PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yet another reason to hate ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
As I've said before, I listen to ESPN Radio during my drive to and from work because it's the only sports radio available where I live (unless all you want to hear about is the Packers.)

So tonight on the way home I had it on again, listening to "Monday Night Preview" hosted by John Seibel and Freddie Coleman and they were talking about BB's press conference. The subject went to the NFL's statement that it was a clean hit, and BB was asked how he felt about it, he said, "We train our defensive players to hit between the knees and the shoulders."

And one of the hosts said, "That's just garbage!"

Then he goes on about how Rodney Harrison hit Trent Green and wrecked his knee (never mind that Green himself has said he doesn't think said hit was intentional, or that Rodney wasn't even in New England then), and how Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour have gone for players' knees many times.

WTF? :mad:

I'm going to have to get some books on CD or something, I don't think I can stand this BS anymore.

as i've said before, i listen to espn radio during my drive to and from work because it's the only sports radio available where i live (unless all you want to hear about is the packers.)

so tonight on the way home i had it on again, listening to "monday night preview" hosted by john seibel and freddie coleman and they were talking about bb's press conference. The subject went to the nfl's statement that it was a clean hit, and bb was asked how he felt about it, he said, "we train our defensive players to hit between the knees and the shoulders."

and one of the hosts said, "that's just garbage!"

then he goes on about how rodney harrison hit trent green and wrecked his knee (never mind that green himself has said he doesn't think said hit was intentional, or that rodney wasn't even in new england then), and how vince wilfork and richard seymour have gone for players' knees many times.

Wtf? :mad:

I'm going to have to get some books on cd or something, i don't think i can stand this bs anymore.

**** espn.....

Last edited:
As I've said before, I listen to ESPN Radio during my drive to and from work because it's the only sports radio available where I live (unless all you want to hear about is the Packers.)

So tonight on the way home I had it on again, listening to "Monday Night Preview" hosted by John Seibel and Freddie Coleman and they were talking about BB's press conference. The subject went to the NFL's statement that it was a clean hit, and BB was asked how he felt about it, he said, "We train our defensive players to hit between the knees and the shoulders."

And one of the hosts said, "That's just garbage!"

Then he goes on about how Rodney Harrison hit Trent Green and wrecked his knee (never mind that Green himself has said he doesn't think said hit was intentional, or that Rodney wasn't even in New England then), and how Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour have gone for players' knees many times.

WTF? :mad:

I'm going to have to get some books on CD or something, I don't think I can stand this BS anymore.

for ur own good man...stop torturing urself...

i was offered a free ESPN subsciption like 4 times since last season ended, and I have denied every single copy...

(listening to the packers is better, especially now that it doesnt include favre)

what year did the trent green hit happen?

Rodney didn't even play for the Pats in 99 when he hit trent green. they need to get their facts straight

http://community.foxsports.com/blog..._got_his_wish_Culpepper_is_going_to_be_traded

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Trent's going to be a starter in the NFL, but it is my theory that you shouldn't lose your job to injury. What is going on in Miami is exactly what happened to Trent in St. Louis going into the 2000 season. Green, the starter for the Rams in 1999, tore his ACL on a vicious hit from Rodney Harrison(head hunter) and Kurt Warner took the Rams to a Super Bowl Title. Now Trent is taking a job from another starting quarterback, Culpepper, due to injury. I think the two should battle it out during training camp and let the best player win.

ESPN Radio is brutal, especially those 2 friggin ass clowns in the morning, Mike and the Douchebag.

I have an iPhone now and I had a PDA before, I listen to WEEI online on my phone and pipe it in through my stereo system. It goes down every now and then and it can be a pain in the ass sometimes but it saves my sanity.

WEEI also has some podcasts on iTunes. They are good in a pinch when Dennis and Callaghan start pontificating about their typical non sports BS.

People turn off ESPN. You will feel better. I am convinced that network will put us in an early grave if we continue to listen to their BS. THEY ARE PATRIOTS HATERS!!!

If you want good football talk, Sirius NFL Radio is your best bet.

Well I could not help to tune into Monday nite countdown, and hear Tom Jackson, president of the players that hate the patriots.. He says just wait now there not that good and how what they did last yr will come back to haunt them, and rightfully so..

So please do yourself a favor, turn off espn.. :banned:

i wish people didnt feel the need to let everybody know whats going on at espn. dont watch or listen unless the game is on espn. aviod there pathetic football coverage at all costs.

...I'm going to have to get some books on CD or something, I don't think I can stand this BS anymore.

You answered your own question. Just ignore them. When you click on their website, you put money in their pockets. Ignore them.

ESPN is the ones that said Simms was in Foxboro
after the press meeting with BB
well they sent home Simms, put him on an airplane
at the same time I hear that on tv, I have BB on WEEI
telling Glen, Fred and Steve that they never talked to Simms and he was not here
ESPN is wrong more than they are right

ESPN Radio is brutal, especially those 2 friggin ass clowns in the morning, Mike and the Douchebag.

I have an iPhone now and I had a PDA before, I listen to WEEI online on my phone and pipe it in through my stereo system. It goes down every now and then and it can be a pain in the ass sometimes but it saves my sanity.

WEEI also has some podcasts on iTunes. They are good in a pinch when Dennis and Callaghan start pontificating about their typical non sports BS.

as bad as they are, jason smith is the worst EVER. i never listen to sports talk, i just cant get into it anymore with the bull**** reporting and the smearing they do. most of them prob do not even belive in what they say, they just want to spark a reaction to get phone calls and people talking about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes