PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You fools want to write off Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad aprt is Hester was drafted to be a CB and couldnt play the position to save his life. He is not being converted to WR which is not going so well either.

If Hester has a average year on ST's this year hes basically all done playing as far as most teams are concerned.

He's a Bethel Johnson comparison in which he was great on ST's his rookie year and the more teams see of him the worst he may do.

I dont like him and many coaches hate players like that.

um hes moving to WR and hes actually doing a pretty good job from what i hear.
Bears | Hester works well with offense
Sat, 19 May 2007 17:23:43 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears WR Devin Hester worked well at wide receiver during the team's minicamp. Hester split out wide, lined up in the slot and in the backfield at times. He caught every pass thrown to him during individual drills and was impressive during seven-on-seven drills and 11-on-11 drills.

why do many coaches hate Hester like players? He got drafted in 2nd round and Titans almost drafted him over LenDale as far as fans know

as far as im concerned, coaches like versatile players. Hester has played WR/CB/RB and returned at Miami..he wasnt bad when he was a starter but Coker wanted to use him more everywhere.

um hes moving to WR and hes actually doing a pretty good job from what i hear.

why do many coaches hate Hester like players? He got drafted in 2nd round and Titans almost drafted him over LenDale as far as fans know

as far as im concerned, coaches like versatile players. Hester has played WR/CB/RB and returned at Miami..he wasnt bad when he was a starter but Coker wanted to use him more everywhere.

Ive heard he has been tranisitioning well. I trust my sources regardless of what that piece says.

Hester was a terrible CB, thus the switch. I dont think we will ever see him at RB in the NFL unless they purposely want him injured. WR is still an unknown since he has yet to play it.

I dont like Hester, he has good ST's skills but other than that hes garbage.

Why did you bold some of the crappiest players and not others? Hagan, Hester and Williams were nothing special last season. Hester was a one trick pony who only can play special teams.

Guys like Richard Marshall, Daniel Bullocks (who i was positive was on the Saints) were much better players that helped there teams.

I still dont understand why you think hes going to be a bust after one injury plagued rookie season unfortunately mixed with an ACL tear in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game.

This post is dumb :rolleyes:

We might not be able to see what he is capable of.

Chad's Cap:

2008 - 1,095,186
2009 - 1,276,388
2010 - UFA

Not bad as far as the cap numbers, but he has 2 more years.

Last edited:
We might not be able to see what he is capable of.

Chad's Cap 2008 - 1,095,186 2009 - 1,276,388 2010 - UFA

If he doesn't produce over the next three years then I don't think he ever will.

If he doesn't produce over the next three years then I don't think he ever will.

I say 2 years because I don't think he will be doing anything this year.

I say 2 years because I don't think he will be doing anything this year.
I agree, it is a longshot he will be a big producer this year:

1. Given the roster talent ahead of him (Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Caldwell, Gaffney) and his ACL injury timetable (already discussed thoroughly) he is almost sure to start TC on PUP.

2. He essentially missed all of TC last year. He and others have said he didn't have a good grasp of the playbook, adjustments, etc. because of this. Beyond this, he hasn't had enough reps with Brady for the two to get "on the same page".

3. Once you are on PUP you are not allowed to practice with the team. Therefore he will NOT get the opportunity to catch up on what he is behind on until he (a) comes off PUP or (b) next year.

4. Thus, if he goes on PUP, then the best chance for him to contribute in 2007 comes only with what for the team is a very bad scenario - injuries (or other adverse events affecting their ability to play and contribute) to 2 or 3 of the guys ahead of him.

Ive heard he has been tranisitioning well. I trust my sources regardless of what that piece says.

Hester was a terrible CB, thus the switch. I dont think we will ever see him at RB in the NFL unless they purposely want him injured. WR is still an unknown since he has yet to play it.

I dont like Hester, he has good ST's skills but other than that hes garbage.

Tom Brady isa good QB. Other than that, hes garbage. No ST value, too slow to run consistently..unknown hands.

ST is 1/3 of the game.

he wasnt a terrible CB..where did u ever hear that. He was stuck behind Vasher, Tillman and Manning Jr.

Reason for the move is because they think his value is better at WR because u can get the ball in his hands and with his speed-vision-agility..he can find something

how would he get killed at RB? Warrick Dunn is 5"9 180-185

Hester is 5"11 190. if he lines up in backfield its not just for run him..they'll toss...trick plays..catch out of backfield. exploit matchups verse LBs

I agree with his agent that it would be a mistake to write Jackson off for this year. We need to get him as much playing time as possible, without comprising his recovery. Missing the entire year would just make him that much farther behind. If you can get him some more experience this year then that would be very beneficial to everyone.

Last edited:
There's a certain amount of jockeying for playing time via the press going on here (I think we've all mentioned it by now.)

It's a long season. Stallworth or Moss goes down, if he's mixing in well for his few plays a game (assuming he makes it, big assumption by the way,) well, then, if he's showing flashes, they'll probably work him in at X or Z more. They like Welker's surehandedness enough that I bet they'd stick him in at wideout some plays as well, and of course, you might have Kelley Washington around to compete. Welker's okay at flanker? Fine. Stick Troy back in the slot... we don't really know who'll be on the team yet, but regrettably, in a 16 game season, we'll probably have occasion to see all of them.

A real injury to Stallworth or Moss (God forbid,) makes a Chad Jackson emergence a real possibility. Otherwise, he could mini-emerge to challenge for 2008.

This year's binge does something else for us besides the obvious. It gives us a chance to develop CJ patiently. But he has to do his part... the Pats' patience is notoriously limited, for anybody who feels "entitled." (cough bethel cough cough.)

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back