PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You fools want to write off Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan579

Rookie
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/06/23/jacksons_rehabilitation_moving_without_a_snag/

Chad Jackson will be a factor this season. He has all of the tools to be as good as any in the NFL. For those of you think he was a waste of a draft pick need to realize that most NFL receivers need an average of 2 years to catch on. Chad is better than Reche, Jabar and Wes; He could very well be the number 3 on the depth chart, or even 2 next to Randy.

Write it down 62 catches 745 and 8 touchdowns.

Last edited:
A few points:

-Calling people "fools" in a thread title usually isn't a good idea.

-You must have gone to Chad's high school or were a fan of his at Florida, right?

-Chad is injured. He's already behind the rest of the team;

-I'm sorry, but Chad won't be doing anything this season. He'll likely go on the PUP list, and possibly even the IR. He has a torn ACL - don't expect him to be out there for training camp.

-Until Chad proves he can stay healthy (after last season's hamstring injury/ies), he is NOT better than Caldwell or Gaffney. And he has a LONG way to go until he is better than Welker.

-If you expect Chad to surpass Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Caldwell, Gaffney, Washington, and possibly Brown on the depth chart - with a torn ACL - you're dreaming.

However:

-This story is good news. If Chad can contribute to this team in 2007, that would be fantastic. Even though these are his agents, it looks like the IR possibility has passed. That's good.

-2008 is going to have to be Chad's breakout year. There's a possibility that Moss, Stallworth, Caldwell, and Gaffney could all be gone, so it will be up to Chad, Welker, and whoever else is around to step up.

Write it down 62 catches 745 and 8 touchdowns

I don't believe he's a wasted pick either. But 62 catches etc.? Look at the people ahead of him this year. Unless we have some freak injuries this year, Chad's not sniffing those numbers. But he still has great upside.

Last edited:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/06/23/jacksons_rehabilitation_moving_without_a_snag/

Chad Jackson will be a factor this season. He has all of the tools to be as good as any in the NFL. For those of you think he was a waste of a draft pick need to realize that most NFL receivers need an average of 2 years to catch on. Chad is better than Reche, Jabar and Wes; He could very well be the number 3 on the depth chart, or even 2 next to Randy.

Yeah, I always like to take agents' words as gospel. But, okay then: with Jackson on the roster in September, what's your WR lineup?

Moss/Stallworth/Welker (aka the Triad)
Jackson and Caldwell make five. then it's Gaffney, or Troy. But what about Bam?

Oh, sweet Heavens, what about Bam? :(

i think it will be very difficult he will have this year and 'impact' year for the reason we know (he should go to PUP plus heavy competition)

but i have not lost any hope in him surely

probably we have to wait another year

Yeah, I always like to take agents' words as gospel. But, okay then: with Jackson on the roster in September, what's your WR lineup?

Moss/Stallworth/Welker (aka the Triad)
Jackson and Caldwell make five. then it's Gaffney, or Troy. But what about Bam?

Oh, sweet Heavens, what about Bam? :(

A bit different than Caldwell, Stone, Musinski, and Henry lining up at WR in camp last year, eh? :D

He seems destined for IR. Physically I'm confident he could come back after being PUPed but with Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Caldwell, Gafney as the top 5 with Washington and Jackson also (plus the chance of Troy returning), holding him out this year seems to make sense and hopefully he'll be ready for two good years starting in 2008 when a bunch of those listed above become FA.

I dont think he'd be IR

by week 7 your depth chart goes:

MOSS
STALLWORTH
JACKSON
WELKER
GAFFNEY
BROWN

They will carry 6 receivers this year

Let's all welcome Chad's agent to the board. Welcome, bro.

So I guess everyone is saying Kelley Washington is crap on this team.

I'm a huge Chad Jackson supporter he has the upside of a young Javon Walker or our very own Randy Moss. I was elated when we traded up to snatch him away from the rest of the NFL, I have very high hopes for the man.

P.S. On my Madden franchise He is a 91 at only 23 years of age with 99 hands sharing the slot with Welker and subbing in with Stallworth, god our team is sick!

To the thread starter on his first day of posting here:

Whether or not Chad Jackson is a Pro-Bowler this year, you're now on Patsfans.com, not the ESPN boards.

You'll gain more respect for your opinions at Patsfans.com if you bring your "A "game to the level of grown-up discourse. Leave the playground attitude for other websites and your voice may have more impact here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

There is no way Randy Moss makes this team :bricks:

Good to see the enthusiasm dude... but we have Chad's rights, and can keep him around in one or another holding pen, as suggested elsewhere here. He might get into the WR mix through competition in camp, in a backup role. I do believe we'll see more of him by mid season, but not nearly to the expectations you and Chad's agent seem to hold.

Looking at the short-term-friendly deals of Moss and Stallworth (though curiously not Welker,) I think we're looking at Chad maturing enough to be the "other" deep threat next years. We don't keep Moss AND Stallworth. If that's the case, we'll want Chad on the field this year. If he proves himself, next year you'll see his 700 yards and 8 TDs, not this year.

PFnV

To the thread starter on his first day of posting here:

Whether or not Chad Jackson is a Pro-Bowler this year, you're now on Patsfans.com, not the ESPN boards.

You'll gain more respect for your opinions at Patsfans.com if you bring your "A "game to the level of grown-up discourse. Leave the playground attitude for other websites and your voice may have more impact here.

You got that right, fool.

So i guess everyone is saying Kelley Washington is crap on this team.

It wouldn't shock me to see one of the WRs (Caldwell, Washington?) traded before being cut. I'm sure that there are more than a few teams looking for the scraps from New England ( Clev, NYJ) on the waiver wire as they have in the past. If they can get a draft pick for a guy who would be cut, even a 5th rounder ( Can you say Doug Gabriel?) that's another chip in the pile for bargaining....

Last edited:
Even if Jackson does somehow manage to pass Welker talent wise with a torn ACL, Welker works best out of the slot from what I hear, and that's his position. So really, the highest receiver he could be is #4, behind Moss, Stallworth, and Welker. Then you have Caldwell, Gaffney and Brown. With this much talent at the receiver position this year, I don't see how you could expect him to get those kind of numbers. All the receivers will most like rotate in and out of positions.

I dont think he'd be IR

by week 7 your depth chart goes:

MOSS
STALLWORTH
JACKSON
WELKER
GAFFNEY
BROWN

They will carry 6 receivers this year

With all of the new WR on the team this year, I don't see them cutting the guy who led the team in catches last year. If for no other reason than timing and comfort w/Brady and the offense.

Gaffney would be a tough cut, I like him a lot. However, what does he bring that Stallworth and Moss do not?

IMO Jackson goes on PUP, and if an injury comes about at the wr position, he fills it when he is eligible to return.

I still fully expect that Jackson starts the season on the PUP. The Pats are better off not rushing Jackson back with all his problems last year. With all the receivers we have, it is better to make sure he develops in to a starting WR for years to come rather than rush him back to compete for carries in a crowd receiving corp.

Jackson could turn into an elite WR in a year or two, but I think he will miss the first six game and then from there we will see.

Being ready to go when the season opens is all well and good unless you are fortunately, from a team building standpoint, already sitting behind half a dozen veteran WR on the depth chart who were ready to go in March. You earn roster spots on this team in practice, and in pre season by and large. A proven NFL veteran acquisition or player returning from injury also has a shot at cracking this roster based on a firm grasp of the offense and rapore with the QB and past performance in the system or even another within the NFL. Chad's problem is he doesn't have any of that basis from which to return. If it turns out that he is "ready" to go in September but he does not make the roster based on lack of system or NFL reps, and he becomes disheartened, then he will have an even bigger problem cracking this roster going forward.

Quite frankly this sounds a little like his agents are trying to get a message to Foxboro that their client needs to be handled carefully from a psychological as well as physical standpoint lest he get disheartened. That's not a message that is generally well received hereabouts, particularly when delivered via the media. His agents time would probably be better spent counseling their client that the road to the NFL isn't always a cakewalk and whatever transpires he needs to do whatever he can to the very best of his ability so that when his number is called he truly will be ready. Otherwise, that number may never get called.

So i guess everyone is saying Kelley Washington is crap on this team.
Right now the numbers game seems to be against him barring injury or . ..

It wouldn't shock me to see one of the WRs (Caldwell, Washington?) traded before being cut.
. . . or a WR being traded. Which I think is a distinct possibility. No, not for a high pick but for some second day pick or even something in 2009 as we're already beefed up for the 2008 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes