Welcome to PatsFans.com

You know who else thought Americans deserved 9/11?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 5, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Weak brained people are the religious idiot's allies ... their numbers are huge.

3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Where was the "GOD DAMN AMERICA!"? I didn't hear either of them say that.

I don't like either of them. But I also didn't hear them say Americans deserved it. They said they feared God had been made angry, they said abortion was evil...but they didn't say anyone deserved it.

And I abhor Falwell, Robertson, etc etc...but honest to Christ Wes...get some perspective.
    Or maybe try a different one for a change.

4. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

So you are saying that you think they might believe god is wrong in punishing America? Does that pass the reasonable test?

5. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Nothing either of those two ever did or will do (Robertson's still alive I guess) is reasonable.

Then again, no one that I know of personally or peripherally has ever claimed either of them as their spiritual advisor, or 'uncle'.

6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

McCain actively pursued Hagee's support after knowing what he has spewed. Obama has done the opposite after hearing what Wright had said. And Wright was talking about the American government not America as a whole when he said "goddamn America. He was a marine and last I checked an American so it wouldn't make much sense for him to say "goddamn me" now would it?

And what I was saying was that you are implying that the quotes are different because Hagee never specifically said "goddamn America" and therefore wasn't necessarily saying that Americans "deserved to be punished." If he wasn't saying that then you are saying that Hagee or Falwell or whatever nutbag thinks god may have unjustly punished America. Either that or he thinks god is infallible and therefore if Americans got punished for their actions, they deserved it. I'm fairly positive he believes the latter.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

If allegiance to your religious leader is a factor in choosing a President then there is no question McCain is as guilty as Obama for making a bad choice IMO. Both of them aligned with religious fanatics and they deserve the scrutiny that comes with that IMO.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How did Hagee get into this?

Obama has done the what now? Do we need to go through the whole 20 year, weddings, baptisms, counseling, cash donations etc again? Obama didn't run away from Wright until Wright a. embarrassed him first on Moyers then at the National Press Club and b. when it started causing the poll numbers to fall.

9. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think you can call Hagee McCain's "religious leader", do you?

And I really don't care that much. I hate them all anyway.

10. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess then seeing as being aligned with a religious fanatic is bad for a presidential candidate then the only one who has a chance is Joe Lieberman. Draft Joe. :D:D

11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

..................................... :yeahthat: .... :eat2:

12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Wes, to make a broad-stroke statement like the one you make above is as close-minded as any "religious idiot" can be.

Religion is not for idiots...fanaticism maybe, but not religion. One of the most outstanding features in our bill of rights is the freedom of religion and you should know that.

No one can prove religious beliefs to be right or wrong, so all we have is opinion. We either choose to believe or we do not. One is not better or stronger than the other. Many of the bravest, most intellegent historical people were people of faith.

Some may believe the natural process of advanced knowledge or cultural progress will be fewer people of faith. But they'd be wrong. Choosing to have faith (and it is simply a choice) is not a sign of intellegence or lack there of. One can not be too dumb to have faith, but you can be too smart.

There are some who worship science, but science only goes as far as our collective intellegence and is limitted by the human mind. So who would choose to worship the human mind? Not me.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

I left organized religion many years ago, their constant "Lust" for money and their childish little insults aimed at all the different denominations then their own turned me off, watching my friends march into "confession" while I waited in my car then immediately following "their confession" we would go to one of our neighborhood bars where within two hours my friends "the confessors" would be in the ladies room getting a blow job, next week they would do it all over again.

But Remember Wes,
    There are millions of Decent Reverends and Priests, you only hear about the scumbags in their ranks (Sharpton, Jessie, Wright, Falwell, Swaggert etc) the "Good Ones And Their Congregations" are the quiet ones, they don't scream and yell all their bullsh!t in front of the camera's, they don't stand on their soap box and "God Damn" their country or "Blame" 9/11 on God, they very privately and quietly bow their heads and speak to their own savior, it makes them feel good.

Now Wes, get down on your knees in front of your computer, call your family to join you or your fellow workers and pray along with me.

DEAR LORD JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY GOD OUR HOLY FATHER IN HEAVEN, WE BEG THEE GIVE US THINE POWER TO RIP THE F-CKING BOWELS FROM OUR ENEMIES FILTHY ROTTEN STOMACHS, DAMN THEM AND THEIR WHORING VIRGIN SLUTS, WHEN THEY REACH THEIR PARADISE GREET THEM MY LORD JESUS WITH THINE TERRIBLE SWIFT SWORD, SWING THY SWORD WITH ALL THINE MIGHT AND CUT THEIR VILE SON OF A B!TCHIN BASTARD HEADS FROM THEIR FOUL SMELLING F-CKING BODIES, KILL THEIR DONKEYS JESUS, GOD BLESS YOU JESUS.
    ALSO DEAR LORD, NEVER LET US HAVE TO GAZE UPON THE BARE NAKED BODY OF THE WOMEN CALLED “HILLARY”
    AMEN

14. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A large number of Muslims? "American" Muslims? yep

15. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
    This is the main reason why I will never vote for McCain.

Crazy white preacher-No issue
    Crazy black preacher-Media, Republicans, and Hillary voters wet their collective pants.

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm not even going near that one for fear of derailing the thread....see below sig.....:cool:

17. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There's a difference between shaking someone's hand at an event and sitting in their church for 20 years, giving them money and calling them "my uncle".

18. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Ah, geez, see, you gotta be black for people to pay attention to you when you say this crap.Let's all feign ignorance about history so we can act outraged.

19. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

In your case no one is feigning.

Big difference between "we're killing 40 thousand little babies and God is angry" and "GOD DAMN AMERIKKKA".

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

And then having the balls to say you sat there for 20 years and never knew what your Pastor was saying, and he wants to run America----:singing::singing: