PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yet another Buffalo Bill Mensa Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGTS

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score

Bills CB Nickell Robey-Coleman: "What gives me motivation is playing against Tom Brady, and beating him. And sweeping him. In 20 years, that ain't happened. That's what I'm trying to do. That's what gets me fired up. That's what motivates me right now: the fact that I got an opportunity to beat Tom Brady twice in one season, and lighten up my chances of getting to the playoffs."

When again did they beat him this year?

I swear, it's stuff like this that means they won't win anything. They aren't smart enough.

I wonder what his number is, I have a feeling we'll be seeing the back of his jersey quite a bit :D.

Assuming he's a starter...

Bills CB Nickell Robey-Coleman: "What gives me motivation is playing against Tom Brady, and beating him. And sweeping him. In 20 years, that ain't happened. That's what I'm trying to do. That's what gets me fired up. That's what motivates me right now: the fact that I got an opportunity to beat Tom Brady twice in one season, and lighten up my chances of getting to the playoffs."

When again did they beat him this year?

I swear, it's stuff like this that means they won't win anything. They aren't smart enough.

I can already picture his response when the obvious is pointed out to him:

"Brady.... Brissett... Both start with a "B", so it's close enough."

Player is extra motivated to win because he is playing the best/wants to beat the best (never been able to sweep the series with Brady) as well as improve playoff chances.

Not exactly a shocking statement to make...

Player is extra motivated to win because he is playing the best/wants to beat the best (never been able to sweep the series with Brady) as well as improve playoff chances.

Yea I don't really have a problem with what he said.

Not sure he needs to be public about it but whatever.

Uh that's not the point. It won't be a sweep against Brady.

They still won't be able to sweep Brady . . . might want to think about our starter in the last game.

Yea I don't really have a problem with what he said.

Not sure he needs to be public about it but whatever.

It's not what he said. It's the logic behind it. It doesn't make sense.

Not just the "Brady twice" logic.
What about this part?

I got an opportunity to beat Tom Brady twice in one season, and lighten up my chances of getting to the playoffs.

Damn. CTE is turning into an epidemic. I don't know if he's ******ed or his brains are mush from too many hits.

Stuff like this makes a lot more sense when you just assume that any given NFL player is dumb as **** until he proves otherwise. This guy did not prove otherwise.

Do the Bills seriously think they beat Brady in Week 4? Really? They would've been game planning for a third string rookie... and... what? That was only like 4 weeks ago...

I don't even know what to say here. I'm dumbfounded.

Really?

I'm sure he's well aware of who they played in week 4 (assuming he was on their roster at the time) because even if you want to call them idiots they all put in a lot of time watching film and doubtlessly they watched film on JG/JB.

He's probably just another tongue-tied NFL player who meant to say sweep the Patriots but said Brady a few times.

Nickell Robey-Coleman was great in 9-To-5.
9_to_five_dabney.jpg

They still won't be able to sweep Brady . . . might want to think about our starter in the last game.

Huh, that wasn't Brady playing in the last Buff game? I was obviously thrown off by the prolific Brady-esque passing.
Kidding aside, I took the statement to mean sweeping the Patriots. If memory serves me that is something the Bills haven't done since, I believe, the same season of the snow plow game (j/k). However, fair enough, it is correct he/the Bills won't specifically beat Brady the starting QB twice. Also, I am a believer in the BB-Patriot philosophy of STFU and do the talking on the field.

With that said, I don't really have a problem with a player saying (in general) 'we are playing the best and that motivates us to win especially as it has a huge playoff ramification and accomplishes something we haven't done since Skylab was still orbiting'.

But...the Brady BB Pats have only been around for 16 years. (15 if you want to not count 2008).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back