PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"You can get Tom Brady?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sundaygazettemail.com/section/Sports/200607041

But it’s not all shoptalk. Nantz offered this interesting bit on a legendary golf foursome.

“Former President Bush asked me if there were someone close-by who we could add to our foursome with President Clinton. I said ‘How about Tom Brady?’ He said ‘You can get Tom Brady?’ I said, “if anyone asked Brady, he’d be honored to be in a group with you and President Clinton.’ We played six holes with each of us being a partner,†said Nantz. “Bush/Brady defeated Clinton/Nantz the first six holes, one up. Bush/Nantz played six holes to a draw with Brady/Clinton. And don’t tell anyone, but in the first-ever golf pairing of two Presidents in a match, Brady/Nantz defeated Bush/Clinton five up, through six holes. But if I’m honest, t was all Brady.â€

Have you heard the one about . . .

This news item sounds like a idea for a timeless joke setup.

George Bush, Bill Clinton and Tom Brady walk into a bar . . .

Warning: Since he's already with "W", the obvious joke of Clinton looking for Bush in the bar cannot be used!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else here see the inclusion of Jim Nantz as "watering down that drink"?

Hey I did not hear them asking for the almighty great Ben Fraudlessburger!!

nescott said:
Hey I did not hear them asking for the almighty great Ben Fraudlessburger!!

Or either of the Manning boys who are supposedly as adept off a tee as they are behind Center. I think the ex-presidents prefer to golf with someone whose company is genuinely enjoyable and who is remotely their intellectual equal. Tom is the ultimate mega-celebrities celebrity of choice. And he's a lot easier on the eyes. :D

Sounds like NFLN will best the competition in July 4th programming as well:

"NFL NETWORK HOPES to provide some holiday fireworks of its own tonight, with a special edition of “NFL Total Access†at 7 p.m.

Rich Eisen talks with pro football’s leading play-by play talents, Joe Buck (Fox), Bryant Gumbel (NFL Network), Al Michaels (NBC), Jim Nantz (CBS) and Mike Tirico (ESPN), about their respective network’s plans for the quickly approaching NFL season.

On ESPN today at noon, Japan’s Takeru Kobayashi is the 1-3 favorite to win the Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest for the sixth straight year. In case you’re interested, PinnacleSports.com has the over/under on the hot dogs consumed by the winner in the allotted 12 minutes at 531/2 franks.

ESPN2 brings back a trio of its late-night summer series with all new episodes beginning tonight — “Streetball: The And1 Mix Tape Tour†at 12:30 a.m., “City Slam†at 1 a.m. and “All Muscle with Funkmaster Flex†at 2 a.m."

ESPN is just sliding into the crapper. :rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
Or either of the Manning boys who are supposedly as adept off a tee as they are behind Center. I think the ex-presidents prefer to golf with someone whose company is genuinely enjoyable and who is remotely their intellectual equal. Tom is the ultimate mega-celebrities celebrity of choice. And he's a lot easier on the eyes. :D

Sounds like NFLN will best the competition in July 4th programming as well:

"NFL NETWORK HOPES to provide some holiday fireworks of its own tonight, with a special edition of “NFL Total Access†at 7 p.m.

Rich Eisen talks with pro football’s leading play-by play talents, Joe Buck (Fox), Bryant Gumbel (NFL Network), Al Michaels (NBC), Jim Nantz (CBS) and Mike Tirico (ESPN), about their respective network’s plans for the quickly approaching NFL season.

On ESPN today at noon, Japan’s Takeru Kobayashi is the 1-3 favorite to win the Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest for the sixth straight year. In case you’re interested, PinnacleSports.com has the over/under on the hot dogs consumed by the winner in the allotted 12 minutes at 531/2 franks.

ESPN2 brings back a trio of its late-night summer series with all new episodes beginning tonight — “Streetball: The And1 Mix Tape Tour†at 12:30 a.m., “City Slam†at 1 a.m. and “All Muscle with Funkmaster Flex†at 2 a.m."

ESPN is just sliding into the crapper. :rolleyes:

In case you don't know, Mr. Kobayashi just won the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island, consuming a record of 53 3/4 hog dog for his 6th consecutive title.

mikey said:
In case you don't know, Mr. Kobayashi just won the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island, consuming a record of 53 3/4 hog dog for his 6th consecutive title.

That's almost as nauseating as Nance just predicting a Seahawks-Indy Superbowl XLI and saying "I just think this is Indy's year...".

The next time he tries to impress anyone by delivering Brady for a celebrity foursome Tommy better tell him to... :enranged:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes