Welcome to PatsFans.com

Yes, Virginia, There Really Is Voter Fraud

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Dec 23, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +235 / 8 / -13

Pointing out the need to require that voters present ID the same way they have to to get a Drivers Liscense or apply for government aid programs.

Yes, Virginia, There Really Is Voter Fraud - By Hans A. von Spakovsky - The Corner - National Review Online

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

I can't think of a reason why citizens are NOT required to show proper identification before they enter the voting booth.

If anyone has knowledge of fraud, please report them to the authorities. It's the right thing to do!

Just 2 minutes ago I heard someone on NECN state that South Carolina is trying to pass a law requiring proper ID. She said some say this would prevent thousands of minorities from voting...as if this was a good reason NOT to pass a law. One could just as easily say that it would prevent thousands of cases of voter fraud too.

I don't give a rats arse about who it prevents from voting. Just tell them to get off their butts and get an ID!! Jeesh!
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

You go tell them:

I know where you can start - a convent in South Bend, Indiana.

Read more here: With no photo IDs, nuns denied ballots in Indiana | McClatchy
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 11 / -27

"It's not the people who vote that count.It's the people who count the votes"

See Diebold, now Premier Election Systems...
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Of course fraud happens, but it's very rare, and the notion that nonvoters are going to risk felony charges in order to cast an illegal vote is absurd. Even most voters don't like to vote -- because of the inconvenience, because it's an act of embracing the system they so dislike, because they are unsure of the process, because they are intimidated by the machinery, etc.

But, you are are right, higher upstream, such as where political operatives are or technology is involved, we should be more vigilant. That's where our energy should be devoted. I'm glad you recognize the corruption that can exist at the state and local levels. That's why we need good set of federal laws to ensure that our elections are honest. States rights is terrible thing in most cases.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

NECN must be a little behind the times, if that's what you heard. Or else you heard without listening.

SC already passed their law - the Justice Department has blocked it, saying that it would “significantly” burden non-white voters.

South Carolina Voter Law Blocked by Justice Department as Biased - Businessweek
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Times change, the country has changed, the people have changed, yes it's time, that is all I will say.