PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You guys need to rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity

On the Roster
Reaction score
I can't believe all they key guys you guys have just lost.........

Givins is such a big game receiver.

Willie is huge in big games..... he causes so much havoc rushing the passer from just about any front 7 position. He is another big gamer.

Adam V.......... This guy's big game credentials are outstanding.

I hope nobody get offended by my post because I was just thinking about how great those players were in big games. Losing one of those guys would be a huge loss but losing all of them???? Wow....

Last edited:
You need to STFU.

funny post... givens=barely a #2 nfl WR.. willie=oldest LB in the NFL... sorry, career over...AV= LOL... 2 kicks... that's it... great move to dump him.

BelichickFan said:
You need to STFU.

What's wrong with you dude?........ then again, considering what has just happened to your team, I think I can figure out why you're in such a foul mood.

PatsWorldChamps said:
funny post... givens=barely a #2 nfl WR.. willie=oldest LB in the NFL... sorry, career over...AV= LOL... 2 kicks... that's it... great move to dump him.

You actually think that losing those guys is not a big deal?

Willie may be the oldest LB in the league but he is an amazing situational pass rusher. If he was washed up, believe me no team would have been after him, much less give him a big contract.

Last edited:
What's wrong with me is you act like we lost Brady, Branch and Seymour.

We lost our #2 WR (as did you, btw), a 34 year old OLB who'll be missed but we have Vrabel and Colvin and a kicker who was 4-8 from 40+ last year.

BFD.

How many SBs would we have had he not been around to make those two kicks you so casually dismiss?

We shouldn't have overpaid for him. And we didn't. But this BS that his career came down to two good kicks is just plain childish, no? Okay, maybe irrational.

Anyway, when it comes down to it, and we've got Joe Blow kicker lining up for the game winner in an important game next season, you could stick a lump of coal up your ass and make a diamond you'll be so puckered up. Deny it all you want, be deep down in your marrow you'll be thinking, damn, I know AV would make this kick....but this guy....

BelichickFan said:
What's wrong with me is you act like we lost Brady, Branch and Seymour.

We lost our #2 WR (as did you, btw), a 34 year old OLB who'll be missed but we have Vrabel and Colvin and a kicker who was 4-8 from 40+ last year.

BFD.

exactly... finally someone gets it.

SoonerPatriot said:
How many SBs would we have had he not been around to make those two kicks you so casually dismiss?

We shouldn't have overpaid for him. And we didn't. But this BS that his career came down to two good kicks is just plain childish, no? Okay, maybe irrational.

Anyway, when it comes down to it, and we've got Joe Blow kicker lining up for the game winner in an important game next season, you could stick a lump of coal up your ass and make a diamond you'll be so puckered up. Deny it all you want, be deep down in your marrow you'll be thinking, damn, I know AV would make this kick....but this guy....
but this guy.... might be better than an undrafted, overaged kicker, who had NO distance on his kicks; who forced BB to punt on 40+ yard kicks, the last 2+ years? lol.. this is the smartest move since BB dumped law's @ss.

Belichickfan....

I have always been very impressed with those 3 guys. In my opionion they were critical to the pats success in recent years.

I don't get how anybody can act like losing these 3 is nothing.....

Do you really think givens isn't a big deal? I think the guy is a heck of a posession receiver.

That 34 year old LB you speak of is a terror as a situation pass rusher. How many sacks did he register against the Jags? 3? 4?.... yeah... he's real washed up.

And how can you minimize your kicker? That's just insane.

Last edited:
Oh, gosh, SteelCity. The Patriots have cut loose or lost lots of players since 2001 - and still were able to hand the Steelers their lunch several times. Were you one of those folks who paid for their hotel reservations in New Orleans ? The Steelers have been pretty sensible about not overpaying a lot of players, too. It finally worked pretty well for you folks, I think !!

We'll see you next fall. It will be interesting what you think then.

Cheers.

p.s. Don't worry about us. We'll do just fine !!

PatsWorldChamps said:
exactly... finally someone gets it.
Well, I hate to say it again, but here goes...

Bingo! We got Bingo!

Oh, and, this guy seems nice enough, but please don't encourage him.
(nothing personal)

SteelCity said:
Look, trollboy, I didn't say they weren't losses, they just aren't catastrophic and we have plenty of time and money to make some moves ourselves.

Move along.

PatsWorldChamps said:
but this guy.... might be better than an undrafted, overaged kicker, who had NO distance on his kicks; who forced BB to punt on 40+ yard kicks, the last 2+ years? lol.. this is the smartest move since BB dumped law's @ss.

Nah. It's a move they would have preferred not to make but did because their principles told them they had to. Had the money been right on both sides, AV would still be here and nobody would be saying he's a stiff, traitor, douchebag etc. That is a cold, hard fact.

Like I said, there will come a time next year when this move will be put to the test. It won't be in March, when his contributions to the team can be dismissed out of anger or by simply being cavalier.

If we sign someone who can make big kicks in big games and isn't a chronic choker it was a good move. An excellent move. If we hitch our wagon to someone who turns out to be a Doug Brien type then it's going to cost us. It really is that simple. Either way the answer won't come now.

arrellbee said:
Oh, gosh, SteelCity. The Patriots have cut loose or lost lots of players since 2001 - and still were able to hand the Steelers their lunch several times. Were you one of those folks who paid for their hotel reservations in New Orleans ? The Steelers have been pretty sensible about not overpaying a lot of players, too. It finally worked pretty well for you folks, I think !!

We'll see you next fall. It will be interesting what you think then.

Cheers.

p.s. Don't worry about us. We'll do just fine !!

I don't know what to say..... you are actually acting as if these losses aren't a big deal. You just lost 3 of your core players. You no longer have 3 of the more clutch performers to rely on.

Don't be shocked when you lose those close games that you always used to win. I'm no patriot fan but I respect their organization and their team. And I don't see how anybody can think losing these guys is ok.

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
Belichickfan....

I have always been very impressed with those 3 guys. In my opionion they were critical to the pats success in recent years.

Do you really think givens isn't a big deal? I think the guy is a heck of a posession receiver.

That 34 year old LB you speak of is a terror as a situation pass rusher. How many sacks did he register against the Jags? 3? 4?.... yeah... he's real washed up.

O'Donnell, Hardy Nickerson, Merril Hoge, Gary Anderson, Eric Green, Leon Searcy, Chad Brown, Rod Woodson, Yancey Thigpen, Carnell Lake, John Jackson

SteelCity said:
I don't know what to say..... you are actually acting as if these losses aren't a big deal. You just lost 3 of your core players. You no longer have 3 of the more clutch performers to rely on.

Don't be shocked when you lose those close games that you always used to win. I'm no patriot fan but I respect their organization an their team. And I don't see how anybody can think losing these guys is ok.

Steel- you picked a pretty bad day to drop by. It's pretty much hysterics all around.

SteelCity said:
Belichickfan....

actually, the word is "opinion".. plus, you just lost your #2 WR, your #1 RB, you have no QB.. in all fairness, you douches lost 3 playoffs games this season... just shut up, your team sucks.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
O'Donnell, Hardy Nickerson, Merril Hoge, Gary Anderson, Eric Green, Leon Searcy, Chad Brown, Rod Woodson, Yancey Thigpen, Carnell Lake, John Jackson

My point exactly......... after losing guys like that, we had serious problems....

And you can expect problems now.

I for one think they are big losses, but I am not ready to jump off a bridge. It's not like we are going into the season with a 46 man roster. We have plenty of money and between now and the start of the season we'll make more changes.

Judge it then.

BTW, bad day to drop by with your 'oh gosh' routine, but I don't think you meant to be malicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes