PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You just dont know if they will be back, needed to sieze the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Ive been thru many 1-15 - 2-14 seaons in my early twenty's, and those were the carefree days... As we had one of the most succesful decade as always expectations are set very high... When this season began i figured a 9-7 10-6 team was realistic, with the youth on the team... But then Brady had a magical season, the team started to click, and here we are sitting for the taking... But then it came crashing down in 3 hrs...Losing in the playoffs stinks, no matter when it is, but it is what it is..

I think what ticks me off is , they did not take advatage of the chance they had for a historic season... It was a great regular season, but again a bitter offseason postseason pill to swallow... This offseason has so many questions, but it mostly centers around the whole cba, and lockout.. football is a passion of mine, and this team is a passion of mine, i hate the word lockout...So while 2 of our hated rivals move on, we are forced to say what could have been.. I hope the cba gets resolved so we can go and foucs on football, but now we will have to go and dupicate the reg season success, just to try to get back here again.. 14-2 homefield advantage for the pats dont come around to often, i wish they would have taken this opportunity, but hopefully next year and particurally next jan we are talking about different circumstances...

Nothing eats at you more than an opportunity lost. Wasting a #1 seed is just heart breaking. You know the worst thing about sports? We have to go through a whole season just to get back to where we were Sunday. Such a long haul, training camp, preseason, 16 games. Yes those are all fun, but just to get a chance at redemption it takes so long. This kinda feels like after the first game of 2008. I couldn't wait for that season to start so we could make up for SB 42. And then we all know how that turned out.

It's like climbing a mountain getting with a foot of the top and then sliding back all the way down so you have to start over from the very beginning again. No wonder it wears on these guys.

So the conclusion is, "Wahhh. It woulda been better to win than lose"?

Yes, that is definitely the case.

Keep the faith man, we'll be back.

I know it really sucks to lose after such a great season, but this happens regularly in football. I believe the '09 Saints and the '03 Pats are the only #1 seeds to win it all since 1999. The Super Bowl is by far the hardest title to win as a favorite. You have to win 3 straight games against elite competition without a single loss. No other sport requires that except NCAA basketball, and you really can't compare pro to college. This is why no team has 3-peated in the Superbowl era and it will probably be a long time before any team does.

In my eyes, the 2001 title where we had no business being that good makes up for 2007 and 2010. Considering how hard it is to win in the NFL, to have 3 titles when you've been a clear elite team in 4 seasons ('03, '04, '07' ,10) and a solid playoff team but not really thought of as a favorite ('01, '05, '06, '09) is above the average ratio for most teams that have had reasonable regular season success. The Steelers have been #1/#2 seeds how many times in the last 17 years (7 or 8 by my rough estimate) and have 2 titles to show for it. The Colts, Titans, and Eagles, no explanation needed.

One game at a time.

You need to progress, man. My anger honestly died by the end of the day yesterday. I've now progressed to the acceptance stage, I believe. We lost the divisional round. Yes, it sucks that we came out with no fight whatsoever. But it's not like we rolled into the Super Bowl at 18-0 and lost. Move on.

Who knows if they would of beaten the steelers & packers a 2nd time. It'll help if the packers destroy whoever makes it to the super bowl. Young team here, they are only going to get better next year.

What makes this season so crucial is that there is going to be a lockout and labor strike. The odds that there wont be any NFL football in 2011 grow every day.

It's like climbing a mountain getting with a foot of the top and then sliding back all the way down so you have to start over from the very beginning again. No wonder it wears on these guys.

They get to tap into their million $$$ bank accounts and zoom off to the tropics for a few weeks with their hot wives/girlfriends, eat at five-star restaurants, etc. WE have to shovel snow and look longingly at our unused AFCCG tickets. Fans have it much worse. :bricks::bricks::bricks:

I was worried about a letdown due to the youth, but my heart was set on being the ones to knock the Jets out.

What makes this season so crucial is that there is going to be a lockout and labor strike. The odds that there wont be any NFL football in 2011 grow every day.

Here's the thing: neither side wants to be the one to "cave", but neither side can afford to be the one to make the first attack. Whichever side makes the first punitive move (lockout/strike) will take a big hit in the PR battle.

OTOH, I also think that, if time stretches on, you're going to see a lot of pressure put on both sides to get a deal done. [Remember, there are a few senators who are Patriots fans who'd hate to see a season get canceled. . . .]

They lost in their first playoff game, not even the AFCCG or the Super Bowl.

I mean, YES, I expect them to return back the playoffs. Yes I do.

Here's the thing: neither side wants to be the one to "cave", but neither side can afford to be the one to make the first attack. Whichever side makes the first punitive move (lockout/strike) will take a big hit in the PR battle.

OTOH, I also think that, if time stretches on, you're going to see a lot of pressure put on both sides to get a deal done. [Remember, there are a few senators who are Patriots fans who'd hate to see a season get canceled. . . .]

Dont look now, but the first shot has been fired.

The decision will be appealed by either side. I dont beleive time is on the side of an NFL 2011 season at all. The players are not budging from being against extending the season to 18 games and giving more money to the owners.

NFLPA files collusion case against NFL teams

Dont look now, but the first shot has been fired.

The decision will be appealed by either side. I dont beleive time is on the side of an NFL 2011 season at all. The players are not budging from being against extending the season to 18 games and giving more money to the owners.

NFLPA files collusion case against NFL teams

The last CBA negotiation looked like it was going to collapse, too.

And, also, please note that I'm referring specifically to a strike and/or lockout. This sort of move isn't going to make much of a splash. Owners locking out players, or NFL players going on strike is a top story on the evening news, and in this climate, whichever side does that is just going to be painted as overly greedy.

And, also, please note that I'm referring specifically to a strike and/or lockout. This sort of move isn't going to make much of a splash. Owners locking out players, or NFL players going on strike is a top story on the evening news, and in this climate, whichever side does that is just going to be painted as overly greedy.

Its not going to bring both sides to the middle either.

If you believe otherwise. Great! .

For me the worst part of a lockout (besides the lockout) will be that our last game was a loss to the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes