PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You guys kicked our A$#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanfrom1960 said:
I think I heard that around Boston a few times too. :p

I'd say Byron Leftwich has a helluva strong, and accurate arm, and is really tough all around. Is there going to be a full blown QB controversy in Jax with Garrard there, or is Byron the man?

We will try to get a 1st round pick for Garrard which they will not get.They had a 3rd offer last year. Our 3rd string guy is VERY GOOD Quinn Gray.

I say we get a 2nd for Garrard

warjag said:
We will try to get a 1st round pick for Garrard which they will not get.They had a 3rd offer last year. Our 3rd string guy is VERY GOOD Quinn Gray.

I like Jax and Jack Del Rio, and Byron seems to be a class guy, but is he beginning to look like a career injury type guy? As big and strong as he is, I would hope not, but look at Steve McNair. So maybe you keep Garrard as insurance. Good luck to you guys.

warjag said:
Beat the heck out of everyone. Drill them. Just like you did my Jags. Del Rio made the worst mistake in his coaching life. He went with gimp QB when he had a hot one .

You still would have won. :mad:

I think he did go with the wrong QB but its tough to say

At the point that Garrard was in the game the Pats were solely in a prevent Defense... willing to give up 10, 20, even 30 yards, just as long as the TD was prevented

Garrard was able to take advantage of this and run

Leftwich obviously found his groove - and it was a pretty good groove - but it took more than one full quarter... and the Patriots 2nd half adjustments contained him after that

I came away pretty impressed with the Jaguars Defense - those are some specimins you've got on your team WarJag... and thanks for the props... classy!

warjag said:

warjag, any thought to hold on to Garrard and deal Leftwich? I say this because I have an e-pal in Jax who told me on Monday he preferred Garrard to start last night over Leftwich. From what I saw last night, I have to agree. I know Leftwich has a lot of talent, but I thought Garrard looked better last night, and had he been in there WMG would not have set the sack records he did. Just wondering, I almost never see Jax on TV at all.

Bob G

bobgeorge said:
warjag, any thought to hold on to Garrard and deal Leftwich? I say this because I have an e-pal in Jax who told me on Monday he preferred Garrard to start last night over Leftwich. From what I saw last night, I have to agree. I know Leftwich has a lot of talent, but I thought Garrard looked better last night, and had he been in there WMG would not have set the sack records he did. Just wondering, I almost never see Jax on TV at all.

Bob G

The Jags have a decision to make this off-season and trading Leftwich wouldn't be a shock to me. For all of the praise heaped on Leftwich, the thing that stuck out to me was how glaringly long it took to get his passes off. It occurred to me during the game that he was similar to Bledsoe in two regards....big and lumbering, and an incredibly slow release. He will get slower and more injured with age...trading him while he has value isn't a bad idea.

The Jets will just miss out on Leinart and Young, and the rumor was that they may be looking to trade for Rivers. With the injury to Brees, that idea may be out the window...would the Jets trade their #1 for Leftwich?

Last edited:
Looking a the Jags roster, they have a lot of good young talent. They are a team on the rise and should be good for quite a while.

Looks like the Jags had several guys playing with casts, and of course, Leftwich was his usual warrior self. I always admired how tough he was, I remember when he was in college, and his Marshall linemen had to carry him to the line if they got 10 yards or more. Right after telling my dad that story, they showed it on last nights broadcast. The Jags have a tough, YOUNG, up and coming team who just happened to run into a pissed off dynasty, who knows how to make halftime adjustments and how to win in the playoffs, no offense to Jag fans.

Their board was fine this morning...

Mosi Moose said:
i can't get even on their message board. pathetic losers. Warjag--you're a class act. can't say the same for the rest of your fans base. embarrasing losers.

though I was only reading. There were classless Pats fans posting there. Maybe they closed the board to trolls like we talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes