PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You know what grinds my gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriskanos

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Everytime I see a show or read an article, that starts with "Besides the Patriots, who is ...." These idiot former players(read jealous) on ESPNs crappy morning show were giving out midseason awards the other week minus of course the Pats. After all those years of not being mentioned because we were losing, now they use our dominance as an excuse to not talk about us. It's frickin infuriating! And you never once hear any mediot say..."Lets remove our lips from Favres @$$ for a minute and talk about....." Anyways I'm KrisKanos and that is what grinds my gears!

They are pissed off that we are not a media friendly team, and along with that most thought we would fail after spygate.

I quite like that. It is as though we are in a different league from everyone else. Just as it would be pointless to compare college players to NFL players, so it is pointless to compare non-Patriots players to Patriots players. :singing:

Lets see:

Best QB: Pats
Best WR: Pats
Best O-Line: Pats
Best Coach: Pats
Best LBers: Pats
Best overall Offense: Pats
Best Overall Defense: Pats (though I'm sure they could make an argumen for the Steelers)

I can see why it would get boring to hear this for other fans. I simply take it as them saying "Ok so the Pats would win everything but pretend they didn't exist, who are the second place awards given to"

Pretty flattering if you ask me.

They used to do this last year with the Colts before they started sucking in December.

you know what grinds my gears?

that the NFL and networks have scrubbed almost all Patriot players and team references from their commercials

that really grinds my gears

Gees, after years of being snubbed from Pro-Bowls because of their team play rather than individual accomplishments, now the mediots (love the term) are purposely excluding Patriots from the 'best' lists.

How about the Patriots exclude all non-Boston mediots from getting Super Bowl passes!

Lets see:

Best QB: Pats
Best WR: Pats
Best O-Line: Pats
Best Coach: Pats
Best LBers: Pats
Best overall Offense: Pats
Best Overall Defense: Pats (though I'm sure they could make an argument for the Steelers)

Pitching: Bugs Bunny
Right Field: Bug Bunny
Catching: Bugs Bunny
Third Base: Bugs Bunny
First Base: Bugs Bunny
(etc)

That cartoon rocks!

I've never heard more kudos for the Pats since I've been listening. Guys like Mike Greenberg can't say enough about them. He's got them picked to go undefeated (and he did that quite a while ago.) Chris Colliinsworth has not given them good support over the years, but he's really changed his tune this year.

I don't know how one team could dominate the discussion every day as much as these guys do on every national show. They come up in every discussion. The only question is how much air time can you give one team while you ignore the other 31?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes