PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You don't understand Pioli and BB and are naive if you think Moss is leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Patriots have NO incentive to announce a signing with Moss early in the FA process.

Why the HELL would Belichick announce to the rest of the league that he has signed the best receiver in football early in the process? What advantage does that give him?

NONE. It would be a huge disadvantage, because it lets division opponents try to build their teams to specifically counter Moss. It forces your opponents to maybe set aside money to rope in Moss. It forces teams to chase red herrings, waste time trying to court Moss. They know the press would invent all sorts of BS to distract opponents. Perhaps by not announcing it they can entice other WRs to come early. Who knows.

Anyone who thinks that Moss is gone simply because it was not announced early is naive.

BB and Pioli are the kings of mind games. All evidence points strongly to the conclusion that Moss is not going anywhere.

Moss isn't seeing other teams. He's not getting any offers. Seriously, if Moss were THINKING of leaving, you'd be hearing about visits and numbers being thrown out by teams. Instead, all we get are weak rumors from supposed people who "know" him.

If you seriously believe Moss is leaving, then you believe BB and Pioli are amateur idiots for not franchising, or for not getting a deal done. You also believe that Moss is a pathological liar after praising the Pats and Brady and everything else every single moment of last season. These leaps of faith, imo, are far larger than believing that the Pats and Moss have always had a deal.

Moss is a New England Patriot.

Re: You don't understand Pioli and BB and are Naive if you think Moss is leaving.

The Patriots have NO incentive to announce a signing with Moss early in the FA process.

Why the HELL would Belichick announce to the rest of the league that he has signed the best receiver in football early in the process? What advantage does that give him?

NONE. It would be a huge disadvantage, because it lets division opponents try to build their teams to specifically counter Moss. It forces your opponents to maybe set aside money to rope in Moss. It forces teams to chase red herrings, waste time trying to court Moss. They know the press would invent all sorts of BS to distract opponents. Perhaps by not announcing it they can entice other WRs to come early. Who knows.

Anyone who thinks that Moss is gone simply because it was not announced early is naive.

BB and Pioli are the kings of mind games. All evidence points strongly to the conclusion that Moss is not going anywhere.

Moss isn't seeing other teams. He's not getting any offers. Seriously, if Moss were THINKING of leaving, you'd be hearing about visits and numbers being thrown out by teams. Instead, all we get are weak rumors from supposed people who "know" him.

If you seriously believe Moss is leaving, then you believe BB and Pioli are amateur idiots for not franchising, or for not getting a deal done. You also believe that Moss is a pathological liar after praising the Pats and Brady and everything else every single moment of last season. These leaps of faith, imo, are far larger than believing that the Pats and Moss have always had a deal.

Again some of the same stuff was said before Adam Vinateri was a colt..

Re: You don't understand Pioli and BB and are Naive if you think Moss is leaving.

The shy is falling..the sky is falling!!

Then why all the rumors of him looking around the league? I think Moss signs here, but you're reasons don't really convince me of anything

Would be a great smokescreen

Get all the teams chasing their tails while Pats work on other things

just another way for BB to gain advantage and p*** off the league....

I believe you are naive if you don't think Randy would be tempted if somebody offered him twice what we could.

Honestly, after we lost Adam and then Branch..........NOTHING will surprise me. All we can do is hope for the best. This is why I love Football so freakin much. The parts change every year and we have new obstacles to overcome every year just like the rest of the 31 teams. If he signs, GREAT. If he goes somewhere else, so be it. Just don't go to the Colts or Dallas! Somehow it was much easier to lose Branch to Seattle but stung to lose Vinateri to the Colts.

Again, this is a game, a sport, a business.....all we can do is sit back, wait and speculate on the outcome. This is all part of the 'game' and I for one enjoy it!

I think you might be on to something. Think about it, how come we haven't heard a peep from Randy or his agent? I would have thought his agent would have gone completely public at this point.

Honestly, after we lost Adam and then Branch..........NOTHING will surprise me. All we can do is hope for the best. This is why I love Football so freakin much. The parts change every year and we have new obstacles to overcome every year just like the rest of the 31 teams. If he signs, GREAT. If he goes somewhere else, so be it. Just don't go to the Colts or Dallas! Somehow it was much easier to lose Branch to Seattle but stung to lose Vinateri to the Colts.

Again, this is a game, a sport, a business.....all we can do is sit back, wait and speculate on the outcome. This is all part of the 'game' and I for one enjoy it!

I'm in this boat too. We're lucky that it's March 2 and there's a ton to talk about. Can't wait to see how it unfolds. I think Moss will be back.

I think you might be on to something. Think about it, how come we haven't heard a peep from Randy or his agent? I would have thought his agent would have gone completely public at this point.

Perhaps his has, via John Clayton.

These BB is a mad scientist and everything is a conspiracy to mislead the media and the rest of the league are out of control.

You know why the signing isn't announced? He isn't signed.

The last big BB conspiarcy on this board was that Brady was wearing a walking boot because BB was meesing with the Giants, the press, the NFL, Iran, some garbage like that. Turns out he was wearing it because he had a sprained ankle.

As for the no incentive to announce it - there is every legal incentive for both sides to file it with the league when it is signed and get it official.

"Honestly, after we lost Adam and then Branch..........NOTHING will surprise me."

I agree.
If we were going to sign Moss, it would have been done IMO. He said he liked it here and would love to stay a Patriot.
This tell me there is a snag in the talks or he IS looking for more $$$.

It's amusing how some people on here think they're that much smarter than the GM's of other teams. Why do you think nobody has pursued Moss? Why do you think nobody's bothered trying to go after him? Why do you think teams are spending money on other FA's and not trying to "set it aside for Moss?"

You don't think teams are already building themselves to beat the Pats, with or without Moss? You don't think teams are already going to be looking for big, physical CB's, as well as monster DE's?

Boooring. If Belichick thinks he's playing mind games like this, then he's dumber than I thought. No one is going to pursue Randy Moss until he's obviously on the market. The other teams are just assuming he's going to re-sign with the Patriots, so why bother being a pawn in negotiations? People may think that all eyes are on the Patriots and Randy Moss during FA, but here's some news: they aren't.

I don't think they let him walk.... all the more reason to think they will and then draft a TE with the 7th pick.

If Belichick thinks he's playing mind games like this, then he's dumber than I thought.

You thought he was dumb?? Jeeeeez!!

You thought he was dumb?? Jeeeeez!!

Hopefully this is facetious. If I say he's "dumber than I thought," that doesn't necessarily mean I originally thought he was dumb. Just now...dumb-er.

Again some of the same stuff was said before Adam Vinateri was a colt..

I don't remember AV talking about how much he loved being a Patriot, or how he wanted to retire here. Unlike Moss.

At least the OP is grounded unlike some of you tinfoil hats.

I always wanted to say that at least once...

I'm not naive and Randy Moss is leaving. Those of you who think he is signing here have your heads in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots