PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yes/No: Do you want another pursuit to perfection in 2008?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want another pursuit of perfection?

• Yes!

Votes: 101 58.7%
  • No!

Votes: 71 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect would be wonderful

If we were to lose along the way, though, the pressure would be less and the likelyhood of winning the title would be greater.

Elway on ESPN said when he was 13-0 it was almost a relief to finally lose. Then they Bronchos lost again, got mad, regained their edge, and won a ring.

Humble pie and mental toughness can keep you from losing your edge to an extent, and it would be WONDERFUL to complete the job, along with being perhaps the only way to get jack-tard fans of other teams to shut up about 18-1 this year.

But I want another ring, any way possible, and I think the ring is more likely without added pressure, even for the most focused players ever.

Last edited:
no. I hope we lose opening day. The pursuit to perfection lost the Superbowl for us.
A tentative offensive line lost the Super Bowl for us.

Of course the team should seek perfection.

Keep our dream alive. 19-0 for 08 season.

I want a ring and i want to see new records.

Last edited:
I've often wondered if the Colts had beaten us week 9, if they would have run the table. THen we go to Indy and bust their perfect season bid in the AFCCG and come back to beat the Giants in the SB. Take out both the Manning brothers at QB in the same playoff game.

We would have been the A-holes to destroy the Manning Football League.

This scenario could happen next year.....

For my health and stress level - No way. THis past month and especially the past week was horribly draining.

Last edited:
If we could do it next year it would be history for all time. The pressure couldn't be more than this year,

I really hope the Colts/Chargers/Steelers/Sehawks games are all in the first half of the season. (Won't happen of course) If a run at perfection were to happen again, I'd love to get the tougher teams out of the way. Also, ending the season with say the Jets @ home would be great, I'm guessing the NFL will give us another tough road Week 17 matchup though.

Also if we are to go 19-0 this year, then we go from the biggest letdown in sports history, to the greatest resiliency in sports history.

I basically view it as climbing Mount Everest for a grueling 6 months, then falling off minutes away from reaching the top.

Then, getting some new tools, - while losing some others- brushing yourself off and start climbing again. It would be quite the amazing feat.

Last edited:
I really hope the Colts/Chargers/Steelers/Sehawks games are all in the first half of the season. (Won't happen of course) If a run at perfection were to happen again, I'd love to get the tougher teams out of the way. Also, ending the season with say the Jets @ home would be great, I'm guessing the NFL will give us another tough road Week 17 matchup though.

Also if we are to go 19-0 this year, then we go from the biggest letdown in sports history, to the greatest resiliency in sports history.

I basically view it as climbing Mount Everest for a grueling 6 months, then falling off minutes away from reaching the top.

Then, getting some new tools, - while losing some others- brushing yourself off and start climbing again. It would be quite the amazing feat.

I agree...our schedule is so damn easy next year (on paper, as of now, a lot can change) that perfection might come into the mix again.

Does anyone remember Dan Gable, the wrestler? One year he was undefeated going into the NCAA finals where he was upset by Larry Owings from the University of Washington. The next year he not only went undefeated but he shut out all of his opponents! :)

I'm going to start buying some Dan Gable merchandise and use it as a motivator for the entire 2008 season.

This is really bugging me. When did anything become more important than Superbowl wins? It's so easy to forget where this team came from and how futile the possibility of even making the playoffs, much less winning a SB seemed.

Now we've tasted success, and it's natural to want to win the championship every single year. Still, all this extra stuff about shutting people up, proving we should have won, setting NFL records, etc, etc. We have become so spoiled in our expectations that I can see why the rest of the country seems to dislike our beloved team (see: "Baseball, Yankees").

Sometimes I miss being the up-and-comers that came out of nowhere to shock the Rams in '01. In my opinion that win was sweeter than this one would have been.

Just give me more rings, please.

Last edited:
This is really bugging me. When did anything become more important than Superbowl wins? It's so easy to forget where this team came from and how futile the possibility of even making the playoffs, much less winning a SB seemed.

Now we've tasted success, and it's natural to want to win the championship every single year. Still, all this extra stuff about shutting people up, proving we should have won, setting NFL records, etc, etc. We have become so spoiled in our expectations that I can see why the rest of the country seems to dislike our beloved team (see: "Baseball, Yankees").

Sometimes I miss being the up-and-comers that came out of nowhere to shock the Rams in '01. In my opinion that win was sweeter than this one would have been.

Just give me more rings, please.

I now want to revoke my vote...you have said aboloutly everything right...the perfection is just a multiplier: if you go 16-0/win each playoff/win the superbowl, it multiplies your greatness. But when you lose, it does the same thing...unfortunately...

No, this team and coaches can not handle the pressure.

I want 19-0 next year

No, this team and coaches can not handle the pressure.

We handled the pressure for a full 18 games and then an additional 60 minutes. Unfortunately the officiating crew in the biggest game of the year was incapable of properly maintaining the clock, thus 60 minutes wasn't enough.

Its better you lost this year. Maybe not for your fans and as far as championship bragging rights go. But trust that NOBODY really would have gave the pats crdit this year with the whole spygate thing. Cheating is cheating and thats how everyone looks at it. For many they think the pats should've been disqualified from playoff contention. So winning it next year and going undefeated would actually mean more in the sporting world to most fans. Just a charger fans take on it.

Of course. I want every Patriot team to pursue perfection.

Its better you lost this year. Maybe not for your fans and as far as championship bragging rights go. But trust that NOBODY really would have gave the pats crdit this year with the whole spygate thing. Cheating is cheating and thats how everyone looks at it. For many they think the pats should've been disqualified from playoff contention. So winning it next year and going undefeated would actually mean more in the sporting world to most fans. Just a charger fans take on it.

Nice wishful thinking...:rolleyes: :trolls:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back