You guys need to rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• sucks2.jpg
    sucks2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 95
SteelCity said:
Ok NE fans.......... I can see that you guys are upset. Why else would you be minimizing the loss of players who you were bragging about just a couple of months ago?

Minimizing losses? We've lost quality players in the past, too. We've usually made up the difference (last year was pretty bad, though). I'm confident there's a good chance that will happen again this year.

In Bill We Trust

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm at all happy with the last couple of weeks in the Patriot Nation...While Steel City has some very valid points about the significance of our losses, another poster was correct in listing all of the Steelers' defections, and we all know how their season ended.

Right now, our faith in BB is being tested, but I'm going to hold off any critique until we see the product on the field next year...after Lawyer left in '03, I'm leery of questioning the decision making at Gillette...but it would certainly help to see a flare, a sign, a smoke signal, or something that shows there are people on the job out there (Keyshawn?)

SteelCity said:
Did you read my response? Didn't I just get done saying that Kimo was a significant loss?

Randel El had 35 catches last year............. 1 TD........ he sucks as a #2 period. I'm glad we didn't resign him because to do so would mean you would have to make him your #2. Randel El as a #2 is unacceptable.

I read your response. Too bad I was in the process of writing my other message when you posted it.

Now, as for how many catche El had. Again, talk about MINIMIZING a player. Hines Ward only had 69 catches as your number 1. Your team only had 228 completions on the YEAR. They only threw to Randle-El 69 times. He had 3 drops. So, forgive me for not knocking the guy because your teams offense didn't go to him.

SteelCity said:
Ok NE fans.......... I can see that you guys are upset. Why else would you be minimizing the loss of players who you were bragging about just a couple of months ago?

SteelCity - You come in here trolling and you think we are minimizing players. Damn, just take your ignorance and leave already.

vinatieriskickisgood said:
I'm not going to lie and say that I'm at all happy with the last couple of weeks in the Patriot Nation...While Steel City has some very valid points about the significance of our losses, another poster was correct in listing all of the Steelers' defections, and we all know how their season ended.

Right now, our faith in BB is being tested, but I'm going to hold off any critique until we see the product on the field next year...after Lawyer left in '03, I'm leery of questioning the decision making at Gillette...but it would certainly help to see a flare, a sign, a smoke signal, or something that shows there are people on the job out there (Keyshawn?)

Another smart partiot fan who doesn't get all emotional and hurl insults to a legitimate point made by a steeler fan.

DaBruinz said:
I read your response. Too bad I was in the process of writing my other message when you posted it.

Now, as for how many catche El had. Again, talk about MINIMIZING a player. Hines Ward only had 69 catches as your number 1. Your team only had 228 completions on the YEAR. They only threw to Randle-El 69 times. He had 3 drops. So, forgive me for not knocking the guy because your teams offense didn't go to him.

Sorry but I gotta laugh at you dude. :D

You are one of these guys who is obviously all shook up about your losses and it shows by the way you are trying to manufacture a steeler equivalent with this randel el BS.

Randel El is not a #1 and he is not a #2. He is a small receiver who is great from the slot but is a joke outside the hashes.

Why do you have such a hard time being honest? I told you that I think Kimo is a significant loss. Its like you're in denial. My advice to you is to calm down and try not to take this game so seriously. Try to be objective rather than looking at the game through patriot colored glasses.

Because that would help.

SteelCity said:
My point exactly......... after losing guys like that, we had serious problems....

And you can expect problems now.

You always had throat problems. Nothing to do with those players.

Be thankful you limped in once while the Pats had an off year.

Really exciting Super Bowl too. :rolleyes:

RayClay said:
You always had throat problems. Nothing to do with those players.

Be thankful you limped in once while the Pats had an off year.

Limped in? Is that what you call the greatest playoff run ever? Its almost as if some of you pat fans are living in a different world the way some of you guys talk.

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
Limped in? Is that what you call the greatest playoff run ever? Its almost as if some of you pat fan are living in a different world the way some of you guys talk.

Greatest play-off run ever? *ROFLMAO* Damn. Delusioned as ever.

BTW, you were trollying. You weren't making a legitimate point.

DaBruinz said:

I do believe the steelers became the first ever 6 seed to win it all. In addition, their final 4 reg season games were all must win.....

Since I'm delusioned to say this is the best playoff run ever, why don't you enlighten me and tell of a better one?

Actually I feel sorry for you. Its obvious that I'm talkin to a wounded dude.

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:

TROLLING aside, it was a pretty good playoff run. They beat Denver -- something we couldn't do in two tries last year and they went up to Indy and won in their house.

I hate the Steelers and think their SB game was tainted but how they got there was pretty impressive.

SoonerPatriot said:
TROLLING aside, it was a pretty good playoff run. They beat Denver -- something we couldn't do in two tries last year and they went up to Indy and won in their house.

I hate the Steelers and think their SB game was tainted but how they got there was pretty impressive.

Another honest patriot fan.

Apologies for not contributing to the bashing. But it does occur to me that it's interesting that both the Patriots and Steelers lost #2 receivers to other teams willing to give them big bucks. Gosh, other teams seem to overspend on some players. Doesn't seem to be doing them much good, though :)

SteelCity said:
Sorry but I gotta laugh at you dude. :D

You are one of these guys who is obviously all shook up about your losses and it shows by the way you are trying to manufacture a steeler equivalent with this randel el BS.

Randel El is not a #1 and he is not a #2. He is a small receiver who is great from the slot but is a joke outside the hashes.

Why do you have such a hard time being honest? I told you that I think Kimo is a significant loss. Its like you're in denial. My advice to you is to calm down and try not to take this game so seriously. Try to be objective rather than looking at the game through patriot colored glasses.

Because that would help.

SteelCity -
I don't have a hard time being honest. It would seem that you are the one with that problem.

I am not "all shook up" over all the losses. But I wouldn't expect someone as ignorant as you have shown yourself to understand that. There is no denial on my part. I understand what the Patriots lost. I have followed this team since 1982. Been throught the best and worst.

I never said that Randle-El was a #1. I said he was a legit #2 in an offense that didn't pass alot and had a mediocre QB at the helm.

The only thing that would help is people like yourself not posting idiocy like the Patriots need to rebuild. Here's a news flash for you since you are too ignorant to actually do some homework on your own.

The Patriots have a TON of fantastic young talent. Just on defense, they have Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Wilson, Green, Samuel, and Hobbs. They also still have some great veteren talent in Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel and Colvin. So, forgive me if I feel that the Patriots can overcome the loss of Willie McGinest.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Whether the Pats move Vrabel back to OLB opposite Colvin or they bring in a rookie like Lawson, I have no doubt they can compensate for McGinest being gone.

On offense, the Patriots have Koppen, Mankins and Kaczue who are 27 or younger. Matt Light is a good LT. Then there are Daniel Graham and Ben Watson. Not to mention Tom Brady, Corey Dillon and Kevin Faulk.

As for Givens, I don't know what the Pats will do. But they have 2 great young Tight Ends in Graham and Watson who should help pick up the slack. There are still some very good young WRs available in free agency and I beleive that there are some good draft picks who could come in and have some impact as a #4 receiver.

And its only the 2nd full week of free agency. Its not like the season starts tomorrow. I'm not like you who acts like the Patriots are in disarray and need to "REBUILD." I don't over-react and pretend that the sky is falling. I understand that every year players go and players come in. And the core changes slightly as younger players get better and step in. I'm not ignorant in believing that a team of 53 players that loses a handful of players is all of a sudden going to be out of contention. See, I watched the Pats put 4 starters and 7 reserve players on the IR last year, 6 of them defensive backs they started the year with. And, by the end of the year, the Pats defense was playing pretty damn well.

Oh, and just as a reminder. I was here in 2001 when the Patriots went out and signed Patten, Johnson, Emanuel, and Small to compliment Troy Brown. I also know that year they didn't have 2 well rounded TEs like Watson and Graham. They had Rod Rutledge who was strictly a run blocker and they had Jermaine Wiggins, who was almost strictly a pass catcher. So, I don't expect this team to fall apart offensively if they don't have Givens as the #2 receiver and Brown as their #3.

arrellbee said:
Apologies for not contributing to the bashing. But it does occur to me that it's interesting that both the Patriots and Steelers lost #2 receivers to other teams willing to give them big bucks. Gosh, other teams seem to overspend on some players. Doesn't seem to be doing them much good, though :)

Dan Snyder paying randel el 31 million is insane. He's a better big game reciever than plaxico burress but that aint sayin much.

Randel El as your #2 isn't such a great thing. He's small and lacks deep speed.

SteelCity said:
I do believe the steelers became the first ever 6 seed to win it all. In addition, their final 4 reg season games were all must win.....

Since I'm delusioned to say this is the best playoff run ever, why don't you enlighten me and tell of a better one?

Actually I feel sorry for you. Its obvious that I'm talkin to a wounded dude.

Sorry, but I feel the Pats run in 2003 was better. Why? Hmm.. Probably because it was part of the 21 straight game winning streak they put together. Yes, I am biased. But that's part of being a fan.

As for being wounded, being telling yourself that. Its not the truth nor will it ever be.

DaBruinz said:
SteelCity -
I don't have a hard time being honest. It would seem that you are the one with that problem.

I am not "all shook up" over all the losses. But I wouldn't expect someone as ignorant as you have shown yourself to understand that. There is no denial on my part. I understand what the Patriots lost. I have followed this team since 1982. Been throught the best and worst.

I never said that Randle-El was a #1. I said he was a legit #2 in an offense that didn't pass alot and had a mediocre QB at the helm.

The only thing that would help is people like yourself not posting idiocy like the Patriots need to rebuild. Here's a news flash for you since you are too ignorant to actually do some homework on your own.

The Patriots have a TON of fantastic young talent. Just on defense, they have Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Wilson, Green, Samuel, and Hobbs. They also still have some great veteren talent in Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel and Colvin. So, forgive me if I feel that the Patriots can overcome the loss of Willie McGinest.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Whether the Pats move Vrabel back to OLB opposite Colvin or they bring in a rookie like Lawson, I have no doubt they can compensate for McGinest being gone.

On offense, the Patriots have Koppen, Mankins and Kaczue who are 27 or younger. Matt Light is a good LT. Then there are Daniel Graham and Ben Watson. Not to mention Tom Brady, Corey Dillon and Kevin Faulk.

As for Givens, I don't know what the Pats will do. But they have 2 great young Tight Ends in Graham and Watson who should help pick up the slack. There are still some very good young WRs available in free agency and I beleive that there are some good draft picks who could come in and have some impact as a #4 receiver.

And its only the 2nd full week of free agency. Its not like the season starts tomorrow. I'm not like you who acts like the Patriots are in disarray and need to "REBUILD." I don't over-react and pretend that the sky is falling. I understand that every year players go and players come in. And the core changes slightly as younger players get better and step in. I'm not ignorant in believing that a team of 53 players that loses a handful of players is all of a sudden going to be out of contention. See, I watched the Pats put 4 starters and 7 reserve players on the IR last year, 6 of them defensive backs they started the year with. And, by the end of the year, the Pats defense was playing pretty damn well.

Oh, and just as a reminder. I was here in 2001 when the Patriots went out and signed Patten, Johnson, Emanuel, and Small to compliment Troy Brown. I also know that year they didn't have 2 well rounded TEs like Watson and Graham. They had Rod Rutledge who was strictly a run blocker and they had Jermaine Wiggins, who was almost strictly a pass catcher. So, I don't expect this team to fall apart offensively if they don't have Givens as the #2 receiver and Brown as their #3.

You left off Branch. The only decent WR we have.

DaBruinz said:
SteelCity -

See, the players that you lost were not just a cogs in the proverbial machine. They were difference makers. I'm glad you feel that the pats have young talent all over the place but nobody else thinks so. Forgive me if I don't think ellis hobbs and company are the studs you hope they'll be.

Wille is a big time player.

Givens is a big time player.

Adam V is a big time player.

And you give me Hobbs????? Hobbs?????

Ok dude. Its time for all of us to get some sleep. Hobbs???? Yeah, you definitely need some rest.

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
See, the player that you lost were not just a cogs in the proverbial machine. They were difference makers. I'm glad you feel that the pats have young talent all over the place but nobody else things so. Forgive me if I don't think ellis hobbs and company are the studs you hope they'll be.

Wille is a big time player.

Givens is a big time player.

Adam V is a big time player.

And you give me Hobbs????? Hobbs?????

Ok dude. Its time for all of us to get some sleep. Hobbs???? Yeah, you definitely need some rest.

Actually, I think he needs to get laid or perhaps some serious, serious meds. A lot of anger issues with that guy for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back