PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You know what's funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontSeven

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I'll tell you what's butt-funny: After all those years judging that Randy didn't really want to play, and that Drew did, who the hell looks stupid for making those judgments now?

The real issue was that Drew hid his intentions by saying all of the "right things", and Randy didn't. Therefore the one who didn't want to play, Drew, was deemed an admirable team guy, while the guy who actually had a fire in his belly was deemed a recalcitrant pissant.

Talk about getting it backward.

I'll tell you what's butt-funny: After all those years judging that Randy didn't really want to play, and that Drew did, who the hell looks stupid for making those judgments now?

The real issue was that Drew hid his intentions by saying all of the "right things", and Randy didn't. Therefore the one who didn't want to play, Drew, was deemed an admirable team guy, while the guy who actually had a fire in his belly was deemed a recalcitrant pissant.

I still think we need to see what RM does when its time to extend the contract. "Fire in the belly" cant be measured until the opportunity to either play for a winner or go after the biggest bucks available is finalized.

I still think we need to see what RM does when its time to extend the contract. "Fire in the belly" cant be measured until the opportunity to either play for a winner or go after the biggest bucks available is finalized.

He has already given up millions to play for the Pats. Unless those millions don't count.

He has already given up millions to play for the Pats. Unless those millions don't count.

Incorrect. In the short term he coughed up millions but that was to get to the Patriots and this is a place where he has the ability to post incredible numbers again and set up for a retirement contract if he chooses. If he played out his old contract, he would have been too old to sign one last monster deal plus he would have never had the opportunity to put up 20 TD to increase his marketability.

If he forgoes a big contract, and resigns with us, then this is a moot point and your premise becomes correct. Just don't say it matter of factly.

Last edited:

A player doesn't put up Bedsloe's numbers without a deep desire to play. Don't criticize him because he doesn't want to come out of retirement and play for a losing team. Think back when he was putting up huge numbers for New England and you were on his bandwagon. I don't think he looks stupid, he had a good career and got a ring.

What's even funnier is watching people take a quote out of context and twist it to fit their petty agendas. It's always convenient to omit the follow up Bledsoe gave when asked about the quote:

"To say I didn't love football, that's way, way crazy," he responded. "Those were friends of mine who were putting together a literary journal and they asked if I would share my affection for a place that means a lot to me. I said it was the best time of year when I could be there, and it was very tough to leave it. It was purely about my affection for Montana. I guess some people twisted it and spun it, and felt that meant I didn't love to play football.

"I don't know where somebody gets that from. I love the game of football. My dream, for as long as I can remember, was to play in the NFL. I got to do that for 14 years and I loved most every minute of it."

Last edited:
Incorrect. In the short term he coughed up millions but that was to get to the Patriots and this is a place where he has the ability to post incredible numbers again and set up for a retirement contract if he chooses. If he played out his old contract, he would have been too old to sign one last monster deal plus he would have never had the opportunity to put up 20 TD to increase his marketability.

If he forgoes a big contract, and resigns with us, then this is a moot point and your premise becomes correct. Just don't say it matter of factly.

How am I incorrect? Moss gave up millions to join the Patriots, that is a fact.

So what if he wants a fair contract in 2008. Why should he not get back a few of the millions he gave up to come here?

You can't please all of the people all of the time. Randy owes the Patriots nothing once the year ends and his contract is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots