PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You all crack me up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClosingTime

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
You all are more delusional than Holmgren. Steelers were handed the game? Puhlease.
The one, and the only, bad call was on the Hassleback tackle after the TD, though that ame call went against the Steelers twice this year. It's a silly rule that you can't try and block through a defender to get to the ballcarrier.
Let's see your other gripes:
- Darrel Jackson's push-off. Did he push the DB? Absolutely. If that call is not made the announcers are screaming bull**** on the non call.
- Ben getting in the endzone? He absolutle did.
- Holding call? Didn't know it was legal to drag a guy down by his shoulder-pads.
Is that all you got? And that's what people are complaining about? A holding call and the difference of a couple inches? Alot of you, starting with that hack Bob George, need to take your panties to the cleaners, stop watching football and dedicate yourselves to sports that you know something about. Maybe figure skating would be good for Mr. George. (God, why am I even wasting my time attacking an Internet sportswriter who no one ever reads?)
Steelers got jobbed 100 times worse in the Indianapolis game and guess what, they overcame those calls.
Did the refs block on Parker's 75-yard TD run? Did they bite on the ARE gadget play? Did they drop all those passes from Hassleback?
And Patriots fans talking about refs handing the game to another team is so richly ironic if makes my teeth hurt.
I expected as much from the teal-colored, latte-sipping potsmokers in Seattle but thought you bunch had learned a bit about the game over the past few years. Guess not.
Cheers from Detroit.

NFL WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS

an anti-conspiracy theorist?

ClosingTime said:
You all are more delusional than Holmgren. Steelers were handed the game? Puhlease.
The one, and the only, bad call was on the Hassleback tackle after the TD, though that ame call went against the Steelers twice this year. It's a silly rule that you can't try and block through a defender to get to the ballcarrier.
- Darrel Jackson's push-off. Did he push the DB? Absolutely. If that call is not made the announcers are screaming bull**** on the non call.
- Holding call? Didn't know it was legal to drag a guy down by his shoulder-pads.
Is that all you got? And that's what people are complaining about? A holding call and the difference of a couple inches? Alot of you, starting with that hack Bob George, need to take your panties to the cleaners, stop watching football and dedicate yourselves to sports that you know something about. Maybe figure skating would be good for Mr. George. (God, why am I even wasting my time attacking an Internet sportswriter who no one ever reads?)
Steelers got jobbed 100 times worse in the Indianapolis game and guess what, they overcame those calls.
Did the refs block on Parker's 75-yard TD run? Did they bite on the ARE gadget play? Did they drop all those passes from Hassleback?
And Patriots fans talking about refs handing the game to another team is so richly ironic if makes my teeth hurt.
I expected as much from the teal-colored, latte-sipping potsmokers in Seattle but thought you bunch had learned a bit about the game over the past few years. Guess not.
Cheers from Detroit.
hey CT, good post. we certainly are over the top. if i'm not now, then i will be in about 4min 38sec. i was rooting for the steelers, have loved that team since big daddy. but, to me, the refs called a bizarre game. yeah, seahawks
made enough mist mistakes to lose. they don't look like a hlomgren team.
as for having gone loony, yeah, sure. appreciate the feedback. not done yet, though. ii'll stick with it 'bout another day and then will get distracted. pitchers and catchers in 3 weeks, baybee.
around the 1st of april i'll start acting a fool about the draft.

I can understand why you're here posting. Your team's championship is tarnished. The Steelers would have had a decent shot of winning the game without being aided and abetted by the officials. But they were aided and abetted, so a great playoff performance has acquired the tincture of ignominy. If I were a Steeler fan, I'd be trying to defend them as well.

:trolls:
blahblahblahblahblahblahblah

>>If I were a Steeler fan, I'd be trying to defend them as well.<<

He only has about 200 more message boards to go now...LOL...what he see's here is whats on most other message boards(and in Europe)...from the lamest team ever to win a SB ,to the ref's handed the game to the Hawks as the game was fixed or the refs sucked. Oh well....just how the new world is now.

In New Englands 3 RECENT SuperBowl games I, for one, cannot recall a single call that was even close to being in the "questonable" area. In fact, most of the calls seemed to, if anything, favor turning the tide to the opposition. I am proud to say we won those 3 games...... Good luck next year Pittsburgh. I once thought Ben Roeth was the real deal but now I am convinced he's not. He's talented but seemingly only when he's running around on broken plays. I think I prefer to have Tom Brady running the offense. But talk is cheap. Let's see how things go in 2006 :rocker:

ClosingTime said:

:rofl:

If Joey Porter does apparently it is.

ClosingTime said:
Cheers from Detroit.

I think you are on the wrong board...but i see the Pitt fans are still preoccupied with the Pats. Sad. You fans from Pitt are on WEEI making yourselves look stupid. Why are you worried about the Pats...go to a Seahawks board and troll them.

ClosingTime said:
Uh, dude, the announcers were both saying it was a horrible call. They were both pushing each other. Of course, we shouldn't be surprised they called it, since that official was from Pittsburgh.

This is a photo a Steelers fan posted to claim it was proof he did:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v469/R-D/?action=view&current=proof.jpg
Note that he circled Ben's ARM. The football is tucked up by his chest, well short of the endzone.

That was ONE of the 5 holding penalties - the only legit one. The other 4 were all ridiculous. With each one of those 4, the announcers said there was no holding.

Is that all you got?
Nope. How about the Darrel Jackson TD that wasn't called at the end of the half, on a long pass? His left foot stepped in bounds, and his right foot kicked the pylon - which counts as stepping in bounds. That should have been a TD. The fact that Ben's run was called a TD, and that wasn't, is ridiculous.

All 4 of those phantom holding penalties were on big plays. Two big passes, and two big punt returns. Every time Seattle had a big play, the refs threw a flag for some phantom hold.

And that's what people are complaining about? A holding call and the difference of a couple inches?
It's a game of inches. Ben being short there should have given them 4th down.

THey got jobbed on ONE bad call in that game. Seattle got jobbed on at least a half dozen bad calls in the SB.

The fact that fans of teams OTHER than Seattle are complaining should illustrate to you, if you weren't clueless, that there WAS a serious problem.

If this was the only place you saw/heard b!tching about the refs, then I would agree. The fact that it has permeated the 'net, radio and tv leads me to think otherwise.

Pittsburgh Stealers-SB XL Champions*

Last edited:
big mike said:
How about the Darrel Jackson TD that wasn't called at the end of the half, on a long pass? His left foot stepped in bounds, and his right foot kicked the pylon - which counts as stepping in bounds. .

Please learn the rules of the game before spouting off. You could not be more wrong about this. Ignorance is fine except when you combine it with obstinance and that equates idiocy. Don't waste my time.

I find it funny most of you responding thinking it's funny I am here now. Look at the post counts, I've been here longer than you bandwagoners.

NFL WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

Last edited:
Congrats on making it to the end of the parade route without Cowher crashing his vehicle in a fiery wreck.

>>Look at the post counts, I've been here longer than you bandwagoners.<<

Proves you need a life?

Touche.

Correction

ClosingTime said:
Please learn the rules of the game before spouting off. You could not be more wrong about this. Ignorance is fine except when you combine it with obstinance and that equates idiocy. Don't waste my time.

I find it funny most of you responding thinking it's funny I am here now. Look at the post counts, I've been here longer than you bandwagoners.

NFL WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS.*

ClosingTime said:

Ouch. You better tell Big Ben that, then, because he seems to believe that he himself didn't get in... :eek: You better give him a call and tell him to stop telling everyone that he didn't get into teh endzone, or he's gonna embarrass you...

:p :p

Your point Seymour?

NFL CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Yup, never get tired of typing it.

It's okay to post stupid posts like closing time....i mean, it's gotta be tough knowing that the squealers skirted around winning the super bowl. i mean, they STILL have not beaten the patriots, little ben STILL chokes in the biggest game of his life and that must drive this toolbag CRAZY. btw, NO ONE outside s*hittzberg believes the squealers weren't aided in that farce of a game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes