PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You don't understand Pioli and BB and are naive if you think Moss is leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not naive and Randy Moss is leaving. Those of you who think he is signing here have your heads in the sand.

How do you know that? I think there is a less of a chance that Moss will return, but to think he is guaranteed gone is absurd.

And what authority do you have that on?

It's called the common sense meter. If they wanted to keep him, than he would have either been franchised or signed before he was allowed to get to free agency. Pure and simple. You don't let the guy get to free agency so that the price goes up. It's my opinion and I am 100% confident it will ring true this week when you wake up one day and see the headline splashed across your TV set. The guy is signing with another team. And when he does nobody should blame Randy Moss. It's the Pats own fault. Just like it's the Pats own fault for foolishly agreeing not to franchise Samuel and losing him for nothing when they could have played hard ball with his can last season and forced him to either play knowing he was going to get franchised again after the season or allow him to sit the first 10 games knowing his greedy can would come and play down the stretch just so he could collect his dough and count the year as part of his original contract. Some of you just drink the kool-aid all day long and never want to say when the Pats front office messes up. They completely botched the Samuel negotiations last year by agreeing to not franchise him and they are completely messing up the Moss negotiations.

It's called the common sense meter. If they wanted to keep him, than he would have either been franchised or signed before he was allowed to get to free agency. Pure and simple. You don't let the guy get to free agency so that the price goes up. It's my opinion and I am 100% confident it will ring true this week when you wake up one day and see the headline splashed across your TV set. The guy is signing with another team. And when he does nobody should blame Randy Moss. It's the Pats own fault. Just like it's the Pats own fault for foolishly agreeing not to franchise Samuel and losing him for nothing when they could have played hard ball with his can last season and forced him to either play knowing he was going to get franchised again after the season or allow him to sit the first 10 games knowing his greedy can would come and play down the stretch just so he could collect his dough and count the year as part of his original contract. Some of you just drink the kool-aid all day long and never want to say when the Pats front office messes up. They completely botched the Samuel negotiations last year by agreeing to not franchise him and they are completely messing up the Moss negotiations.

If he is leaving, why haven't we heard anthing about him meeting with any teams. If Moss was available there'd be a queue of teams to snap him up, but insofar, not a jot.

The Patriots have NO incentive to announce a signing with Moss early in the FA process.

Why the HELL would Belichick announce to the rest of the league that he has signed the best receiver in football early in the process? What advantage does that give him?

NONE. It would be a huge disadvantage, because it lets division opponents try to build their teams to specifically counter Moss. It forces your opponents to maybe set aside money to rope in Moss. It forces teams to chase red herrings, waste time trying to court Moss. They know the press would invent all sorts of BS to distract opponents. Perhaps by not announcing it they can entice other WRs to come early. Who knows.

Anyone who thinks that Moss is gone simply because it was not announced early is naive.

BB and Pioli are the kings of mind games. All evidence points strongly to the conclusion that Moss is not going anywhere.

Moss isn't seeing other teams. He's not getting any offers. Seriously, if Moss were THINKING of leaving, you'd be hearing about visits and numbers being thrown out by teams. Instead, all we get are weak rumors from supposed people who "know" him.

If you seriously believe Moss is leaving, then you believe BB and Pioli are amateur idiots for not franchising, or for not getting a deal done. You also believe that Moss is a pathological liar after praising the Pats and Brady and everything else every single moment of last season. These leaps of faith, imo, are far larger than believing that the Pats and Moss have always had a deal.

Moss is a New England Patriot.

If it makes you feel better to feel this way then by all means continue. We all have different ways of handling stress. If you think that Moss can't happen than I suggest you review the history of free ageecy. It is naieve to think otherwise.

There is 0 upside to not announcing a deal and every hour that goes by I become even more nervous.

If he is leaving, why haven't we heard anthing about him meeting with any teams. If Moss was available there'd be a queue of teams to snap him up, but insofar, not a jot.

You think other teams are going to broadcast the fact that they are bringing in Randy Moss so that it creates a bidding war with other teams that may want to bring him in? Puhleaze. Smart franchises are going to try and keep it under wraps. Take the blinders off will ya? The guy is not signing here.

Last edited:

If you are wrong, which I am certain you are, why don't you put your "rep" on the line, if he is signed here you agree to move on and never post any of your crap ideas here again..

If you are wrong, which I am certain you are, why don't you put your "rep" on the line, if he is signed here you agree to move on and never post any of your crap ideas here again..

I'll do that when your big mouth agrees to do the same. Deal tough guy?

Re: You don't understand Pioli and BB and are Naive if you think Moss is leaving.

You know why the signing isn't announced? He isn't signed.
Oh boy,you are one of these people that have to go interject facts into the thread and wreck it :rolleyes:
Odd conspiracy theories seem to be the rage at certain message boards and British inquest hearings.

Don't Trust NSTRoll he still never manned up after saying mareoney wouldn't gain 100 against the Jets and Phins combined and went over 100 in both he is just a troll advertising his gambling help website

Re: You don't understand Pioli and BB and are Naive if you think Moss is leaving.

The other teams are just assuming he's going to re-sign with the Patriots, so why bother being a pawn in negotiations?

Well, even if other GMs have assumed this, and I'm inclined to believe you're right about this, I would also think that the other GMs would send some whispers into Moss' or his agent's ears in the name of gamesmanship in an effort to drive up his asking price given that this is indeed a league with a finite salary cap. IOW, if you were the GM for the Jets, the Bills, Colts or SD, wouldn't you try to ensure that someone of Moss ability sign with the Pats at market rates rather than sign at a hometown discount rate even if you were not seriously trying to sign Moss?

I also think that when Moss took his pay-cut to come to Foxborough, there had to have been some good faith, gentleman's agreement that he'd not be tagged at the conclusion of the season and that every effort would be made in good faith to resign him between the two parties involved. To me, this is the only logical explanation at this point and given what little we know as of now on why Moss is not seriously fielding offers from other teams. I just think the two sides are deadlocked, and I'll speculate that more than the total sum of the contract, it probably has more to do with either the length of the contract or the guaranteed money.
People may think that all eyes are on the Patriots and Randy Moss during FA, but here's some news: they aren't.

Even at this stage in his career, he still is one of the top, if not the top, FA. Consider also the WRs who've already signed, which further dilutes an already unremarkable FA-cy class, and considering also that the strengh of the upcoming draft is hardly within the WR corp, a team interested in adding a prime receiver has to be interested. When Philly is rumored to be interested in trading for Fitzgerald and his contract, then I would think they have to interested in Moss as an alternative.

I don't want to start another Moss/FA thread for this, so I'll stick this post here...

... and to think that I stayed up past midnight the other day expecting to hear the news at 0:01 hrs that Moss was re-signed :D

In retrospect, a pretty dumb move on my part! ;)

I'm not naive and Randy Moss is leaving. Those of you who think he is signing here have your heads in the sand.

This coming from the same mind that thinks Laurence Maroney is a scrub and Seymour should be traded because Jarvis Green is a serviceable player.

The Patriots have NO incentive to announce a signing with Moss early in the FA process.

Why the HELL would Belichick announce to the rest of the league that he has signed the best receiver in football early in the process? What advantage does that give him?

Oh yeah Snuff ... all those FA's available to counter the Patriots & Moss. Those would be CB's and if there were any good ones at a reasonable price we would have already signed him for ourselves.

Your sure huh ?, willing to promise you'll leave forever if your wrong ? Your so sure and this forum is not a big deal for you !

Well, even if other GMs have assumed this, and I'm inclined to believe you're right about this, I would also think that the other GMs would send some whispers into Moss' or his agent's ears in the name of gamesmanship in an effort to drive up his asking price given that this is indeed a league with a finite salary cap. IOW, if you were the GM for the Jets, the Bills, Colts or SD, wouldn't you try to ensure that someone of Moss ability sign with the Pats at market rates rather than sign at a hometown discount rate even if you were not seriously trying to sign Moss?

I also think that when Moss took his pay-cut to come to Foxborough, there had to have been some good faith, gentleman's agreement that he'd not be tagged at the conclusion of the season and that every effort would be made in good faith to resign him between the two parties involved. To me, this is the only logical explanation at this point and given what little we know as of now on why Moss is not seriously fielding offers from other teams. I just think the two sides are deadlocked, and I'll speculate that more than the total sum of the contract, it probably has more to do with either the length of the contract or the guaranteed money.

Even at this stage in his career, he still is one of the top, if not the top, FA. Consider also the WRs who've already signed, which further dilutes an already unremarkable FA-cy class, and considering also that the strengh of the upcoming draft is hardly within the WR corp, a team interested in adding a prime receiver has to be interested. When Philly is rumored to be interested in trading for Fitzgerald and his contract, then I would think they have to interested in Moss as an alternative.

Oh I'm sure if Moss is still on the market at this point (though it looks like they'll sign him), some rumors will be floating around about this team or that team pursuing him. However, EVERYONE outside of the Pats organization assumed that he'd stay with NE. Thus, every team planned for FA without considering that Moss would be on the market. They didn't change their plans after two days of realizing Moss was still available. Maybe slightly, but a lot of teams went about their business as usual.

Don't worry, I figured Moss would re-sign with NE. I was just as surprised as anyone that is has taken this long.

Of course he's a valuable FA. But it's obviously pretty widely known that he wanted to stay with NE. The FA WR class is indeed unremarkable. And while there aren't any stars in the WR draft class, it is a VERY deep WR class. There's no Calvin Johnsons, but there are a lot of solid, productive WR's through the first three or four rounds of the draft. It's easy enough to get one of them without breaking the bank.

I just really don't see Moss as being as much of a factor on other teams' FA plans as Snarf seems to think he is. Throughout the whole thing, there were only one or two rumors that he might listen to other team's offers. At this point, nobody would hinge the rest of their FA on him unless they knew for sure that he was rejecting the Pats and listening to other offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back