PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You Discover Fountain of Youth: Which 5 Patriots Do You Let Use It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 5 Patriots do you let use it, guaranteeing their presence on the Patriots Roster for all of eternity.

(1) Tom Brady
(2) Rob Gronkowski
(3) Randy Moss

An offense of Brady, Moss, and Gronkowski in their prime and it would be unfair to the rest of the leg to use the other 2 :rocker:

1) Tom Brady
2) BB
3) rob gronkowski
4) Vince Wilfork
5) Ty Law

Wish I could add a 6th for Harrison. Then we would be set.

Nice

It would also be nice to have a brand new:
Ted Washington
Curtis Martin

Two excellent choices. I would pick Wilfork over Ted only because Vince could shift outside as needed. If I know I'm going 3-4 all the time, and I'm never going to need to shift the nose, I'm taking Washington over Wilfork. I've never seen a player as strong at the point of attack as Washington in his early 30's.

1. Tom Brady
2. Bill Belichick
3. Randy Moss
4. Rodney Harrison
5. Ben Coates

Rodney is the missing piece for this defense - someone who sets a tone and always plays with fire.

Belichick, Moss and Brady are obvious choices.

Coates might seem like a strange choice but could you even imagine Coates, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Moss and Ridley on the field at the same time?

1. Tom Brady
2. Vince Wilfork
3. Bill Belichick
4. Randy Moss
5. John Hannah

Law - secondary fixed
Rodney - cause he will make a better Rodney than Wilson will
Tippett - instant pass rush
Corey Dillon - because his 04 season remains the most beautiful thing I have seen on a football field. Dominant physical running.
Randy - deep threat to go with the TEs

Boom done and done.

Resisted the urge to use it on Tom because he is still in his prime. Ignored TE for obvious reasons and ignored the OL because we got a lot of talent there and Scar.Tip has to pitch in on the DL and with the LBs.

Tom Brady
Randy Moss
Tedy Bruschi
Rodney Harrison
Wince Wilfork

next 3
Gronk
Ty law
Mike Vrabel

Assuming that I'd waste it on football players:

1) Tom Brady
2) Troy Brown
3) Tedy Bruschi
4) Rodney Harrison
5)... wait for it...Bill Belichick

Although I thought about some players from before this era, weights of linemen and stuff changed too much. I'm afraid someone like Hanna might be undersized and average today. Same with Tippet. -I'm not saying they would be - but with only 5 shots I'd hate to waste any.

Belichick because I read somewhere that no coach older than 55 ever won a Super Bowl. I wonder if the long hours is too much for a senior citizen.

So, you're wandering along in the woods and you discover the fountain of youth! It will give long lasting life and restore someone to their most youthful figure. For some strange reason, you can only apply its affects 5 times total, and it has to be used on someone who is presently playing for the Patriots, or who has played for them at any point in the past.

Which 5 Patriots do you let use it, guaranteeing their presence on the Patriots Roster for all of eternity.

Assuming it had to be used all at once:

Assuming they DIDNT have to be used all at once or at least the process could be drawn out.. ;)

1st - Traded to Robert Kraft for ownership of the Patriots
2nd - Traded to Belichick in exchange for my being made a Patriot and him agreeing upfront to a bit more owner oversight
3rd - Used on myself!
4th - Tom Brady
5th - Tedy Bruschi

Might be questionable whether Belichick trades eternal youth for putting up with a meddling owner. Example: Of course, sign DA, but Bill, you WILL see to it Welker is resigned. Period.

And my apologies to Troy Brown, Vince Wilfork and Randy Moss for not being smart enough to figure out a way to include them on my list. :(

Tom Brady
Rodney Harrison
Tedy Bruschi
Ty Law
Troy Brown

Peyton Manning Wes Welker, Dwight Freeny, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark.

You can tell a lot about the ages of posters when people choose Ty Law over Mike Haynes when those who saw both realize Law could barely carry Haynes's shes,,,,, :D

Best CB I have seen play for the Pats: M Haynes
Best Safety: R Harrison
Best OLB: A Tippett
Best ILB: T Bruschi (tempted by S Nelson though)
Best DE: R Seymour
Best DT: V Wilfork
Best OT: B Armstrong
Best OG: J Hannah
Best C: J Morris
Best Big TE: Gronk
Best 'Small' TE: R Francis
Best Outside WR: R Moss (but would go with S Morgan for consistency, not a head case like Moss)
Best Inside WR: Welker ( hate to leave off T Brown though)
Best FB: S Cunningham
Best RB: J Nance
Best QB: Bready, duh

1) Gronk has the chops to be the best TE ever, So gotta go there
2) M Haynes best Def player to ever play in NE
3) R Moss 2nd best WR just tell me he would not throw a hissy
4) A Tippett 2nd best D player ever, very underrated due to presence of Taylor in the same era,
5) Brady Best QB of all time

I do wonder if I should give the elixer to B Kraft, after seeing how much ownership matters, and BB, coaching matters, and Dante S, coaches em up real well.

Tom Brady
Randy Moss
Richard Seymore
Rodney Harrison
Ty Law

I would add to that:
Willie Mcginest

The man was a huge factor in our dynasty championship run.

Tedy Bruschi as well.

You just can't measure Tedy's heart and when he was in his prime he had the wheels to make plays in space too.

You can tell a lot about the ages of posters when people choose Ty Law over Mike Haynes when those who saw both realize Law could barely carry Haynes's shes,,,,, :D

Best CB I have seen play for the Pats: M Haynes
Best Safety: R Harrison
Best OLB: A Tippett
Best ILB: T Bruschi (tempted by S Nelson though)
Best DE: R Seymour
Best DT: V Wilfork
Best OT: B Armstrong
Best OG: J Hannah
Best C: J Morris
Best Big TE: Gronk
Best 'Small' TE: R Francis
Best Outside WR: R Moss (but would go with S Morgan for consistency, not a head case like Moss)
Best Inside WR: Welker ( hate to leave off T Brown though)
Best FB: S Cunningham
Best RB: J Nance
Best QB: Bready, duh

1) Gronk has the chops to be the best TE ever, So gotta go there
2) M Haynes best Def player to ever play in NE
3) R Moss 2nd best WR just tell me he would not throw a hissy
4) A Tippett 2nd best D player ever, very underrated due to presence of Taylor in the same era,
5) Brady Best QB of all time

I do wonder if I should give the elixer to B Kraft, after seeing how much ownership matters, and BB, coaching matters, and Dante S, coaches em up real well.

You know, that's not really fair. I immediately discount much older players because I feel they simply would get thrashed in today's game. John Hannah was a mountain of a man in his age, but at 6'2 260 he'd get destroyed by today's DTs. Logan Mankins is two inches taller and nearly 50 pounds heavier, and I bet if he was playing instead of Hannah that single season team rushing record the Patriots set in 1978 would be even higher.

Bill Parcells...to draft defensive backs.....

You know, that's not really fair. I immediately discount much older players because I feel they simply would get thrashed in today's game. John Hannah was a mountain of a man in his age, but at 6'2 260 he'd get destroyed by today's DTs. Logan Mankins is two inches taller and nearly 50 pounds heavier, and I bet if he was playing instead of Hannah that single season team rushing record the Patriots set in 1978 would be even higher.

Its all relative. Hannah was playing against DEs and DT that weighed 260-270lbs as well.

Mean Joe Green was 275 and was a monster back then. His linemate, Dwight White was 255. Randy White, who was a terror back then was 265.

Fountain of Youth Drinkers (current team only)

1. Kraft
2. BB
3. TB
4. Wilfork
5. Adrian Wilson

Different nutrition, training ect.

Hannah was named one of the 75 greatest of all time when the NFL had it's 75th anniversary.

You can only play against your peers, he dominated in a way Mankins can only dream of. My guess you are too young to have seen him play.

Different nutrition, training ect.

Hannah was named one of the 75 greatest of all time when the NFL had it's 75th anniversary.

You can only play against your peers, he dominated in a way Mankins can only dream of. My guess you are too young to have seen him play.

And those lists keep the relative nature of the game in mind. This one doesn't, since by definition you're bringing in a past player into 2013.

John Hannah in today's game, even with the best nutrition and training wouldn't be able to cut it. His frame isn't going to accept the at least forty pounds necessary to be competitive as a guard in today's league. You 'bring him back' and he'll get killed out there. Maybe he'd be competitive at another position, but that's another matter entirely.

While I am too young to see have seen him play, it's a little dismissive to say people my age don't choose players from that era because they're they're too young.

It's because they aren't good enough for today's game. That's really all it is. It's hard to imagine very many DT, LB, OT, or OG from before the late 80s playing in today's game. Skill players are a different matter, since their relative lack of athleticism would be arguably offset by a decreased physicality in today's game. Even then, it's hard to imagine *anyone short of Jim Brown* being anywhere near as good as Peterson today.

I look for a loophole that lets me give the water to Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. :)

Beyond that, it starts with Rodney -- among the guys who are leaders on the list for modern-era skill, he's the one who most adds team-wide attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes