Welcome to PatsFans.com

You libs owe Bush an apology..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Jan 31, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +116 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

And it took exactly 1 response for the liberal excuse machine to have its engines revved.

4. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL! How true!

I actually thought they were going to say Ray Nagin was a victim of circumstance.

5. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The "excuse" came in the original post, I was merely pointing it out.

Obviously this one thing does not absolve the federal government of their responsibility for the shoddy response, hence no apology is due to Bush.

6. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You just dont get it do you?? The Mayor is solely to blame--Then the Governor of LA, Then FEMA...and then Bush. Why do you conviently forget to place blame with the Mayor of NO, The GOv of LA first?

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'd be happy to blame that racist piece of sh-t for anything, even if he didn't do it. He can go to hell for all I care, so here it is...

The poor response to Katrina was the fault of the mayor of New Orleans.
    I'm not a leftie, I know, but not enough bad sh-t can happen to that idiot.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 20 / -30

Geez, just read the article twice and did not see anything where Nagin knew anything about it. If this is the logic or illogic then GWB is completely responsible for what Brown did not did not do.

9. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It has nothing to do with the article--Nagin is the Mayor of the city---he is responsible for everything that goes on in his city--if he cannot handle it--His first call is to the Governor.

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +487 / 20 / -17

If I said that FEMA caused the tragedy at the hospital, I was wrong. I might have said that (though I don't recall), but it would have been only one piece of evidence I used to support the contention that Bush failed the people who were harmed by Katrina.

If I said that Bush reduced the authority of FEMA and put cronies in its front office and FEMA responded slowly to the emergency (which is what I said), I still stand by that.

I hope you'll will join me in supporting efforts to force the Dept. of Homeland Security to release Katrina related documents. (Or do you think they're afraid that if the next hurricane sees those documents, the hurricane might adapt a different approach?)

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=60076

11. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +859 / 22 / -33

#15 Jersey

Ah, the wrong wing Neo-clones Bush apologists strike again. Should Nagin share in the blame for this catastrophe? Absolutely. Should Blanco? You bet.

So does this mean that Bush is absolved of any mistakes? Absolutely not. Even if you can slide some of the blame to those two (who definately did a horrible job), Bush's response in the aftermath was and STILL is pathetic. A major American city with a metro population of over a million people and surrounding Gulf Coast communities with about half that we're devastated on his watch.

What was Bush's response? Iraq takes presedence over Americans in need. Same response he had to 9-11. We know who did it and we don't care. Iraq is the top priority.

HE should apologize to all the victim's families of 9-11 who have to listen to UBL's voice all these years later and know that the man responsible for taking their loved ones lives remains at large. Then he should apologize to everyone affected by Katrina that he has for the most part ignored and forgotten, opting instead to focus on his botched war, spying on Americans and letting oil companies operate with impunity at the expense of the working man.

Kanye West had it wrong when he said GB doesn't care about black people. He doesn't care about any of us.

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, I don't argue with that. I wholeheartedly agree that the city and state governments should be the first to take blame, and then the federal government (and not just Bush or the Republican administration; but the whole, inept, porkbellied machine). If I lived in LA, I'd be furious and very vocal about failures at the state level. But, since I don't and am not under the jurisdiction or aegis of Louisiana, I choose to focus on the officials in office who do influence my life.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +988 / 2 / -9

That racist crook Nagin is all upset because the "White Envelope" isn't being passed under the table every week now. The slimey Crook is losing thousands in payoff money every month.

14. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Thanks for posting, I didn't know this, and am a little peeved to hear about it.

15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Mister Bush, I am sorry you have taken a total of 1 year out of your five for vacation time and during such time saw complete lapses in national security and emergency management. I'm sorry you and your cronies are so completely incompetant that you cannot manage a business never mind a country. Screw Nagin and Blanco...they do not concern me because they do not govern me.

16. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Patters, you seem to forget that FEMA cannot act in any capacity until the state requests their involvement. There are set procedures for a state to make this request (must written, specific format, etc.). Mayor Blanco failed to make the request in a timely manner. All she had to do was have the request letter written and signed, then sent to Vitter ot another Senator/Rep in Washington to deliver it on her behalf. She could have left the date blank, to be filled in prior to delivery, and sent the letter up that Thursday or Friday.

Now, does this absolve FEMA of all blame? Hardly. But it does place far more squarely on the shoulders of our .... auspicious ... Governor. She failed to request federal assistance when there was time to pre-deploy. She delayed in answering other offers of federal aid. She failed to call up, and predeploy, the Louisiana National Guard as is her right.

FEMA's failures really started once they got the official go ahead. Turnoing back supply trucks. Failing to accept assistance from Amtrak. Making decisions based on image - why use helicopters to rescue 4 at a time when flat-boats were rescuing 10 or 15? At a far lower cost, btw. Or not evacuating people via trains - so what if they were cargo cars instead of travel cars? Getting people to safety was the priority, right?

17. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And tell me again what Bushs excuse was for not going through FISA for his illegal surveillance?

the argument you just made was the exact same argument that Bush is using for his legal defense

the hurricane was akin to "the next attack", came upon us in a matter of days and the threat increased within hours...tell me again, why did Bush have to circumvent FISA?

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 20 / -30

ergo Bush is completely responsible for everything that happens in this country, cannot have it both ways.

19. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So..you are advocating firing all the Mayors and Governors in every city and state in the US?

20. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sure, if you're incapable of understanding what he said in any other way, it sure sounds that way.