PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You know you are a Pats Fan when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your first game you went was in Fenway Park against the Bills and Babe Parelli was QB and the late US Senator Jack Kemp was Buffalo's QB.
When you drove 80 miles in a to sit in a driving sideways noreaster rainstorm to watch Scott "missin" Sisson miss two 25 yard field goals and lose to the Jets 6-0.
When the last game you saw you spent 1500$ to go to Kansas City and you endure record noise to sit in silence to see your team take their worse beaten in 20 years.
To be a season ticket holder back in the day when their were only 25000 season tickets sold.
When you wore a pat Patriot Painters hat 30 years before you even heard the expression "pink hat."
View attachment 7159
When you've done these things you've earned the right to question the teams moves or none moves,
So in the words of the most famous clutch kicker in NFL history that was let go because of a few dollars.
DON"T TALK TO ME!

Stop showing your age, we all know you're a huge cry baby. Waaah, I can't stand it! Manning has the touchdown record.

The first autograph you ever got was from Len St. Jean...you thought that the Patriots' savior was Joe Kapp...you saw the Patriots play in Fenway and at Harvard Stadium...you wondered why someone would ever take a guard with the #4 pick...you cried when you heard about Darryl Stingley...you dented your own fender with your fist after the playoff game with Oakland...you didn't really believe we were Super Bowl champs when Adam made that kick...you still don't know why BB went for it on 4th and 13 against the Giants...you have no idea how Ellis Hobbs can be 7 yards in front of Plaxico Buress at the 11 yard line and be two yards behind him when he crosses the goal line...you know you should enjoy watching Gronkowski while you can...you know the music's gonna stop at some point.

you remember watching Holovak and Parilli at Fenway

you appreciate what BB has done for us

you're not afraid to hold TB12 accountable.....just like the other 52 players

I'm on a ski lift during the kid's vacation and I think of Dikembe and his war cry: "RESPECT THE CLOCK"

When you scratch your head at every draft-day move up or down the board, watch idiots piss and moan and recite the Large List of Specific People We Could Have Drafted But Didn't, and just start looking at the guy we did get -- because in Bill You Trust.

(I'm thinking next year is the breakout year for Chad Jackson...)

... and finally: When you know you'll be okay when Brady stops playing for NE... you hope that means he's stopped playing period... but you're okay with moving on. May it be many years hence -- but even the GOAT will one day do so.

You sat on those bench seats in Foxboro/Sullivan Stadium (For Grogan) in late 70s & 80s and everyone there was toasted by end of 1st Qtr thinkin it was a Bruin's game with all fights.

Last edited:
$_57.JPG

You remember when the NY Giants were pumped into Boston and there was a battle by the Pats for recognition. The Pats couldn't sign a draft pick and Holovak somehow put together a respectable team.

You still have hemroids from the aluminum benches at Sullivan Stadium.

and you remember what happened the first time they flushed all the toilets at once at Sullivan/Schaeffer Stadium back in 1971...

The name Ben Dreith gives you agita.....

You know the reason there was no Monday night Football in Foxboro for many years....

When you let your 10 year old wear a Tom Brady jersey to school in suburban Philadelphia on "Eagles Pride Day" the Friday before SB 39 when everyone was supposed to wear Eagles jerseys......and he's the only one out of 600 not wearing green.......

and you remember what happened the first time they flushed all the toilets at once at Sullivan/Schaeffer Stadium back in 1971...

The name Ben Dreith gives you agita.....

You know the reason there was no Monday night Football in Foxboro for many years....

No

You WERE the reason there was no MNF in Foxboro for decades

Since we're into posting programs from 1964...
$_57.JPG

When you let your 10 year old wear a Tom Brady jersey to school in suburban Philadelphia on "Eagles Pride Day" the Friday before SB 39 when everyone was supposed to wear Eagles jerseys......and he's the only one out of 600 not wearing green.......

That's like a scene from the Matrix where the Dawkins Jersey's just keep multiplying. Either your son was built like Gronk or you sent him packing heat.

That's like a scene from the Matrix where the Dawkins Jersey's just keep multiplying. Either your son was built like Gronk or you sent him packing heat.
He works out enough to be built like him but he can take care of himself. My wife and I happened to be at school that day for a presentation by our younger son ( he opted to wear Rams gear-- long story-- contrarian) and I listened as one of the teachers started talking trash about "that kid wearing Patriots gear" not knowing I was his father. I let him know that not all kids were lemmings that blindly followed orders and that some kids could think for themselves. I think he then realized I was the parental unit and he let it go.....

...when the first definitive color pictures of Pluto come, you declare it will be red, blue, and silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes