PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You guys are not 5 point underdogs for nothing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinsandiego

On the Roster
Reaction score
the PATS have many problems to face on Sunday.

HERE IS THE BIGGEST:

with the home crowd pushing our defense your O will not be able to deal with our front 5 at the start of the game. You will see this right from
the start and you will know we are not the Jets. Brady wont have time
to sit in the pocket. He has many tricks but Marty has your number
as shown last year. Our defense is not the Ravans but for one huge
game they can raise to a very high level.

Remember the Denver game where you guys choked?
well we scored 86 points on them this year!

dont forget you are 5 point dogs in vegas for a reason!

Denver owns us, Shannahan owns us. No matter how bad they are they have a good shot at beating us, so it wasn't a choke job by any stretch, especially when you compare it to your coach's playoff experiences.

We know you guys are the better team on paper, and no one (at least us smart ones :D) is writing this off as a win for us.
Last years game means absolutely nothing. Warren wasn't the player he is now, we had effing Monty Beisel at MLB and Duane Starks at corner, and an inexperience Mangini at defensive coordinator.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try to say the crowd will be the difference though. SD fans are a joke at the stadium.

HERE IS THE BIGGEST:

with the home crowd pushing our defense your O will not be able to deal with our front 5 at the start of the game. You will see this right from

Jets ave scoring defense: 18.4

SD ave scoring defense: 18.9

NE ave scoring defense: 14.8

if one team is going to display a winning defense in this game, it is far more likely to be NE

you can go back to the pep rally now

San Diego is no way louder than other teams. One of the loudest is the Steelers.

That's true: to make money. They want equal amounts bet, they want a LOT of money to be bet. They want the MAXIMUM possible money to be bet.

The Pats are 13-4; the Bolts are 14-2.

The Pats are away; the Bolts are home.

The Pats have fewer "stars" with names that buzz the crowd, but we have BB, we have Brady, we have a staff and a team that is on the same page, and that have won 3 Supes in 4 years.

So, all things considered, the Bolts are 5 point faves. Lesser lights than Einstein could expect that.

//

The Point Spred is for Betting only. It so they can get people to bet on both teams. Most people "believe" the chargers will win and "give" the points.
If they had them 12 pt favorite nobody would take them
The bookies want a even bet across the field.

Denver owns us, Shannahan owns us. No matter how bad they are they have a good shot at beating us, so it wasn't a choke job by any stretch, especially when you compare it to your coach's playoff experiences.

We know you guys are the better team on paper, and no one (at least us smart ones :D) is writing this off as a win for us.
Last years game means absolutely nothing. Warren wasn't the player he is now, we had effing Monty Beisel at MLB and Duane Starks at corner, and an inexperience Mangini at defensive coordinator.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try to say the crowd will be the difference though. SD fans are a joke at the stadium.

I know what you are saying about the crowd but this year is different.
the fans are really fired up and you can say what you want about the chargers, some how this year even when the qback is having a poor game
or the D is off - somehow they do what it takes to win.
in the snow of new york, the rain of seattle, down 21 at the half,
what ever - its Rivers. he is no BRADY but that SOB is a fighter
he does not give up even when things look bad and thats why we win.
and win and win,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HERE IS THE BIGGEST:

yawn.gif

the fans are really fired up and you can say what you want about the chargers, some how this year even when the qback is having a poor game

what have you won? The colts were the powerhouse last year and the pats still won more playoff games than they did.

Go back to your san diego board troll

I think you guys will be surprised at the noise levels on Sunday. It will be quite loud.

Last edited:

Gotta love your spirit, rob. Any time you want to leave the "Dark Side" and join the Side of Goodness, there'll be a place for you.

//

HERE IS THE BIGGEST:

How cute! Change "San Diego" to "St. Louis" and its 2001 all over again with the Rams already talking about their dynasty.

The only difference being, Rams trolls knew how to spell Ravens correctly.

I think you guys will be surprised at the noise levels on Sunday. It will be quite loud.

Anything close to "respectable noise" would be a surprise to me! A buddy of mine who is a Charger fan even tells me all the time how pathetic the home crowd is.

Disclaimer: In no way does this post mean that I think Gillette is louder :)

home field advantage is horribly overrated. maybe it can rattle a crappy and inexperienced team. it won't make any difference Sunday, especially since we're talking about southern californians. will the field have a jumbotron telling you guys when to make noise?

brady doesn't require time to sit in the pocket. he makes quick throws on most plays

you aren't the broncos. the old broncos > patriots > colts > broncos triangle we had going (i don't know if it still holds true, if we face and defeat the colts in these playoffs then it holds) proves that defeating our nemesis means nothing.

the vegas line is basically admitting that they have no clue. none of us do. the pats could win by 20, lose by 20, or the game could go to OT and I wouldn't be surprised.

there are reasons i think the chargers can beat the patriots, you just failed to hit on any of them.

maybe for the first few series, but getting your asses handed to you by the visiting team has a way of quieting the furor

Anything close to "respectable noise" would be a surprise to me! A buddy of mine who is a Charger fan even tells me all the time how pathetic the home crowd is.

Disclaimer: In no way does this post mean that I think Gillette is louder :)

Gillette is louder than San Diego. I was at the raiders game this year at qualscum and the dallas/cardinal game I went to in AZ was louder. Go figure

the chargers defense is giving up what
7 yards more per game?

with our O moving the ball so well it is almost like a party for the D.

we move the ball to the end zone and score
the D has not had the pressure in many of the games because
we blow the whole thing open so fast.

most of the time it is not do or die for the defense because we have
a 14 point lead.

IN FACT WE SCORED ALMOST A TD PER GAME MORE THAN INDY THIS YEAR
30 POINTS PER GAME !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes