PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yet again, BSPN doesn't let facts get in the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was just watching SC to see some reaction to last night's Sox game and I saw "Hammerin Hank" giving his picks for the week and rationale. Did you know that the Pats gave up "a lot of long drives" last week vs San Francisco? How long were those drives when the 49ers only had the ball for 20 minutes?

Or that our down linemen played very few snaps in favor of playing the pass with a lot of fast DBs and LBs.

I was just watching SC to see some reaction to last night's Sox game and I saw "Hammerin Hank" giving his picks for the week and rationale. Did you know that the Pats gave up "a lot of long drives" last week vs San Francisco? How long were those drives when the 49ers only had the ball for 20 minutes?

The 49ers had one drive the entire game for more than 5 plays or 65 yards. Even their first two TD drives were shorter drives (4 plays 40 yards and 4 plays and 64 yards). Only in the fourth with an 11 play 80 yard TD did the 49ers have a long drive.

No one ever accused Hammerin Hank as being intelligent.

By length of time, absolutely not; the 4-12ers had ONE drive of more than FIVE plays, and it wasn't until the fourth quarter. (By comparison, the Pats had four drives of ten plays or more.) By yardage, the Pats D did give up TD drives of 64 yards and 80 yards--but so did SF.

By length of time, absolutely not; the 4-12ers had ONE drive of more than FIVE plays, and it wasn't until the fourth quarter. (By comparison, the Pats had four drives of ten plays or more.) By yardage, the Pats D did give up TD drives of 64 yards and 80 yards--but so did SF.

64 yards is not a long drive though. Most people consider a drive staring on the 36 yard line as very good field position. I consider a long drive as 80 yards plus (at least if you are measuring by length of the field).

OH - MY - GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Friend,

Consider the source. It isn't called FESPN for nothing... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill