PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You guys need to rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsWorldChamps said:
actually, the word is "opinion".. plus, you just lost your #2 WR, your #1 RB, you have no QB.. in all fairness, you douches lost 3 playoffs games this season... just shut up, your team sucks.

:D No qb?

Thats funny. I guess I'm just talking to the little kids now.

Randel El was a #3 at best.

Bettis hasn't been a #1 in a few years.

You guys got problems............. not us. Lets get that straight.

We are the champs. You guys are now rebuilding.

BelichickFan said:
We lost our #2 WR (as did you, btw), a 34 year old OLB who'll be missed but we have Vrabel and Colvin and a kicker who was 4-8 from 40+ last year.

BFD.
This says it all. Perspective. If we were'nt so sucessful this would not even be news. Agree?

CrazyDave said:
This says it all. Perspective. If we were'nt so sucessful this would not even be news. Agree?

If those 3 guys weren't on the patriots, pats wouldn't have been sucessful. Agree?

CrazyDave said:
but please don't encourage him.
CrazyDave ends up being not so Crazy after all :)

RayClay said:
O'Donnell, Hardy Nickerson, Merril Hoge, Gary Anderson, Eric Green, Leon Searcy, Chad Brown, Rod Woodson, Yancey Thigpen, Carnell Lake, John Jackson

ouch... those names must sting any squeeler fan....

i just think any team that loses the great ARE, AND the bus in the same season must be worried!

In all seriousness though, who can possibly replace those championship calibur players?

I pretty much said all I needed to say. Some of you guys are getting all upset, getting on my case for coming to your board to get some feedback about these losses. The first response I get, some guy drops an f-bomb on me... real classy.

SteelCity said:
In all seriousness though, who can possibly replace those championship calibur players?

I pretty much said all I needed to say. Some of you guys are getting all upset, getting on my case for coming to your board to get some feedback about these losses. The first response I get, some guy drops an f-bomb on me... real classy.
who replaces the bus? who replaces the best #2 WR of all time? sell your steelers tix, cause you dogs are in trouble.

PatsWorldChamps said:
ouch... those names must sting any squeeler fan....

i just think any team that loses the great ARE, AND the bus in the same season must be worried!

ARE and the Bus............ I wanted ARE demoted at the mid point of the season. The Bus....... same deal. He's a great steeler but his time is long past.

Are you capable of being rational about these things? Becuase if so, I like to see it.

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
I don't know what to say..... you are actually acting as if these losses aren't a big deal. You just lost 3 of your core players. You no longer have 3 of the more clutch performers to rely on.

Don't be shocked when you lose those close games that you always used to win. I'm no patriot fan but I respect their organization and their team. And I don't see how anybody can think losing these guys is ok.
Well, I hear you. And certainly it is sensible to wonder if several players might be THE key players that might make the difference in a few games in the win column or in the playoffs. However, what's hard to figure is how somehow or another folks look at, for example, 2 players out of 22 starters as being THE key players. When you look at it, David Givens is at best a solid #2 receiver. And Willie is a 34 year old linebacker where half a step really DOES make the difference in making key plays. 2 players out of 22 starters. Wouldn't you think that there is a quite reasonable possibility that the Pats can fill those two positions before the start of the season ? Belichick and Pioli have shown themselves pretty good at that in the past - in fact, VERY successful at adding key players. Might they not be able to it this season ? Sure, but I think there is much more reason to think that they will do it again this season than not.

SteelCity said:
If those 3 guys weren't on the patriots, pats wouldn't have been sucessful. Agree?

No. The Pats are successful because they are a TEAM. No player is above the Team. Those 3 players did not make us successful. ALL of our players made us successful. And that is why we will continue to be successful.
Adam did not protect Brady. Willie did not return punts (ouch, that one must smart)Givens did not intercept Big Ben for a TD.
Get it friend?

arrellbee said:
Well, I hear you. And certainly it is sensible to wonder if several players might be THE key players that might make the difference in a few games in the win column or in the playoffs. However, what's hard to figure is how somehow or another folks look at, for example, 2 players out of 22 starters as being THE key players. When you look at it, David Givens is at best a solid #2 receiver. And Willie is a 34 year old linebacker where half a step really DOES make the difference in making key plays. 2 players out of 22 starters. Wouldn't you think that there is a quite reasonable possibility that the Pats can fill those two positions before the start of the season ? Belichick and Pioli have shown themselves pretty good at that in the past - in fact, VERY successful at adding key players. Might they not be able to it this season ? Sure, but I think there is much more reason to think that they will do it again this season than not.

Good post.

Rather than just getting all emotional and hurling insults at me, like your buddies did, you put forth a logical argument.

I think the pats will try to find replacements but it won't be easy. Willie, although older, is still one of the best pass rushers in the league, especially in big games. Adam V, is the best clutch kicker in NFL history. And Givens is as dependable as they come in big games.

While there are other great players on the patriots roster, those 3 were huge. It will be a hard task to replace those guys.

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
I can't believe all they key guys you guys have just lost.........

Givins is such a big game receiver.

Willie is huge in big games..... he causes so much havoc rushing the passer from just about any front 7 position. He is another big gamer.

Adam V.......... This guy's big game credentials are outstanding.

I hope nobody get offended by my post because I was just thinking about how great those players were in big games. Losing one of those guys would be a huge loss but losing all of them???? Wow....

*ROFLMAO* I'm sorry. A Steeler fan coming onto the pats board telling the Pats they need to rebuild because of the number of people they've lost.

I'm sorry, did I just miss the Steelers losing Randel El, Kimo Von Oelhoffen, and Chris Hope? Plus they haven't re-signed Quincy Morgan. They only added Ryan Clark and Rodney Bailey. Oooooo....

DaBruinz said:
*ROFLMAO* I'm sorry. A Steeler fan coming onto the pats board telling the Pats they need to rebuild because of the number of people they've lost.

I'm sorry, did I just miss the Steelers losing Randel El, Kimo Von Oelhoffen, and Chris Hope? Plus they haven't re-signed Quincy Morgan. They only added Ryan Clark and Rodney Bailey. Oooooo....

Well you can laugh but Randel El is a #3 receiver in this league. He is a good punt returner and is versatile but Randel El should never be your #2, which he was for the steelers last year. Especially for 31 million dollars. Kimo is a big loss, but the reason he wasn't resigned is because his replacement, Keisel, was signed instead.

See, I think Kimo is a significant loss, all be it the only significant steeler loss. Why is it that patriot fans can't admit acknowledge the big losses they just suffered?

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
:D No qb?

Thats funny. I guess I'm just talking to the little kids now.

Randel El was a #3 at best.

Bettis hasn't been a #1 in a few years.

You guys got problems............. not us. Lets get that straight.

We are the champs. You guys are now rebuilding.

*ROFLMAO*

Did you watch Steeler games last year? Randel El was your #2 WR. Talk about MINIMIZING a player.

Bettis was your short yardage backer and losing his leadership hurts.

What about Kimo Von Oelhoffen? Or are you going to minimize him too?

You can be ignorant if you want, but the Patriots aren't in as bad of shape as you claim.

And, if you and Sooner paid ANY attention to production, you'd know that Adam was going down in a very critical factor. His Kickoffs have been getting worse and worse the last 2 years and its hurting the team.

Yes, Willie will be missed. Just as Kimo will be missed for the Steelers.

As for Givens, he'll be missed also. However, he wasn't worth what he got paid. He's not a #1 WR.

In all seriousness though, I can see that a lot of you guys are pretty upset about me posting here.

To you, let me say: Calm down. Its just a game. Try not to take it so seriously.

SteelCity said:
Well you can laugh but Randel El is a #3 receiver in this league. He is a good punt returner and is versatile but Randel El should never be your #2, which he was for the steelers last year. Especially for 31 million dollars. Kimo is a big loss, but the reason he wasn't resigned is because his replacement, Keisel, was signed instead.

See, I think Kimo is a significant loss, all be it the only significant steeler loss. Why is it that patriot fans can't admit acknowledge the big losses they just suffered?
Maybe we know this team better than you, and we don't think they are as big a losses as you do.
How's that?
maybe you think they are more significant than we do, to put it a different way.

arrellbee said:

You're being sensible, Arrelbee. Stop, you might confuse the Steeler fan.

Maybe if the rest of the TEAM does'nt get to a big game, then AV's kick is not a big deal. etc. etc. Certainly you can't be this obtuse.

DaBruinz said:
*ROFLMAO*

Did you watch Steeler games last year? Randel El was your #2 WR. Talk about MINIMIZING a player.

Bettis was your short yardage backer and losing his leadership hurts.

What about Kimo Von Oelhoffen? Or are you going to minimize him too?

You can be ignorant if you want, but the Patriots aren't in as bad of shape as you claim.

And, if you and Sooner paid ANY attention to production, you'd know that Adam was going down in a very critical factor. His Kickoffs have been getting worse and worse the last 2 years and its hurting the team.

Yes, Willie will be missed. Just as Kimo will be missed for the Steelers.

As for Givens, he'll be missed also. However, he wasn't worth what he got paid. He's not a #1 WR.

Did you read my response? Didn't I just get done saying that Kimo was a significant loss?

Randel El had 35 catches last year............. 1 TD........ he sucks as a #2 period. I'm glad we didn't resign him because to do so would mean you would have to make him your #2. Randel El as a #2 is unacceptable.

Ok NE fans.......... I can see that you guys are upset. Why else would you be minimizing the loss of players who you were bragging about just a couple of months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back