Yes, Another 'Thank You Mr. Kraft' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for not being Woody Johnson:

From the (evidently) unmoderated and unmerged Jets Insider forum - - they have two separate threads about how to get out of PSL's and how to defend against Woody Johnson when he sues them for it:

Forfeiting PSL? - Jets Insider.com Forums

Giving up PSL's? - Jets Insider.com Forums

Evidently, alot of Jets fans are scared about their credit history being ruined because they want to bail out of a 30 year financial committment to their Little Lord Fauntleroy owner.

In Patriots Nation we ask "What the hell is a PSL?".

We are blessed.

Last edited:
What is a PSL

Thank you for not being Woody Johnson:

From the (evidently) unmoderated and unmerged Jets Insider forum - - they have two separate threads about how to get out of PSL's and how to fight Woody Johnson when he sues them for it:

Giving up PSL's? - Jets Insider.com Forums

In Patriots Nation we ask "What the hell is a PSL?".

We are blessed.

I've been over there reading about the PSL problems. I don't wish that crap on anyone, even Jets fans.

The thing that I've never understood is how do Jets fans share the seats with the Giants fans that also owns the seats. What if Elvis really didn't die and wanted to do a breakout concert there? Who get's the first choice for the seat, the Giants fan of the Jets fan?

I've been over there reading about the PSL problems. I don't wish that crap on anyone, even Jets fans.

The thing that I've never understood is how do Jets fans share the seats with the Giants fans that also owns the seats. What if Elvis really didn't die and wanted to do a breakout concert there? Who get's the first choice for the seat, the Giants fan of the Jets fan?

Giants fans, of course. Their team has at least won something since the fall of Saigon.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would ever agree to buy PSLs. It doesn't make sense on any level - I'm as diehard as most, but that's way too much of a commitment.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would ever agree to buy PSLs. It doesn't make sense on any level - I'm as diehard as most, but that's way too much of a commitment.

Same as the time share thing. All inclusive resort, you drink a lot, the weather is nice and you're in a good mood. But you're just not thinking right.

People are emotionally attached to their sports teams.

I went to Sabres game last year in the lower bowl with the ticket at $90 a pop. It was my only game of the year. I looked around the crowd and realized that there is no way the fans--by the looks of them--should be able to afford $90 x 41 per ticket, and the season ticket base in the mid teens! A family needs to spend $6,000 for 2 people to buy season tix to the Sabres.

Just insane.

One more thing. A sure way to get your PSL yanked in New England is to get thrown out of the stadium or else sell to someone (preferably an acquaintance who you know will drink too much and start a fight).

But at a Jets game, such behavior is par for the course and will not get you thrown out.

Are there problems besides the fact that their team's bad and is likely going to be that way for a few years (at best)? Anyone stupid enough to think that the model the Jets were using during their "good" years was sustainable would've been separated from their money one way or another, so I'm really not feeling too bad about that.

I'm surprised the justice system isn't involved in some of these PSL scams. I mean how would you react if you paid thousands of dollars per year for 30 years, upgraded over the years as your finances get better to the ideal seats? And then you get something in the mail saying btw, if you want to keep those seats it's going to be triple of what your paying now plus we want a one time fee for each ticket upwards of 10,000 per seat.

"Oh, what's that? You are not going to pay these prices? Well here are your new seats sir/mam, these nosebleeds are still have a really nice view of the game. Enjoy the rest of retirement."

One more thing. A sure way to get your PSL yanked in New England is to get thrown out of the stadium or else sell to someone (preferably an acquaintance who you know will drink too much and start a fight).

But at a Jets game, such behavior is par for the course and will not get you thrown out.

(.....face palm.......)

Dude, pay attention to the subject of this thread.

There are no PSL's at Gillette.

Last edited:
I clicked on the JI link and got a popup window with the following text:

This site is blocked.
An unacceptable security risk is posed by this site.
McAfee Security Rating: Red​

McAfee knows things.

Regards,
Chris

(.....face palm.......)

Dude, pay attention to the subject of this thread.

There are no PSL's at Gillette.

I know that.

I meant season tickets.

Last edited:
I clicked on the JI link and got a popup window with the following text:

This site is blocked.
An unacceptable security risk is posed by this site.
McAfee Security Rating: Red​

McAfee knows things.

Regards,
Chris

You must have MacAfee Moron Block 2.0!

It blocks all Jets content.
plus anything said by any Ravens player,
plus all of the "Brady has lost it" threads on here

good move!

I must admit I agree with the OP we are lucky not to have these PSLs heaped on us and Thank You Mr. Kraft for not doing it to us.

But to play devils advocate a little, and keep in mind I dont think this out wieghs the cost, but from what I have heard you do not buy PSLs but rather your basically putting a down payment as you are entitled to the money back when your time is up. And I also believe that with the PSLs you then are not subject to scalping laws and can sell your ticket for whatever price you can get for it.

Again I am not saying this makes it right but I think alot of people especially those like us that dont have to deal with them dont realize this.

Am I wrong about this? Like I said we dont have em hear so my knowledge is very limited on this subject.

You must have MacAfee Moron Block 2.0!

It blocks ...
...all of the "Brady has lost it" threads on here

good move!

No, still see those, unfortunately. :bricks:

Regards,
Chris

...but from what I have heard you do not buy PSLs but rather your basically putting a down payment as you are entitled to the money back when your time is up...

...Am I wrong about this? Like I said we dont have em hear so my knowledge is very limited on this subject.

I don't think you get money back. Most teams have a mechanism for owners to sell the PSLs to others at whatever cost you can get (minus a transaction fee the team receives, of course, plus approval by the team). Very similar to the ticket exchange teams now offer.

Regards,
Chris

Evidently, alot of Jets fans are scared about their credit history being ruined because they want to bail out of a 30 year financial committment to their Little Lord Fauntleroy owner.
Well, if you take out a loan with a 30 year payment plan, and then decide not to make the payments, I really have a hard time feeling much sympathy for you. And that's got nothing to do with the fact that they are Jets fans.

The PSL only guarantees your seats for that team's home games, not every event that takes place in the stadium. So if Elvis and the reunited Beatles gave a concert there, your PSL would be worthless in trying to get ticket.

Now, conveniently enough, if Carrot Top performed a concert there, then the team would try to make you feel special and that you are getting an "exclusive offer as a PSL holder" to get tickets.

The Patriots don't have PSLs but make no mistake: If they did, they would have sold every single one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes