give the global community faith in the soundness of our economic policies.

The big problem is that $800 billion might not be enough. Paul Volcker thinks the worst is yet to come because production is declining at faster rates all over the globe. In addition, some economists are expecting another real estate crisis, this time in commercial property, which will soon be in a downward spiral of its own.

Paul Krugman, the liberal Nobel prize winning economist, thinks we could borrow up to $5 trillion to solve the problem.

ABC News: Nobel Prize Winner's Recession Solution
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

That's exactly correct... The commercial real estate collapse is already starting, and it will soon make the home mortgage collapse look mild by comparison.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

So the government is going to raise the taxes on the wealthy who can't afford the commercial real estate they own. They're going to give money to the people who bought houses they could not afford ... well okay then carry on ... we'll be Amero-Merica sooner than we know.
  8. fierce

fierce Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Simple minds call for simple measures...
  9. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

[​IMG] What a country. :rolleyes:
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

There's a typo in your clever little ad smarm ...

Anyhow, you'd pretty much complain about anything he ordered... If he gave tax cuts, how is that not "giving money away?" You hate both tax cuts and tax increases, apparently. Or perhaps you can't stand that poorer people are getting a tiny break, and rich might have to pay a wee bit more. Oh the drama!

Which is why, ultimately, we default to the more obvious rationale behind your frustration: You hate him because he's black and progressive.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

:rofl:

Good one!

The video was funny, and was accurate in a general sense. The problem is that issues are not general, they are specific. Therefore it's the details that are the always in question. Gubmit spending, but on what, and tax breaks, but for who?

Look at it this way. Most everyone loves birthday cake. So when August rolls around this year, I'm hoping I have one. If that cake is a Carvel, with those little black crunchy things inside, then mmmmmmmmmmm...I'm casting my vote in favor. If it's not a Carvel, and instead is some ******* pistacio, walnut, carrot arse cake with cranberry sauce on top, then **** that! :D See the point fellas?
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

What I love is how commerical property is going to go under, but we're now going to tax those struggling companies more, while asking them to hire people at the same time. Go figure.
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

class warfare ... Clinton used it, Bush used it even more and Obama is perfecting it.
    We need a 3rd party more than ever and the possibility of it happening is dimming.
  14. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I didn't create the ad. It's directly from the YT page the OP linked.

My problem is in people thinking it's government money that they're giving away for free as the ad implies. It's as absurd as the rest of your comment. Don't you have a matinee to go to? Oh yeah, you go week days when tax payers are working. :rolleyes:
  15. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I got a mild kick out of it... for people who are not as in to politics, it think it's a great video.

What part of august where you born? 31st here! And yes, the black crunchy oreo things = amazing cake. I second this notion.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

If you study the factors that result in hyper-inflation, you'll be glad to know that it's highly unlikely it will happen in this country.

This crisis is going to make Americans very frugal for decades to come. Savings will continue to increase and the age of "let's buy some stuff" that is not needed is over. Unemployment will peak at historic rates and the jobs will come back extremely slowly. So there will never be a sudden wave of pent-up demand. As a matter of fact, there is no pent-up demand.

Most of what our gov't has spent has gone to bail out the financial industry to off-set their toxic loans. That means that money "disappeared into thin air"...it's gone forever. It was just money on the books, not an actual increase in money supply.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009