Yi is not signing with the Bucks...

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by Boston Boxer, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +201 / 15 / -5

#91 Jersey

what would it take for us to trade for him??? Could we/should we be interested?

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

i think there's more of a chance he succeeds than busts. even darko, who people say was a huge bust and comparable to what yi could be, is now a decent player.

not sure who i'd trade though. i wouldn't want to trade any of our guys, i think it's a good mix right now.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 7 / -3

This is something I've been trying to figure out myself. On the one hand, the Bucks could ask for alot since he was the #5 pick, and is going to be a marketing boon for the team that aquires him. On the other hand, if he won't play for them, and doesn't play for a pro team anywhere on the planet in the next year, he goes back into the draft and the Bucks get nothing. My guess is that teams won't make a push until the season starts, as they'll want to see if the Bucks can sign him, while also waiting till the Bucks have to deal him in order to get a return on their investment. Waiting here is the best option for any team looking ot aquire him, as it probably lowers the cost.

What I think it might take? Hmmm...Next years #1 for sure, and maybe Gerald Green as a starting point. They might take Ryan Gomes, Big Baby, and a 1st. Or Green, BB & a first. Who knows. Telfair might be added as he is an expiring deal. That might mean you'd have to take back a crappy contract like Gadzuric or Simmons to make a deal. It'll be interesting to see. Either way, I think Chicago and GS, who both like him, could offer better packages than the C's.

4. Kevin The Pat

Kevin The Pat Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No 10characters

5. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +201 / 15 / -5

#91 Jersey

well no ****...not interested in him NOW

6. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +188 / 1 / -4

Yup looks like we are trying to win NOW.
    Maybe if the Bucks get desperate we'll offer our 2008 1st rounder. ;)