PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yes, Ty Warren has decided to be a leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
“Sometimes that can start quarrels,’’ said defensive end Ty Warren, who returned yesterday after missing last week’s game. “Sometimes other guys like Coach or myself, right on down the line, can insert some saneness into the whole situation.’’

It all comes together for playoff-bound Patriots - The Boston Globe2

Between that quote and the fact of his public calling-out of AD at the time of the flap, I think it's crystal-clear that Warren has taken on a leadership role.

And evidently he's not alone.

Last edited:
you go Ty....they will follow you

Ty Warren has elevated his status and role in my eyes.

A potentially important development. Veteran leadership, from guys that are actually playing (sorry Junior) can make a difference on a team with a lot of young guys. Good teams have that, typically, and the Pats haven't seemed to.

If Warren is stepping up and being a leader, I have to say its about damn time. Warren's been one of my FAVORITE players for awhile now. My only knock on him was his lack of leadership. If he could become the next "Willie McGinest" of the locker-room, that would be fantastic.

If Warren is stepping up and being a leader, I have to say its about damn time. Warren's been one of my FAVORITE players for awhile now. My only knock on him was his lack of leadership. If he could become the next "Willie McGinest" of the locker-room, that would be fantastic.

Absolutely, this is a great thing for the Pats. I think it's a matter of Ty being a more soft spoken person, and having to develop this part of his personality, rather than him being reluctant to be a leader. I think he's seen that leading by example, which he has done for years, is not enough anymore. Warren is a very good player up front, and now he is taking young players under his wing. The Pats need him to become the next Willie Mac or Mike Vrabel. I see Warren and Mayo as the natural leaders of this team's defense going forward. I still have hopes for Meriweather in this regard as well, he's a bit immature but you can see winning is important to him so he should develop in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes